HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 08:30 AM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
That being said, isn't it this year NJ has to surrender their 1st round pick because of the Kovalchuk debacle? Always surprised me why they didn't surrender last year's pick, as it was only the 29th.
It was surprising, but they do have the ability to surrender up to next year (2014). This draft is in New Jersey, so it is highly unlikely they give the pick up now.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I don't think Duclair will get much taller, but he's still very small, he can fill that frame a plenty. He is very skilled, and I thought his passing game has been better this year. He's a goal scorer first, that's for sure.
It's next to impossible to predict if a 17 year old is done growing or not but, to be honest, it really doesn't matter because when I say 'grow in size', I'm not talking about height... I'm talking about mass. Height is just not that important.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Et le But

Old
02-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Awesome, now I'll try to pull this off in my beer league!

Old
02-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Awesome, now I'll try to pull this off in my beer league!
Crosby did and also a guy at Michigan, Mike Leggo?

Old
02-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Crosby did and also a guy at Michigan, Mike Leggo?
A backhander ? I always tought it was a regular michigan, Anyway, when I pull michigans at the ice rink all the kids think I'm some kind of god, little do they know.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
ChoseLa

25. Hartman
31. Zykov
46. Petan
55. Carrier

Old
02-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
25. Hartman
31. Zykov
46. Petan
55. Carrier
I predict you will be zero out of 8 (both the pick numbers and players)

Old
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Hugo Sham

apologies if already posted
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2013-nh...0848--nhl.html

Old
02-06-2013, 07:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Stupid article as usual. You`ll see in 2015 these authors will look back and say "oh look at the amount of players from that draft. It was a good one."

Old
02-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Stupid article as usual. You`ll see in 2015 these authors will look back and say "oh look at the amount of players from that draft. It was a good one."
Each scout saying it's just an okay first round probably has a very different 15-30 rank from any other scout saying the same thing. There will be highly ranked guys fall throughout the draft, and then like you said, a few years from now people will look at it and say its a deep draft.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Not sure where this guy is getting his info but the 2013 draft is as deep as any since 2003 and ultimately in 10 years, 2013 may be seen as stronger than 2003.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:25 PM
JAVO16

What a ******** article. Have these guys heard of Lindholm and Barkov ?

Old
02-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Lebowski

Drouin with 2 goals and an assist tonight in a SO win over Rimouski. Now up to 29 goals and 71 points in 34 games.

Mackinnon with a goal, 28 goals 68 points in 40 games.

Anybody still think it is completely out of question to see Drouin go before Mackinnon now? Currently sitting at 2,09 PPG

Old
02-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Drouin with 2 goals and an assist tonight in a SO win over Rimouski. Now up to 29 goals and 71 points in 34 games.

Mackinnon with a goal, 28 goals 68 points in 40 games.

Anybody still think it is completely out of question to see Drouin go before Mackinnon now? Currently sitting at 2,09 PPG
I'd like to see a team like Columbus get him.
could really energize that team.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:11 PM
blueberry

Pierre Larouche had 250 points!

Old
02-07-2013, 03:49 AM
S Bah

Just a thought after the Habs played a great game for a team that was last in their Conference in 2012.They may still miss the playoffs and get the 1st overall in the draft, this could be a very good chance for the Habs after gauging their team against one of the favorites in the NHL.Normally I put aside the size factor when choosing players that I believe are the BPA to bring the Habs a SC.The Habs have a very well balanced team but they are really missing the powerful players needed to battle through the SC playoffs IMO.A Seth Jones or Aleksander Barkov could make a huge change for the Habs as soon as next Oct.,with three 2nd round choices,a 3rd,5th,6th and a 7th this year.My gut feeling is the Habs should concentrate their efforts in acquiring at least one more 1st and a couple of 4ths to get some depth with size in their system.I mean players that may be projects but at least can skate well and have some upside.If they traded for a 1st and Zadorov or Nicushkin are available pick one of them,they will be NHLers that most certainly can wear down the opposition the way Boston,San Jose,Philly, Vancouver and all of the SC contenders are capable of doing.Marc Bergevin will draft these types of players if they are available I'm confident in that thought,I just hope the Habs get lucky and win the 1st overall.I will list some more players that could be a great fit with the core group the Habs have now.Mike McCarron,Sam Henley,Tyler Hill,J.Bailey,Nick Moutrey,J.Hayden,Myles Bell and Nicholas Baptiste,along with Fred Gauthier,Sam Morin,Tony Mantha,Bill Carrier, John Diaby,V.Zykov,Eric Roy,M Mueller and Darnell Nurse that's plenty to choose from that will give the Habs a definite flavor of skill,size and skating abilities with toughness.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:17 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Just a thought after the Habs played a great game for a team that was last in their Conference in 2012.They may still miss the playoffs and get the 1st overall in the draft, this could be a very good chance for the Habs after gauging their team against one of the favorites in the NHL.Normally I put aside the size factor when choosing players that I believe are the BPA to bring the Habs a SC.The Habs have a very well balanced team but they are really missing the powerful players needed to battle through the SC playoffs IMO.A Seth Jones or Aleksander Barkov could make a huge change for the Habs as soon as next Oct.,with three 2nd round choices,a 3rd,5th,6th and a 7th this year.My gut feeling is the Habs should concentrate their efforts in acquiring at least one more 1st and a couple of 4ths to get some depth with size in their system.I mean players that may be projects but at least can skate well and have some upside.If they traded for a 1st and Zadorov or Nicushkin are available pick one of them,they will be NHLers that most certainly can wear down the opposition the way Boston,San Jose,Philly, Vancouver and all of the SC contenders are capable of doing.Marc Bergevin will draft these types of players if they are available I'm confident in that thought,I just hope the Habs get lucky and win the 1st overall.I will list some more players that could be a great fit with the core group the Habs have now.Mike McCarron,Sam Henley,Tyler Hill,J.Bailey,Nick Moutrey,J.Hayden,Myles Bell and Nicholas Baptiste,along with Fred Gauthier,Sam Morin,Tony Mantha,Bill Carrier, John Diaby,V.Zykov,Eric Roy,M Mueller and Darnell Nurse that's plenty to choose from that will give the Habs a definite flavor of skill,size and skating abilities with toughness.
1) Why do you hate paragraphs?

2) I still hold hope the Habs can get a high draft pick. Based on what people say, there's a talent drop-off after the ~5th overall, and then after the ~8th overall.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

2) I still hold hope the Habs can get a high draft pick. Based on what people say, there's a talent drop-off after the ~5th overall, and then after the ~8th overall.
Well, and there are always a few players picked much later who turn out to be as good as the top 5-10 pick guys. Of course, you can't *expect* to get one of those. But they're always there. So instead of hoping for a top-10 pick, I'll hope to pick as low as possible. *And* hope to be the team that snags the next Giroux or Perry or... Pacioretty!... etc etc with a pick after #20.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

The talent drop off is not relative to the people after 8 being bad it's about the players before 8 being awesome.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
The talent drop off is not relative to the people after 8 being bad it's about the players before 8 being awesome.
Even after the talent dropoff it's a better cast of players between 10 and 40 than last year.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Not sure where this guy is getting his info but the 2013 draft is as deep as any since 2003 and ultimately in 10 years, 2013 may be seen as stronger than 2003.
Quote:
“The 2013 draft is not as strong or as deep as we first thought,” said one scout, echoing the thoughts of many others. “It’s a deep top 10 and an OK first round, but I don’t see a lot of depth. Is it deeper than 2012? I’m not so sure.”
Whether you choose to believe it is one thing, but it's not like the writer invented stuff out of thin air (we assume).

Of course, this happens every year - a draft gets hyped up as being "one of the best ever" and then it stops looking so rosy as we get closer to D-Day. Only time will tell.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Whether you choose to believe it is one thing, but it's not like the writer invented stuff out of thin air (we assume).

Of course, this happens every year - a draft gets hyped up as being "one of the best ever" and then it stops looking so rosy as we get closer to D-Day. Only time will tell.
From what I have seen the guys from #11 to 60 are at least 15-20% better than 2012.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:15 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

And then immediately after, all is forgiven, and prospects who plummeted become untouchable "steals." Same **** happened in 2010, 2011, 2012, and will happen this year.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
From what I have seen the guys from #11 to 60 are at least 15-20% better than 2012.
How did you get to that number? Bizarre statement to make.

Anyway, you may very well be right, but it's unreasonable to discredit the article as you have, since the phenomenon of overhyping a draft is common. We'll only really know for sure at least 5 years from now.

Closed Thread