HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 11:28 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I would go through this thread but I prefer not to have to bang my head repeatedly against the wall. But it has been offered.

Harrington + 1st isn't bad. If that 1st is a non playoff 1st. Or even 15ish range
If it has been mad (I don`t remember it, but likewise do not feel like re-reading the whole thing), then it was likely made to "prove" a point about how little that person thought of Kulemin. I agree it isn`t good.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:30 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I honestly do not understand why this has to be so ****ing aggressive on both sides. Kennedy + 3rd or B prospects have not been the offers at all. Not even close.

No one is forcing Kennedy on you, he was included in a frigging Harrington+1st deal to clear a roster spot. Taking him off that deal, if you feel he has negative value to you, is the easiest thing in the world.

If you donīt want futures, that is okay, we will have to accept that, but it seriously feels like some are so set on getting mad, that they make ludicrous offers up in their heads now.
You seem a little tense man. Sit down, relax, have a beer, and take your mind off all these theoretical trade proposals on ice hockey forums. It'll do wonders for you.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:37 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLblue75 View Post
You seem a little tense man. Sit down, relax, have a beer, and take your mind off all these theoretical trade proposals on ice hockey forums. It'll do wonders for you.
i wonder why you're not making the same suggestion to posters in here who are doing their darnedest to convince Pens fans that Kulemin is still a 30-goal player who's worth their best prospect(s) and a 1st round pick.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:37 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLblue75 View Post
Don`t ruin the nice vibe we had going after your apology.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:39 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Don`t ruin the nice vibe we had going after your apology.
i'm trying to help you out here man

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
i wonder why you're not making the same suggestion to posters in here who are doing their darnedest to convince Pens fans that Kulemin is still a 30-goal player who's worth their best prospect(s) and a 1st round pick.
couldn't care less. don't quote me again

Old
02-06-2013, 11:40 PM
gordie

Kulemin is no difference maker in terms of a team winning the cup or not winning it and that's why he only makes $2.8 million. He's no Marian Hossa.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Who says he's still not a 30 goal scorer? We may seem crazy for believing he's still capable of that but it's just as crazy to believe he's a 7 goal scorer.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
Kulemin is no difference maker in terms of a team winning the cup or not winning it and that's why he only makes $2.8 million. He's no Marian Hossa.
No facepalm is big enough for this post.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
No one is trying to convince you that Kulemin is still a 30-goal player. However, there is a reason that no Leaf fans want to trade him.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:49 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
No one is trying to convince you that Kulemin is still a 30-goal player. However, there is a reason that no Leaf fans want to trade him.
i understand that, and i'm not doubting your sincerity on that front, but when they justify his value by saying "he once scored 30 goals in a season", then act surprised when people bring up his lack of scoring over the last few years, it comes off as silly.

i know not all Leafs fans are doing that, though. some are pointing out the REAL qualities that give him value (solid defense, good work ethic, grittiness along the boards). for that, i understand where Leafs fans are coming from, because that would be a reason not to trade someone.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:51 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Who says he's still not a 30 goal scorer? We may seem crazy for believing he's still capable of that but it's just as crazy to believe he's a 7 goal scorer.
i never suggested he's just a 7-goal scorer, i just suggested that it's silly to base his value on the fact that he had one 30-goal season and has struggled offensively since then.

now, if you said the Leafs shouldn't trade him because he's the hardest worker on the team who busts his ass every game (which was a point many Leafs fans actually brought up in addition to the 30-goal bit), i'd agree with you. that would be a good reason not to trade a player whose offensive value is at a low point.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:58 PM
DougGilmour93

Kule

for

Tangradi + Maata + 1st in 2013

Old
02-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
i never suggested he's just a 7-goal scorer, i just suggested that it's silly to base his value on the fact that he had one 30-goal season and has struggled offensively since then.

now, if you said the Leafs shouldn't trade him because he's the hardest worker on the team who busts his ass every game (which was a point many Leafs fans actually brought up in addition to the 30-goal bit), i'd agree with you. that would be a good reason not to trade a player whose offensive value is at a low point.
The majority of Leafs fans still see a 25 goal,50 point, top 6 two-way forward who throws hits and is great defensively. He's by far the teams best overall player. Even if the Leafs are "blown up" he's one of the few we'd like to keep. Hell, outside of Rielly,Kulemin,Gardiner,Kadri,Frattin,JVR and maybe a few other prospects, pretty much anyone can be had for IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if any of Phaneuf,Kessel,Lupul,Grabovski,MacAthur,Liles etc were dealt. The Leafs don't need depth, there's plenty of that already in the organization, they need quality which is why guys like Tangradi and Kennedy don't help all that much. Not bad players, not great either. Guys you can usually sign in the open market. Picks after the first round sound all sexy around these parts but any educated fan knows that even second and third rounders take 4 or 5 years to be ready which doesn't exactly help ina rebuild that won't last long, likely only 2 years. My point is, the Leafs need first rounders and high quality prospects.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:04 AM
DuklaNation

Kennedy? LOL.

Pens are deep in dman prospects. Something along those lines could work for Kulemin.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
Kennedy? LOL.

Pens are deep in dman prospects. Something along those lines could work for Kulemin.
Leafs have enough of them, at least that's what they're saying, I'm not going to argue it, they know more about their team than I do.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Christ

I don't think the Pens have anything that they would want to give TO in a Kulimen deal. Toronto is not in a hurry to move him as he is the kind of player we need more of. If you could upgrade our first line center position it would be another matter but since Crosby and Malkin are obviously going nowhere I don't think Pittsburgh has anything the Leafs need. He will not be moved for picks/prospects like some Toronto players might be available for.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Omnomnomnom

1st + Kennedy?

Old
02-07-2013, 12:12 AM
tacoburrito

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnomnomnom View Post
1st + Kennedy?
leafs shouldnt want any part of kennedy and hopefully dont

Old
02-07-2013, 12:12 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

I'm glad hockey is back and in full force.

These boards were less interesting during the lockout.

Hail to the NHL. Hail to arguing!

Old
02-07-2013, 12:30 AM
ponder

Our needs are a #1 goalie and a #1 centre. Obviously Crosby, Malkin and Fleury are all completely and utterly off the table, so I don't really see a deal here.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Bomber0104

Give us Orpik or Kunitz

Old
02-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Kulemin's size is probably one of the reasons we've won 5 games this year.

Obviously, the offensive production hasn't been there, but we don't have anyone to replace him.

One could reasonably conclude that the Pens would value Kulemin greater than the Leafs because of his chemistry with Malkin, but that value isn't some defensive prospect with absolutely no hope of playing a top 4 role in the NHL this year or next.

Realistically, if a team wants Kulemin, they're going to have to give up something valuable off their roster. The only deal to be made here is a hockey trade, not a futures deal. Brandon Sutter is somebody that might get the conversation going, as would Simon Despres, but when you dive deeper, there certainly doesn't seem to be a deal here.

If the Leafs were to trade Kulemin, they'd be looking for a player exactly like him.... maybe a deal along the lines of Kulemin + Holzer for Despres + Kennedy... but I suspect Pens fans wouldn't be too happy with that deal, and even though Despres is 6'4, he may not be suited to a defensive core where Gardiner & Rielly are a huge part of the plan.
Done and Done! Have been a fan of Holzer for a while, and am happy to see that he's finally (kinda) getting a shot. I'd love to see him on our blueline.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Old
02-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Can I just ask you what kind of point you see in Holzer in this deal? Is it just clearing a roster spot/contract for the Leafs or do you think he has any sort of actual worth to the Pens?

Not trying to be negative, honestly asking.
Holzer is a promising defensive D with size who play's the body. I'd absolutely love to have him on the team. If Shero can move out Despres (who I really like) and get Kulemin and a young almost ready NHL D in return (who plays a style we're lacking), why not!?

That also saves Niskanen, Maatta & the 1st, 2nd to go after Crosby's winger... it's basically a win win.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 AM
HockeyFanMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Our needs are a #1 goalie and a #1 centre. Obviously Crosby, Malkin and Fleury are all completely and utterly off the table, so I don't really see a deal here.
This is a completely correct statement above. Kule is going nowhere unless he's packaged to aquire one of the above positions. Altho right now i may switch the #1 goalie for a #1 shutdown D.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:28 AM
ShortSideFlick

Maatta or Bennett + 1st seemed to be acceptable to many leaf fans

Maatta or Bennett + 2nd seemed to be acceptable to many pens fans

Therefore,

Maatta or Bennett + 1st (~24-30) + 2nd (~54-60)

for

Kulemin + 2nd (~30-40)

yay or nay?

Addition: I'm a leaf fan and don't want to give Kulemin up for die rolls either, but if him and malkin are BFFs like everyone says combined with Pitts being a contender he's probably going to sign with the pens in two seasons anyway. We're not contending this year or next so we might as well get some value for him and the pens get the Kuli+Malkin combo for 2 extra "win now" playoff runs so worth it to trade rather than wait for him to be ufa.

I'd much rather something around morrow though...

Last edited by ShortSideFlick: 02-07-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Closed Thread