HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Because he just got traded for a 5th round pick and you want to compare him to our newest first round pick? That right there should raise a red flag. Matteau will ultimately develop into a better all around player and I'm not wasting my time to explain or justify myself.
To be honest, Loki got traded for a 5th rounder because he publicly asked for a trade, giving buyers the upper hand, a pending RFA and also because he could be a KHLer just in a few months.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:23 AM
frankiedue
IT'S OVER!!!

Quote:
Because he just got traded for a 5th round pick and you want to compare him to our newest first round pick? That right there should raise a red flag. Matteau will ultimately develop into a better all around player and I'm not wasting my time to explain or justify myself.
I agree with Eggers. Just because he got traded for a 5th round pick means his upside is lower than Matteau's??? Remember, Loktionov has lost almost all value because it is believed he will sign with the KHL after this season is over. He is also having a "down" year in the AHL compared to previous years (only 22 points in 37 games).

What can we really hope for Matteau in his prime years? A physical 2nd/3rd liner who can score 15-18 goals?

The scouting reports on Loktionov talk about 1st line potential. He scored almost a point per game pace as a 19 year old in the AHL. So he couldn't crack the lineup of a Stanley Cup team who is stacked down the middle. That means his upside is lower than that of a 2nd/3rd liner?

None of us really know what will happen with these players, but as a prospect analysis, you have to say Loktionov has higher upside than Matteau.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:26 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
No, of course not. That's ridiculous. Are you even trying? I'm not sure why this is getting you so flustered.

But yes, of course. Corrente playing fourth line forward as a defensemen 3 years ago makes him our best defensive prospect right now. Nailed it.
Same argument you used. If he was trusted in playoff games he's good in your books. What's wrong, don't like it when your argument gets used against you?

Old
02-07-2013, 01:28 AM
frankiedue
IT'S OVER!!!

Quote:
Same argument you used. If he was trusted in playoff games he's good in your books. What's wrong, don't like it when your argument gets used against you?
This is afterall the HFBoards. If you look at the HF ratings, Loktionov has a 7.5C, Matteau a 7.0C.

Not saying that HF rankings are gospel, but we're not really going against the grain saying Loktionov has higher upside than Matteau.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:30 AM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Id join the argument

but in my current state, the word **** and ***** would be used about 42 times a sentence

Old
02-07-2013, 01:33 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choralone View Post
Howdy - King's fan here. FYI, Loktionov's nickname from his teammates in the minors was "Jimmy Neutron" because of his genius hockey IQ.

Kings fans are fatalistic about giving away another young forward with potential for a song and dance. Matt Moulson, Teddy Purcell, Brian Boyle - they've all gone on to have successful NHL careers with other teams. With that record, we figure NJ is the newest team to benefit.
Believe this is wrong. First, he got that nickname in Windsor, not Manchester. Second, I believe he got it because his teammates thought he looked like him. Also, I hate the nickname Loki. It's Lokti.

One thing I didn't say about Andrei before - he absolutely ****ing LOVES this game. If he scores for you, you will see an absolutely giant smile on his face. Whenever I've seen him, he's smiling and laughing. You can just tell he has a passion for the game. Also met him in Calgary a few years back. A little under half the team came over to sign autographs after a morning skate and he was one of them, despite having poor English. He stopped and took a photo with me as well. Was awesome. Great lockerroom guy (if you speak Russian).

Also, since you guys got a steal on Lokti, can you guys now do us a favor and take one of/both Penner and Stoll? PLEASE?!

Old
02-07-2013, 01:34 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiedue View Post
This is afterall the HFBoards. If you look at the HF ratings, Loktionov has a 7.5C, Matteau a 7.0C.

Not saying that HF rankings are gospel, but we're not really going against the grain saying Loktionov has higher upside than Matteau.
Well ****, there goes my argument. Sorry guys!

Old
02-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Believe this is wrong. First, he got that nickname in Windsor, not Manchester. Second, I believe he got it because his teammates thought he looked like him. Also, I hate the nickname Loki. It's Lokti.

One thing I didn't say about Andrei before - he absolutely ****ing LOVES this game. If he scores for you, you will see an absolutely giant smile on his face. Whenever I've seen him, he's smiling and laughing. You can just tell he has a passion for the game. Also met him in Calgary a few years back. A little under half the team came over to sign autographs after a morning skate and he was one of them, despite having poor English. He stopped and took a photo with me as well. Was awesome. Great lockerroom guy (if you speak Russian).

