HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Manny Legace?

View Poll Results: Would you sign Manny Legace?
Yes 22 37.29%
No 37 62.71%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

vCash: 500
Manny Legace?

Would you like DL to sign this Goalie? Better than trading the farm for an overpaid goalie like Cloutier.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 04:20 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
just doesn't make sense financially.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 04:21 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

this poll needs a third option of something like don't trade for or sign a goalie; keep garon and labs.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
just doesn't make sense financially.

Depends. You pickup Legace for 2M a year or so and you get a extremly good backup who can save the team if Garon goes back into a month long-slump....

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 04:28 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Depends. You pickup Legace for 2M a year or so and you get a extremly good backup who can save the team if Garon goes back into a month long-slump....
Kind of what im hoping for as well, the guy has been a starter and has playoff experience too...Garon would be the backup in my opinion.

Old
07-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24frolov View Post
Kind of what im hoping for as well, the guy has been a starter and has playoff experience too...Garon would be the backup in my opinion.
I'd start it of with Garon as the starter and if he can't cut it put Legace in.

Now we have Garon as starter who didn't prove anything and Labarb who didn't show anything.

I don't mind 1 "maybe" in the goalie position but 2 is a little tough...

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 04:57 PM
kingsfan25

No. Although maybe Lombardi would given his dislike for Garon.

Legace is going to be too expensive and he's only going to sign as a starter, IMO.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
No. Although maybe Lombardi would given his dislike for Garon.

Legace is going to be too expensive and he's only going to sign as a starter, IMO.
I would much rather pay Legace alot of money than trade a couple of good players like frolov and brown for an overrated goalie like Coutier. Legace is only going to sign on as a starter because he is one, Garon and Lebarb dont have starting material. Im not saying Legace is the greatest goalie in the world, given our options he would be a good pickup.

Old
07-04-2006, 05:15 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
I would much rather pay Legace alot of money than trade a couple of good players like frolov and brown for an overrated goalie like Coutier. Legace is only going to sign on as a starter because he is one, Garon and Lebarb dont have starting material. Im not saying Legace is the greatest goalie in the world, given our options he would be a good pickup.
I think you'll find the majority of people here disagree.

Old
07-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I'd still rather trade for Biron.

But Legace is an upgrade over what we got. If he would sign a two year deal at a reasonable price I wouldn't oppose it.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I'd still rather trade for Biron.

But Legace is an upgrade over what we got. If he would sign a two year deal at a reasonable price I wouldn't oppose it.
Biron is going nowhere. I think the Sabres are quite content to keep him as Miller's back up. That's why they dealt Noronen in the first place.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:34 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Biron is going nowhere. I think the Sabres are quite content to keep him as Miller's back up. That's why they dealt Noronen in the first place.
Biron might not feel the same way....

Old
07-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
The problem is that Legace supposedly wants far more than $2M... reportedly $4M, I think. He'd probably come down on that, since demand is lowering, but even $3.5M would be too much, IMO.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Venom_17

I wouldn't pay a stitch more than $2M for Legace. What the hell has he done in his career (besides play on a great team and then choke in the playoffs)??

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:12 PM
pwallll

wow tight poll

i think DL should sign him. unless you guys trade for biron.

maybe if you got nabokov he would turn out really good like kiprusoff did and that would be the 2nd all star goale the sharks traded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
they dealt noronen because they didnt need him since they had biron and miller. and now the ryan miller is their no.1 they said they wont trade biron until they got a good no.2 (probably shouldve kept noronen) but they will trade biron eventually, biron wants a trade and management knows it.

pwallll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Garon has as a good chance at bringing the cup to LA...which isnt very good...but i'll gladly stick with what we have here....

i'm still a Garon fan (and no i'm not a fan of fat rebounds, and soft goals)

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:26 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
I wouldn't pay a stitch more than $2M for Legace. What the hell has he done in his career (besides play on a great team and then choke in the playoffs)??
So tell me where Legace sucks and Garon is better? If salary is your only problem then thats a weak arguement.

