HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Lose 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
That breakaway by Plex tonight was the worst I've seen since that horrible shootout attempt by Minnesota a few years back.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
I don't get Moen as a player. He's not talented enough to play on the top lines, not a good enough fighter to be an enforcer, doesn't use his size nearly enough & lacks the skating ability to qualify as a energy player.

I am completely befuddled.
The thing with Moen is he doesn't have that one special thing that he's best at. But he can do a bit of everything though. And that's an important quality to have on your bottom lines. He's not scared to defend his team mates, he can kill penalties, and time to time chips in a few. But his main job is to not be noticed out there. He also knows his role and is a good team guy.
Come playoff time you understand why a guy like Moen is on the team.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:05 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Who would you choose to bench? Armstrong or Moen?
Armstrong, no question.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He's excellent defensively, a great PK'er, generally gives a consistent effort and rarely makes mistakes on the ice. Even though I admit to being underwhelmed by him so far this year, it's not hard to see why coaches love him or what his role on a team is.
This too

Old
02-07-2013, 01:12 AM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
We have to practice "the last touch". We get to the net dozens of times every game but just can't seem to score in the rates we need to.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:19 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
We have to practice "the last touch". We get to the net dozens of times every game but just can't seem to score in the rates we need to.
I think we've been pretty opportunistic this season... tonight was just a big exception (or at least I hope lol)

Old
02-07-2013, 01:35 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Whole team looked bad, but we'll never ever beat Boston having Desharnais up against Krejci Bergeron or Seguin.
10 games, 9 points, +5, ~18-minute production rate, ~16:20 TOI.

Nice try.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:12 AM
DumFries

The Habs looked scared tonight. Eller and Subban were not.

They couldn't capitalize in the first. The Bruins were opportunistic and protected the lead with that Julien style trap. Cole was a big disappointment. Bourque missed way too many chances. In the third, the Habs were absent. That breakaway attempt from Plex was brutal.

McQuaid refused to drop the gloves with Prust. That made me laugh.

Last edited by DumFries: 02-07-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 02:33 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Whole team looked bad, but we'll never ever beat Boston having Desharnais up against Krejci Bergeron or Seguin.
It's Plekanec that looked like a fool in front of Krejci, not DD.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:42 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
10 games, 9 points, +5, ~18-minute production rate, ~16:20 TOI.

Nice try.
How many of those games did we lose? Thanks for proving my point

And

Nice try

Old
02-07-2013, 02:45 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
It's Plekanec that looked like a fool in front of Krejci, not DD.
I never said Plekanec looked good did I? But it is his first bad game out if 9. Desharnais is already at 7.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:55 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
How many of those games did we lose? Thanks for proving my point

And

Nice try
2011-2012

6 Bos/Mtl games

Desharnais: 1 g + 4 a = 5pts

Highest total of points from both teams

+ 4

Highest +/- of either team

Game winning goal, 27/10/2011

(one of Mtl's 2 wins)

Thanks for proving your irrational blind hatred for DD

Oh, and:

Nice try

Last edited by Bloumeister: 02-07-2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Nice try - smiley - shakehead - etc
Old
02-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
I never said Plekanec looked good did I? But it is his first bad game out if 9. Desharnais is already at 7.
Both Plekanec and Desharnais had no problems with their matchups tonight. Thing was that they had 3 scoring chances on Pleks and scored on 2 of them while his line had 5 and ended up with no goals. That's the way the puck bounces sometimes.

Likewise they had just 2 chances to score with Markov on the ice and converted on both. Sometimes you're doing fairly well but the bounces go against you.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:00 AM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumFries View Post
The Habs looked scared tonight. Eller and Subban were not.

They couldn't capitalize in the first. The Bruins were opportunistic and protected the lead with that Julien style trap. Cole was a big disappointment. Bourque missed way too many chances. In the third, the Habs were absent. That breakaway attempt from Plex was brutal.

McQuaid refused to drop the gloves with Prust. That made me laugh.

did'nt make me laugh. To lose a defenceman for 5 minutes and whats Habs losing??? Smart on Mcquaid!!

Old
02-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Both Plekanec and Desharnais had no problems with their matchups tonight. Thing was that they had 3 scoring chances on Pleks and scored on 2 of them while his line had 5 and ended up with no goals. That's the way the puck bounces sometimes.

Likewise they had just 2 chances to score with Markov on the ice and converted on both. Sometimes you're doing fairly well but the bounces go against you.
You're right, but that's not the way it works around here - especially after Habs lose.

Gotta play 'pin the donkey' and pull out the know-it-all agenda/vendetta, no sense in trying to shed actual light on what REALLY went down

Old
02-07-2013, 03:06 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
After the Eller and Pleks breakaways and the failed armstrong tap-in, I got really nervous.

Whitesnake called it better than anyone else when he said that the team that struggles to put in those easy chances, even when ahead, is in some deep ****.
I would think a team that has no chances created is the one that is in some major deep ****. Chances are always a good indication...Habs just now have to work on finishing next time they meet the Bruins.

