HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Lose 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 11:17 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yea that was kinda a sign that this game wasn't going to go our way. I still laughed though.
After the Eller and Pleks breakaways and the failed armstrong tap-in, I got really nervous.

Whitesnake called it better than anyone else when he said that the team that struggles to put in those easy chances, even when ahead, is in some deep ****.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:21 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
With a loss tonight we are one game closer to ''Tank Time''.
blasphemy...we`re a good team. last year was different...injuries killed us.....its not happening again this year. we`re moving forward...we`re getting back in the playoffs....then we`re adding younger pieces in the offseason and slowly weeding out the older ones...timmins is gonna **** the draft, and we will be a powerhouse by the 2014-2015 season book it

Old
02-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Habs Junkie

Whole team looked bad, but we'll never ever beat Boston having Desharnais up against Krejci Bergeron or Seguin.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Bad game, but they were still working hard. A few thoughts;

* Moving Eller to the kid line with one shift left was stupid. Should have been done mid-way through the third.

* I don't know what Moen and Colby are bringing to the team right now. They seem useless, and I like Moen.

* Cole is so streaky. He seems interested one shift, then the next shift just glides around. His effort this season has been worse than Kovalev. No joke.

* We need to stop dumping and chasing so much. We are losing so much puck possession because we can't get it back. We need to carry the puck sometimes. Switch it up.

* Rask was very good, but lucky. A different night, we pot 5 or 6 of those pucks that just missed the net.
This has been on my mind for the last 5-or-so games. Moen is bringing nothing to the table but some reliable PK prowess. Did we get spoiled by his success the past couple of seasons, or is he really nothing more than a plug for the PK and a minute-eater on the 4th line? Either way, I haven't had good feels about him.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:25 PM
JSBach

Perhaps I am blind or have a selective memory, but I don't think this game is cause for much concern. We're still in the playoffs, and we got a better result against a team who are two years off a Cup than a team who are a few months off a third overall pick should have gotten.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:28 PM
ryanwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
This has been on my mind for the last 5-or-so games. Moen is bringing nothing to the table but some reliable PK prowess. Did we get spoiled by his success the past couple of seasons, or is he really nothing more than a plug for the PK and a minute-eater on the 4th line? Either way, I haven't had good feels about him.
I feel like the injuries are starting to take their toll on him.

He can still be an effective player, but his effectiveness is diminishing before our eyes quicker than we could have imagined.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
Perhaps I am blind or have a selective memory, but I don't think this game is cause for much concern. We're still in the playoffs, and we got a better result against a team who are two years off a Cup than a team who are a few months off a third overall pick should have gotten.
People over-react to missed chances and forget that the talent is in generating the chance, not as much in converting on it.

Habs were pretty good against a good opponent, probably deserved to win this one more than the Bruins did but didn`t get the bounces. You can`t expect them to dominate like they did in the 1st all the time against a contending team. If they could do that they`d be world-beaters.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:32 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Anyone blaming Bouillon is not only looking at the wrong place for solutions but also, completely blind. He's been rock solid, controls the puck well and made some good pinches to keep the puck in the O-Zone.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:34 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
With a loss tonight we are one game closer to ''Tank Time''.
That is so stupid....if you want to tank so badly...cheer for the Islanders, Blue Jackets or Leafs!!!

If you learned anything about last year is that once you make the playoffs ANYTHING can happen!

Old
02-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Bone for your jar

You have a very dangerous team, and a lot to look forward to. I think what you ran into, besides a goalie who was sick of losing to you and in the zone, was a team with veteran poise and belief in itself, that was able to pull itself together in the later stages in the game. Frankly if it wasn't for Julien shuffling the lines, Habs probably win 1-0.

Till we meet again!

Old
02-06-2013, 11:44 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Whole team looked bad, but we'll never ever beat Boston having Desharnais up against Krejci Bergeron or Seguin.
This.

Deharnais is not a no. 1 center. Cannot win the battles.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:44 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
That is so stupid....if you want to tank so badly...cheer for the Islanders, Blue Jackets or Leafs!!!

If you learned anything about last year is that once you make the playoffs ANYTHING can happen!
Yes, anything indeed can happen...

***note: does not apply to most teams. In order for "anything" to happen, said team should probably have several elite talents in offense, d, and goal.***

Old
02-06-2013, 11:51 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
You have a very dangerous team, and a lot to look forward to. I think what you ran into, besides a goalie who was sick of losing to you and in the zone, was a team with veteran poise and belief in itself, that was able to pull itself together in the later stages in the game. Frankly if it wasn't for Julien shuffling the lines, Habs probably win 1-0.

Till we meet again!
i agree.and if the habs buried a couple of those glorious chances in the first it woulda been game over.great teams seize opportunities .not sure we re close to that yet after tonite.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:55 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
* I don't know what Moen and Colby are bringing to the team right now. They seem useless, and I like Moen.
+1

Moen is the weakest link on the team at the moment.

Colby is at least getting himself in dangerous positions.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
i agree.and if the habs buried a couple of those glorious chances in the first it woulda been game over.great teams seize opportunities .not sure we re close to that yet after tonite.
Great teams are the ones that generate the most chances. Scoring on them comes and goes for every team.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:03 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

The Moen signing is looking pretty bad right now. He's a contract year guy it seems.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwb View Post
I feel like the injuries are starting to take their toll on him.

He can still be an effective player, but his effectiveness is diminishing before our eyes quicker than we could have imagined.
Agreed, a guy like him should never have had to be our main grinder for so many seasons. He very may just be worn out. Thankfully for him it's a short season.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Habs Junkie

Moen is far from the reason we lost tonight.. You should be expecting offense from your top players not a 4th line grinder. We scored one freakin goal tonight, and we're talking about Moen??? Sheesh

Old
02-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
Look for White to replace Armstrong next game IMO. Bad turnovers at the blue lines and failed clearing attempts on the PK. He didn't play much last year and it shows.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:37 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
The way the refs are calling these games White would be in the box all night.
whites, subbans, marchants and lucics will be living there

Not a horrible game by any means tonight, neither team was great. Rask stole a few but we missed a lot of empty nets. A two minute momentum shift really killed us. Blame PK for being a cancer destroying the chemistry of the team with his black music on the headphones and move on.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:38 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Moen is far from the reason we lost tonight.. You should be expecting offense from your top players not a 4th line grinder. We scored one freakin goal tonight, and we're talking about Moen??? Sheesh
I don't get Moen as a player. He's not talented enough to play on the top lines, not a good enough fighter to be an enforcer, doesn't use his size nearly enough & lacks the skating ability to qualify as a energy player.

I am completely befuddled.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:45 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
I don't get Moen as a player. He's not talented enough to play on the top lines, not a good enough fighter to be an enforcer, doesn't use his size nearly enough & lacks the skating ability to qualify as a energy player.

I am completely befuddled.
He's excellent defensively, a great PK'er, generally gives a consistent effort and rarely makes mistakes on the ice. Even though I admit to being underwhelmed by him so far this year, it's not hard to see why coaches love him or what his role on a team is.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Burke the Legend

Habs outchanced Bs bigtime but missed them all, including multiple open nets. Bruins only needed 2 decent chances during a brief breakdown to bury it. Clutch night for them, choke night for Montreal, that's hockey, it happens.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:57 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He's excellent defensively, a great PK'er, generally gives a consistent effort and rarely makes mistakes on the ice. Even though I admit to being underwhelmed by him so far this year, it's not hard to see why coaches love him or what his role on a team is.
Who would you choose to bench? Armstrong or Moen?

Old
02-07-2013, 12:58 AM
FF de Mars

Our missed opportunities came back to bite us in the cul.

Closed Thread