Old
07-04-2006, 07:29 PM
ILuvLA

No. Legace supposedly wants too much money and I don't believe that he's an upgrade from what we currently have. With that said, if it came down to a choice between Cloutier & Legace, I'd go with the latter.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:38 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
No. Legace supposedly wants too much money and I don't believe that he's an upgrade from what we currently have. With that said, if it came down to a choice between Cloutier & Legace, I'd go with the latter.
How is it not an upgrade? What have Garon and Labarb proven?

Old
07-04-2006, 07:45 PM
deano

Tell me how Legace or Cloutier is a better option than Garon. Our defense was an abortion last season. How can a guy have so much momentum the previous year, and now needs to be the backup to Manny Legace or Dan Cloutier? Neither of these goaltenders have ever had a dominant season. How many of those 2 on 1 or unadultered breakaways does someone have to stop to be deemed a "quality goaltender".

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:50 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

i say give garon one more year before giving up on him, our defense has improved and I'm sure that you will see that reflect on a dramatically improved play by garon.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:56 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
How is it not an upgrade? What have Garon and Labarb proven?
what exactly has Legace proven...and how exactly is he an upgrade....playing behind a DET team who is incredible at puck movement and possesion, and where there was only 1 minus player on the whole roster does not make his stats very impressive at all....not to mention he's 33 and has only had more than 40 starts 1 time in his whole career, he's anything but a proven goalie who you throw a big contract at

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 08:47 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
what exactly has Legace proven...and how exactly is he an upgrade....playing behind a DET team who is incredible at puck movement and possesion, and where there was only 1 minus player on the whole roster does not make his stats very impressive at all....not to mention he's 33 and has only had more than 40 starts 1 time in his whole career, he's anything but a proven goalie who you throw a big contract at
Legace has proven he can play a full season without having a complete breakdown. Garon is nothing but a backup and before this season he has never been a starter and unfortunately now we know why. As for the age crap everyone keeps crying about just take a look at Roloson, guy is 36 and played great in the playoffs did he not? Plus the oilers threw 4 million at him. Im not saying that Legace will win the Vezina Trophy if we sign him, but Garon is just not going to be consistant as our starter. If we can get Legace at 3 million, I would be happy.

Old
07-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Legace has proven he can play a full season without having a complete breakdown. Garon is nothing but a backup and before this season he has never been a starter and unfortunately now we know why.As for the age crap everyone keeps crying about just take a look at Roloson, guy is 36 and played great in the playoffs did he not? Plus the oilers threw 4 million at him. Im not saying that Legace will win the Vezina Trophy if we sign him, but Garon is just not going to be consistant as our starter. If we can get Legace at 3 million, I would be happy.
Sorry, but same can be said for Legacy. If he's not behind that Detroit defense, he's an older, more expensive backup. Garon has had a full season as a starting goaltender in which the entire team self destructed. Why are you so quick to give up on him, when it took Legace 6 seasons to become a starter?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 08:59 PM
gerhart

Send a message via MSN to gerhart
As much as I love Legace, I don't think it should happen. To me, it seems Garon is going to be the starter next season, once again. The money should be spent elsewhere. As much as I would love the kids to get an opportunity, I still see a glaring hole inside the top-six (especially because Kopitar is probably playing in Manchester next season).

As for it taking Legace six seasons to become the Red Wings starting goaltender... Legace always had the promise of becoming a starter. It wasn't his fault the Red Wings organization didn't have much faith in him and would rather go after a proven top-not goaltender in an attempt to purchase the Stanley Cup.

But, with that... There's no way I'm willing to give up Garon just yet. Let him play out this season. If there's a problem, get help. If not, there are some decent goaltending prospects in the Kings organization. Maybe one of them can finally answer the call sooner than later.

gerhart is offline   Reply With Quote