Also, since you guys got a steal on Lokti, can you guys now do us a favor and take one of/both Penner and Stoll? PLEASE?!
Well we are the diner capital of the world so we could try and lure Penner here for you with heaps and heaps of pancakes.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:48 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Well we are the diner capital of the world so we could try and lure Penner here for you with heaps and heaps of pancakes.
You can have him. No trade backs. Seriously. We'll take future considerations and consider ourselves lucky.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
You can have him. No trade backs. Seriously. We'll take future considerations and consider ourselves lucky.
You guys really want Penner out of there huh? I wouldn't mind him here. Has he been a healthy scratch for you guys? Seems like a Lou deal if he's interested. Lou, and Lombardi seem to be willing to do business together. I thought maybe they had a falling out, but the interviews during the SCF it seems not.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:08 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
You guys really want Penner out of there huh? I wouldn't mind him here. Has he been a healthy scratch for you guys? Seems like a Lou deal if he's interested. Lou, and Lombardi seem to be willing to do business together. I thought maybe they had a falling out, but the interviews during the SCF it seems not.
First game of the year he looked great. Really physical, moving his feet, and those two make chances for him. Then the last game he played he took a few absolutely boneheaded penalties and turnovers and was awful. Please take Penner and Stoll. I wanted both gone this offseason but of course they were both brought back. Really the ONLY reason Penner was was because we won the Cup and our team is incredibly tight. He's done nothing for us outside of that cup run.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:11 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
First game of the year he looked great. Really physical, moving his feet, and those two make chances for him. Then the last game he played he took a few absolutely boneheaded penalties and turnovers and was awful. Please take Penner and Stoll. I wanted both gone this offseason but of course they were both brought back. Really the ONLY reason Penner was was because we won the Cup and our team is incredibly tight. He's done nothing for us outside of that cup run.
Maybe he could benefit from a change of scenery? Penalties, and turnovers are something we're having a hard time with right now!

There was a rumor we were in on Stoll last season sometime.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:33 AM
FirmestPiano

No comments from Lou on the trade and player we're getting?

typical Lou. Hopefully today, would be interesting to hear his reasoning/thought for trading for Loktionov.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:01 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
And people around here actually wanted to pay for him.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:58 AM
JimEIV

Can anybody name a player/prospect that was described as "top 6 or bust" that has become a useful NHL player with any type of prolonged career?

I'm sure there must be a couple? But I really can't think of one?

That definition is usually reserved for players that can't do anything particularly well but has a slickness to their game....problem is that slickness almost never translates well to the drudgery of an NHL game.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:23 AM
dougiebrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
Can anybody name a player/prospect that was described as "top 6 or bust" that has become a useful NHL player with any type of prolonged career?

That definition is usually reserved for players that can't do anything particularly well but has a slickness to their game....problem is that slickness almost never translates well to the drudgery of an NHL game.
Bobby Carpenter
Radek Bonk

Old
02-07-2013, 08:02 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post

Ilya Kovalchuk

Old
02-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiebrown View Post
Bobby Carpenter
Radek Bonk
Bobby Carpenter jumped from high school. I don't think he counts as a top 6 or bust. That dude was a player.

Radek Bonk, now you might have an argument on your hands.

As for this trade, it's a fantastic deal for both teams. And potentially a very small thanks for the Cup from Dean to Lou. It's a mostly fair trade, but leaning towards the Devils if you ask me.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:12 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiebrown View Post
Bobby Carpenter
Radek Bonk
Carpenter? A big two way centerman? He was never labled as top 6 or bust....matter of fact "the can't miss kid" was the epitome of the opposite.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:16 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

i believe i speak only for myself when i say "meh"

Old
02-07-2013, 08:17 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Ilya Kovalchuk
Oh, you went there.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Cowbell232

The more I'm reading about him this morning, I think he's going to see Kovalchuk a lot on his double shifts. Could work out well in the right situation. (5v5 offensive zone draws)

Old
02-07-2013, 08:31 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i believe i speak only for myself when i say "meh"
You really have high standards

- Kovy not scoring when we're winning games
- Us getting a promising "prospect" for a 5th (aka PL3 type of return)
- Yadayada

Old
02-07-2013, 08:45 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
You really have high standards

- Kovy not scoring when we're winning games
- Us getting a promising "prospect" for a 5th (aka PL3 type of return)
- Yadayada
- our first line not scoring while we're 1 game over .500

-typical low risk high reward move, but i dont think lou's done dealing and im going to reserve judgement until i hear from Lou on this trade and its implications

not sure if i have high standards or tunnel vision

Old
02-07-2013, 08:46 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Ilya Kovalchuk
A first overall pick? Nahhh...But look at this quote from his draft year

When asked what makes him so productive, Kovalchuk said: "I simply do not know what fear is while being on the ice. Hockey should be played only by real men, shouldn't it? If you want to be safe then do not step onto the ice. If you play this game then be ready to fight!"

Full Article - http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...-kovalchuk.htm

Closed Thread