No Marchand. No Thornton...should have been our win.
No excuses next time.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:12 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
2011-2012

6 Bos/Mtl games

Desharnais: 1 g + 4 a = 5pts

Highest total of points from both teams

+ 4

Highest +/- of either team

Game winning goal, 27/10/2011

(one of Mtl's 2 wins)

Thanks for proving your irrational blind hatred for DD

Oh, and:

Nice try
Last 5 games against the Bruins 0 wins with Desharnais centering "top line"

Please tell me how you expect to beat them in a 7 game series.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:13 AM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just don't agree. Rask was great in the 1st. We went sleeping for 2 freakin periods after that. An awful game based on the fact that we were the best team in the 1st and should have build on that for the rest of the game. This reminded me of the past years' teams when we tried...but if we didn't succeed fast, we gave up. We gave up tonight. Unacceptable.

Hey my friend. Hope as you read this short post that you and your family is in good health and with you the very best in 2013.

Yeah, I agree with your assessment of the game. Bruins were terrible in the 1st period but as the game went on, I thought they played better. All being said and outside this game, Whitesnake, was wondering what you thought of the so-called experts picking the Habs to finish anywhere from 13-15th place. I read several predictions and the best I seen on the Habs was 10th!! Geez, Im no expert but anyone who have any knowledge of our great sport at all know the return of your best defenceman improve your chances alot..thats just one move...Habs 6-3 start dont surprise me..what will surprise me is; if Markov stays healthy and they miss post-season..

Christ, I gotta get some zzzz's...All the berst my friend and hope to talk to you sometime!!

Old
02-07-2013, 03:30 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
Last 5 games against the Bruins 0 wins with Desharnais centering "top line"

Please tell me how you expect to beat them in a 7 game series.
Again, ridiculous argument. Take the 2011-2012 roster, and try to make one 'top line' with the players in hand.

For all instances and purposes, the best you can come up with will be Plekanec, Pacioretty and... whoever. DD, Cole, Gionta... Bourque?

Now try to compare this to the 29 other teams' 1st line.

Either you face the facts that the Habs' forward depth isn't exactly their strong suit (although that's changing), or you can keep on trolling and hating on Desharnais. Because we all know that he's the one single reason Habs are always losing, right? Take him out of the equation and Montréal suddenly, magically become Cup contenders, Mr. Junkie?

You're probably too young to get this, but:

You're tirades are getting boring. Sorry, I'll be hitting the sack now.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:35 AM
HabsCowboysOwn
Habs & Cowboys fan

Just after Armstrong showed us a great display of his hands of stone on the perfect Eller pass I had a feeling it would be one of these games.. The awkward Plekanec breakaway confirmed it soon enough. Total lack of finish tonight *It could have been 3/4-0 after two* but overall I honestly think we played better than them for the most part. If that Boston team is really a top one like almost everyone is saying, I'm pretty confident we can compete and win against anyone this year. They really didn't impressed me at all.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Again, ridiculous argument. Take the 2011-2012 roster, and try to make one 'top line' with the players in hand.

For all instances and purposes, the best you can come up with will be Plekanec, Pacioretty and... whoever. DD, Cole, Gionta... Bourque?

Now try to compare this to the 29 other teams' 1st line.

Either you face the facts that the Habs' forward depth isn't exactly their strong suit (although that's changing), or you can keep on trolling and hating on Desharnais. Because we all know that he's the one single reason Habs are always losing, right? Take him out of the equation and Montréal suddenly, magically become Cup contenders, Mr. Junkie?

You're probably too young to get this, but:

You're tirades are getting boring. Sorry, I'll be hitting the sack now.
My tirades? Ok there old man lolll

I agree with Desharnais out of the equation we are a cup contender. I have no problem going with Eller-Galchenyuk-Plekanec down the middle. I'm sure we'll be seeing that in a couple of months when Bergevin let's DD walk.

Good night to you

Old
02-07-2013, 04:44 AM
PricePkPatch

How **** overreaction Batman!

"We will never win anything with these centres"
"All our forwards are soft"
"Our veterans are useless"
"Tank time is drawing near"

(the latter is brought to you by our national balless and traitor, CoolasPrice)

Takes deep breath people, and think about it:

We outchanced the Bruins tonight. Count all the quality shots Rask had to be brilliant on, the number of breakaway and the number of missed open net.

Doesn't look like we got dominated that much to me. We surely didn't convert, cause life's a b*tch and you will roll a natural 1 once in a while.

But let me ask you: would you rather have a defeat where our boys had a chance to tie it up until the very end, with only freak chance preventing us to convert...

...or you'd rather go back to the victories where we were genuinely dominated for 60 minutes but Price stood on his head and saved our ass?

Considering the latter ended up 15th last year, and the former just let the *****ING FIRST PLACE escape from it's grasp because of a single goal...

I'll take the former.

Good game. Bad luck.

If you can't understand that, just go watch bowling.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Tuggy

Pretty blah game for me. Plenty of chances in the first to get ahead but Rask played well. Bruins were definitely better in the second and most of the 3rd. Habs really only showed life late in the 3rd and it was too late as Rask was up to the task again.

Not a terrible game but not a good one either. I think the game was there to be won because the Bruins didn't play their best either.

Getting tired of Cole out there...

Old
02-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
What hurts is the Habs should have went up 2-0 by the end of the period. Also, firing 11 pucks on net in the 1st and then only registering 10 shots in the next two periods combined, you won't win too many hockey games doing that.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
02-07-2013, 07:11 AM
charlie

What the hell happened to Pleks on that breakaway..........That was embarrasing. All I could do was put my head down and think of what I could do with 5 million a year.

Closed Thread