HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Washington - Anaheim

Old
02-06-2013, 09:27 PM
MW6

vCash: 500
Washington - Anaheim

I think Anaheim would be a good fit for Ovechkin, and let me explain why!

- It might make Getzlaf and Perry want to re-sign more likely (and form one he** of a line) as it signals that the franchise is going for it.

- It would be great for the franchise from a commercial view, help their attendance average to rise from last years 14760 (86 % of maximum, 5th lowest avg. in the league) and also increase all souvenir sales, which both would maybe help rise the internal budget.

- They have the capspace.

- Boudreau coached Ovechkin during his best years (so far). And they're playing the system where had the most success.

- They have a deep prospect pool with many nhl-ready players coming up to replace the package sent away (which also means they're on cheaper contracts so it doesn't effect the budget as much).

- Ovechkin could use a change of scenery, to somewhere he doesn't have to be the captain and carry the team all the time and be able to focus solely on playing.

- Playing with two physical and skilled players is IMO exactly what he and his production needs, especially with a right shooting Center (who easier can feed him the puck on the left wing).

- Playing on a line with another goalscorer would open up more space for either him or Perry. It would also make him not have to carry the puck up ice all the time.

Anaheim has committed 3 yrs to both Souray and Allen which means that they have 5 veteran defenders with Beauchemin, Fowler and Lydman (him being to only one not signed through 14-15). The also have Lindholm and Vatanen close to NHL-ready to make up for losing Sbisa (getting to that part soon).

So if the Caps trade Ovechkin and Hamrlik (and withheld $2M of Hamrlik's salary), who's UFA after the season to gap if neither of Lindholm/Vatanen is ready.

For

Ryan (5,1M) + Sbisa (2,175M) + prospect + pick?

This season Ducks would be adding <$4M to their cap this season, and $2,25M after this.

Is the basis for this trade way off?

Last edited by MW6: 02-06-2013 at 09:33 PM.
MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Do people realistically think Washtington will trade Ovechkin when his value is at its lowest?

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:32 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I think Anaheim would be a good fit for Ovechkin, and let me explain why!

It might make Getzlaf and Perry want to re-sign more likely (and form one he** of a line) as it signals that the franchise is going for it.
It would be great for the franchise from a commercial view, help their attendance average to rise from last years 14760 (86 % of maximum, 5th lowest avg. in the league) and also increase all souvenir sales, which both would maybe help rise the internal budget.
They have the capspace.
Boudreau coached Ovechkin during his best years (so far). And they're playing the system where had the most success.
They have a deep prospect pool with many nhl-ready players coming up to replace the package sent away (which also means they're on cheaper contracts so it doesn't effect the budget as much).
Ovechkin could use a change of scenery, to somewhere he doesn't have to be the captain and carry the team all the time and be able to focus solely on playing.
Playing with two physical and skilled players is IMO exactly what he and his production needs, especially with a right shooting Center (who easier can feed him the puck on the left wing).
Playing on a line with another goalscorer would open up more space for either him or Perry. It would also make him not have to carry the puck up ice all the time.

Anaheim has committed 3 yrs to both Souray and Allen which means that they have 5 veterans with Beauchemin, Fowler and Lydman (him being to only one not signed through 14-15). The also have Lindholm and Vatanen close to NHL-ready.

So if the Caps trade Ovechkin and Hamrlik (and withheld $2M of Hamrlik's salary), who's UFA after the season to gap if neither of Lindholm/Vatanen is ready.

For

Ryan (5,1M) + Sbisa (2,175M) + prospect + pick?

This season Ducks would be adding <$4M to their cap, and after this $2,25M.

Is the basis for this trade way off?
Currently OVi and Ryan are playing at a similar level or play. They are downgrading their defense. Adding Ovi also put Perry out of the Ducks price range and possibly Getzlaf.

BTW I realize Ovi is the more talented player by far but he also makes about 4 million more a season and is putting up comparable production.

Also I doubt the Caps have any interest in trading Ovi.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Exit Dose

We won't touch that contract, and judging by some comments he made at our open house, it doesn't sound like Boudreau would sign off on bringing Ovie in.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:58 PM
mightyquack
Boll 2 hit superstar

Don't want that Ovie contract near Anaheim.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:43 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Don't want that Ovie contract near Anaheim.
this. god that contract is awful.

if the caps are going to eat any contract they have to eat part of ovechkin's contract.
try 3m off that contract for us to touch it

ryan's on a sweet deal as is sbisa. no thank you

also to OP. we aren't a cap team, we'll always have a bunch of extra cap space because we have an internal budget. hence why we are definitely not going near ovechkins contract

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:14 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

Nah, we don't need Ovechkin trying to get Bruce fired again.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Getz2perry

no thanks... i like sbisa ryan our pick and our prospect.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Gliff
Salty

vCash: 1075
Love Ovi. Hate that contract.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:00 AM
HanSolo
RIP, Leia

vCash: 68
Never thought I'd say no to adding such a big name like Ovechkin, but no way. Were he signed to a different contract and if we had a different coach, I'd say yes. But given the circumstances, it's an unwavering no. Not really sure I'd want him here for free. Forgot to add him in the star players you wouldn't want on your team. I just see it as a trainwreck waiting to happen. Him adapting to the Western style of play might be a negative as well.

HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote