HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs listening on Kessel?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 AM
  #151
TorontoTrades
Registered User
 
TorontoTrades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
I'll try my hand at some proposals:

WASH sends:
Johansson
Carlson
1st

TOR sends:
Kessel
mid-prospect


LA sends:
Richards
Bernier

TOR sends:
Kessel
Scrivens
2nd


no comments on either? tweaks?

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 AM
  #152
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
How many people are going to post: " TEAM will give two 1sts and a 2nd " like its even remotely funny. I hate people.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 AM
  #153
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
So a single 37 goals season up against two 50 goals seasons, multiple 40 goals and 30 goals seasons. You're making a point, buddy.
Make a point you say? 466 games vs 788. One is 30, the other is 25. Of course, you chose not to mention that.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:55 AM
  #154
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !
 
Vsevolod Bobrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
no comments on either? tweaks?
lol theyre both horrible

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:55 AM
  #155
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Malkin plays on the second line, is he a second liner? Gaborik started the year on the second line in New York
I guess but I really don't think you can get the most out of Kessel.

I understand Vancouver needs some offence but I dont think you truly understand how precarious a line with Kessel really is.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:55 AM
  #156
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
no comments on either? tweaks?
Both of those were posted before you made your post. A+ for creativity though!!!

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:56 AM
  #157
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
A lot of people are over rating Phil Kessel. There is no doubt he is extremely talented. But he is no defensive guru, and doesnt hit or fight. If he aint scoring, hes doing squat.

Many fans do not take the entirety of a team concept into consideration. And Kessel is doing the best he can with what he has, but is NOT that good of a player. He is a first line winger. He is no super star , nor is he a future hall of famer . Hes not going to win the Rocket Richard nor the Art ross or the Hart trophy.

While the argument is he was 'doing so well on a lousy team' ......... it is just as valid that he looks GOOD compared to the rest of his team and gets all the juicy ice time and power play opportunities.

If he played in Boston, Julien would have him doghoused for being lazy and he would get second line minutes and would sulk his way to 50 point seasons.

So lets not get carried away with his value just because hes the biggest bargaining chip you got and gave way too much up to get him.

Just ask the Kings. They drafted Bernier 11th overall , and they are hell bent on refusing to trade him until they get same kind of return to make up for it and the guy is growing old on the bench .

How some people think Kessel is worth MORE than a Mike Richards is insane. There is no way the kings give that up .

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:57 AM
  #158
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
To Montreal: Phil "The Thrill" Kessel, 1st round pick.

To Toronto: Alexey Galchenikov

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:57 AM
  #159
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 36,038
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I guess but I really don't think you can get the most out of Kessel.

I understand Vancouver needs some offence but I dont think you truly understand how precarious a line with Kessel really is.
It could really help him to be surrounded by competent defensive players (Lupul and Bozak aren't exactly know to be good enough to cover him)

Linden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:58 AM
  #160
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Gaunce would be your best C prospect, though. Corrado is our only D prospect likely to make the NHL imo. I don't see us trading him any time soon. The Leafs have Rielly, Finn, Percy, Blacker, Holzer, etc. Corrado is way more valuable to us then he would be to the Leafs.
Sorry but Gaunce and another late first rounder doesnt interest me to go with a potential starting goalie. We need sure things here in Toronto. Talent.

You are getting a sure thing in Kessel which is elite NHL offence.

We will need sure things back in return.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:58 AM
  #161
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Something around Gaborik+?

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:59 AM
  #162
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
no comments on either? tweaks?
Brian Burke isnt managing the Capitals.

That 1st isnt going anywhere

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:00 AM
  #163
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
A lot of people are over rating Phil Kessel. There is no doubt he is extremely talented. But he is no defensive guru, and doesnt hit or fight. If he aint scoring, hes doing squat.

Many fans do not take the entirety of a team concept into consideration. And Kessel is doing the best he can with what he has, but is NOT that good of a player. He is a first line winger. He is no super star , nor is he a future hall of famer . Hes not going to win the Rocket Richard nor the Art ross or the Hart trophy.

While the argument is he was 'doing so well on a lousy team' ......... it is just as valid that he looks GOOD compared to the rest of his team and gets all the juicy ice time and power play opportunities.

If he played in Boston, Julien would have him doghoused for being lazy and he would get second line minutes and would sulk his way to 50 point seasons.

So lets not get carried away with his value just because hes the biggest bargaining chip you got and gave way too much up to get him.

Just ask the Kings. They drafted Bernier 11th overall , and they are hell bent on refusing to trade him until they get same kind of return to make up for it and the guy is growing old on the bench .

How some people think Kessel is worth MORE than a Mike Richards is insane. There is no way the kings give that up .
People over-rate Kessel then you say it's because he doesn't fight? what? Apparently top 10 scores are a dime a dozen. Just ignore his 82 points, he's not good defensively! what a ridiculous argument. People enjoy crapping on players around here it's unbelievable.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:00 AM
  #164
TorontoTrades
Registered User
 
TorontoTrades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Staal View Post
Something around Gaborik+?

if they move Kessel it won't be for a goal scoring winger.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:00 AM
  #165
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 36,038
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Sorry but Gaunce and another late first rounder doesnt interest me to go with a potential starting goalie. We need sure things here in Toronto. Talent.

You are getting a sure thing in Kessel which is elite NHL offence.

We will need sure things back in return.
You would prefer Corrado?

Linden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:00 AM
  #166
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
There are rumblings that Nonis and Burke differed on their opinion on Kessel moving forward. That Kessel is "Burke's guy", not Nonis'.

If he's dealt, I'd like an established piece back. Quality, not quantity.
No no no I think its time for the Leafs to get shafted after shafting

Calgary in the Phaneuf deal we got Quantity over quality...

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:01 AM
  #167
Volcanologist
Habitual User
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 19,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Sorry but Gaunce and another late first rounder doesnt interest me to go with a potential starting goalie. We need sure things here in Toronto. Talent.

You are getting a sure thing in Kessel which is elite NHL offence.

We will need sure things back in return.
Gee, you really think a 1-dimensional complimentary player like Kessel who sinks a line is worth sure thing talent?

Quite the narrative you're spinning.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:01 AM
  #168
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
People over-rate Kessel then you say it's because he doesn't fight? what? Apparently top 10 scores are a dime a dozen. Just ignore his 82 points, he's not good defensively! what a ridiculous argument. People enjoy crapping on players around here it's unbelievable.
Well if you look at the numbers seriously.

Kessel and his linemates scored less goals than they allowed in their own end.

Kulemin and his linemates didn't have that problem, though.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:03 AM
  #169
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,763
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Sorry but Gaunce and another late first rounder doesnt interest me to go with a potential starting goalie. We need sure things here in Toronto. Talent.

You are getting a sure thing in Kessel which is elite NHL offence.

We will need sure things back in return.
Gaunce is definitely a surer bet than Corrado, though. I think Gaunce holds more value, and that most Leafs fans would prefer him as well.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:03 AM
  #170
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
You would prefer Corrado?
Yes. Schneider, Corrado, and a 1st is an interesting offer. Not a ridiculous offer though. I'm sure there would be others like it too around the league.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:03 AM
  #171
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I would put Kassian on the second line with Kesler and Kessel, he would make a nice playmaker with them.
So what do you do with Booth? You put Burrows back with Sedins? Giving too much up for Kessel, and not to mention cap problems trying to resign him. Basically Booth is gone if Kessel comes so do you think that subtracting

-Booth
-Schneider
-Gaunce
-1st

is worth adding Kessel

+Kessel

I'm not convinced that much value is worth an upgrade over Booth.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:05 AM
  #172
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,763
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
So what do you do with Booth? You put Burrows back with Sedins? Giving too much up for Kessel, and not to mention cap problems trying to resign him. Basically Booth is gone if Kessel comes so do you think that subtracting

-Booth
-Schneider
-Gaunce
-1st

is worth adding Kessel

+Kessel

I'm not convinced that much value is worth an upgrade over Booth.
We could probably move Booth for a late 1st/early 2nd at the draft, though. And we'd have him for this year's cup run as well.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:05 AM
  #173
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Well if you look at the numbers seriously.

Kessel and his linemates scored less goals than they allowed in their own end.

Kulemin and his linemates didn't have that problem, though.
The team has also been dead last in GA for a while now. The goaltending hasn't been helping.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:05 AM
  #174
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Gaunce is definitely a surer bet than Corrado, though. I think Gaunce holds more value, and that most Leafs fans would prefer him as well.
Maybe they do but I do not. I have seen both play.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:06 AM
  #175
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
The team has also been dead last in GA for a while now. The goaltending hasn't been helping.
Kulemin's line plays in front of the same defence and goaltending

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.