HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Kopitar "Incidental Contact" with Steve Mason

Old
02-06-2013, 04:17 PM
mighty all the way

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Don't the Kings owe the Jackets one because of a clock malfunction last year? Could be thinking of the wrong teams though.
If you watch every single kings game at the end of the period the clok is ALWAYS either speeding up if they don't have the puck or slowing down. Last year I looked for this several times and that was always the case. Bunch of cheaters.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:27 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
If you watch every single kings game at the end of the period the clok is ALWAYS either speeding up if they don't have the puck or slowing down. Last year I looked for this several times and that was always the case. Bunch of cheaters.
wahhhhh what a bunch of crybabies.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
:

As for the actual call on the ice.

I'm biased towards Goalies as I am one and we are the superior hockey player race.

But yea, that was a goal.

Only reasons I could see it being waived off from the refs point of view are:

1. Kopitar was in the crease
2. There was very minor contact made prior to the save. I mean it was very minor and in the crease and really shouldn't have impacted masons save, but there was some...
3. From the angle point of the referee, it would seem as if contact was made enough to disrupt the goal. Especially since Mason lost his balance when he caught eye of the deflected puck.

I can see why it was waived off, but it was still the wrong call.
Good take, imo. Even if you are a weirdo goalie

It's like...I'm not happy with the call, but I understand it. That being said, Holmstrom would make sure the Wings are shut out every game this year if he were still playing.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:38 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Good take, imo. Even if you are a weirdo goalie

It's like...I'm not happy with the call, but I understand it. That being said, Holmstrom would make sure the Wings are shut out every game this year if he were still playing.
I'm sure the Wings already have enough issues winning games without having a bunch of goals waived off.

But yea, I can see why it was called, still the wrong call though.

Even if, it was no where near as bad as the Disallowed goal that was scored against MTL not too long ago. Hell, even Price was surprised.

They're really being touchy with goalies so far.

CoopALoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:45 PM
FishMonger

Strangely enough, Darryl Evans, Kings color radio commentator, said he was told by an official during intermission that it was no good because it was kicked in.

It was, but not by a King.

Bad bad bad call either way.

FishMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Cfriss216

Goal should have counted, goaltenders need to be able to be a little tougher and battle a bit. Mason sold the call by acting like contact was made to get him off balance. They need to nick this in the butt before goalies start basically diving to get calls to go their way. Not a fan of the new interference modifications also, I understand if the guy has you beat you cant rub him out of the play, but some of these calls are getting ridiculous. Just look at Despres's interference call last night against the Islanders. Defencemen cant do **** anymore

Cfriss216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:55 PM
chesed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak View Post
Jim Fox will almost always give the ref the benefit of the doubt. It actually gets kind of annoying sometimes. I'm a Homer and I want my announcers to be homers!
I feel the same sometimes. I really respect Fox's analysis and commentary, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But sometimes he speaks so highly of other team players (rightfully so) and seems so neutral. And in the moment, I'm like shut up I don't wanna hear it! Tell me why they suck! A double-edged sword for me.

chesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Duck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
Officiating this season is just makes me want to puke.

I don't understand why the league refuses to look at dangerous acts on the ice whenever a player is injured. They make a big deal about appointing Shanahan as the "injury czar" to police player's actions and then refuse to review an injury to a player. The league refused to review an injury to Cam Fowler by Jaret Stolle the other night despite the fact that Stolle grabbed Fowler's jersey and pushed him head first into the boards. The league refused to even look at the play.

Fowler went to the locker room and did not return. He missed the next game and may still be out of action, tonight.

Any comments from King's fans who are complaining about a possible missed call on Kopitar's non-goal..

Duck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
Goal should have counted, goaltenders need to be able to be a little tougher and battle a bit. Mason sold the call by acting like contact was made to get him off balance. They need to nick this in the butt before goalies start basically diving to get calls to go their way. Not a fan of the new interference modifications also, I understand if the guy has you beat you cant rub him out of the play, but some of these calls are getting ridiculous. Just look at Despres's interference call last night against the Islanders. Defencemen cant do **** anymore
Yeah, and the real problem is it's inconsistent from game to game; I mean, there were times in our game the other night where it was playoff levels of interference and no call, yet a stiff breeze gets a call some nights.

I have no doubt the refs will meet and review video soon for consistency's sake, but yeesh.

I like what you said about goaltenders toughening up, though. They will nearly always get the benefit of the doubt on a flop due to rules protecting goalies. I'm glad Quick is a strong dude and fights through it.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fan View Post
I don't understand why the league refuses to look at dangerous acts on the ice whenever a player is injured. They make a big deal about appointing Shanahan as the "injury czar" to police player's actions and then refuse to review an injury to a player. The league refused to review an injury to Cam Fowler by Jaret Stolle the other night despite the fact that Stolle grabbed Fowler's jersey and pushed him head first into the boards. The league refused to even look at the play.
Uhhh.......

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:22 PM
KuemperTantrum
Subby Dubby Doooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH4bs View Post

Those announcers were just brutal, holy crap..

KuemperTantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:27 PM
nwofoxhound

These league wide "interference" calls are hilarious! There have been a ton of legit goals that involved skates in the crease and much more contact than what we've seen here (other examples as well).

I think the biggest difference is the goalies themselves. Whether they flop or make it look believable / complain. I think that's what gets the attention of the refs, who mostly likely have been asked to call it closer for whatever reason.

What a fail. A review on these types of goals would be extremely helpful to us... and most of all, to the refs.

BTW I wasn't too disappointing with the call. (1) because we won the game (2) because we've been on the other side of this call a few times already.

nwofoxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Maybe if you work really hard at it you can get Lombardi charged in the JFK assassination.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

Bruuuuuutal. Leafs and Sens have been screwed by similar plays as well. Sometimes I really want to hurt NHL officials.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Martyros

Quote:
I believe I also saw Lombardi tip the time keeper at one point...

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote