HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jersey help

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2013, 05:53 AM
  #1
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Jersey help

Bruins fan popping in here real quick, looking for some help.

Do the Hurricanes sell pre-customized authentic jerseys at the arena? I don't want to go through the NHL shop because their customization isn't the best and I am in a bit of a time crunch, otherwise I would order a blank one and send it off to be customized. I am looking for a Tim Gleason jersey in either the home or the third, size 58/60. If anyone could help me out, that would be great and make my wedding reception that much better.

Emerald City Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:58 AM
  #2
Guy
Registered User
 
Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,837
vCash: 500
They definitely have pre-customized replica "premier" versions in the Eye store, but I don't think they have the authentics pre-customized. They sell a few blank authentics in the main store, but I think they are a very low traffic item as most folks go for the cheaper version.

Your best bet is to check out the jersey only store that's open during a game as they might have them, or to call the Eye directly and ask them about it. I'm sure somebody would be willing to walk around the concourse to the gameday jersey store if you're looking to buy something.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
  #3
Beardy*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald City Bruin View Post
Bruins fan popping in here real quick, looking for some help.

Do the Hurricanes sell pre-customized authentic jerseys at the arena? I don't want to go through the NHL shop because their customization isn't the best and I am in a bit of a time crunch, otherwise I would order a blank one and send it off to be customized. I am looking for a Tim Gleason jersey in either the home or the third, size 58/60. If anyone could help me out, that would be great and make my wedding reception that much better.
They do, but its kind of rare to find them.

They don't sell very well, and really only flew off the shelves during the 50% sale earlier. Most are blank on the back and you'll need to send it off to get name/numbered. Usually takes about 3-4 weeks before you get it back.

Beardy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:54 AM
  #4
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
They do, but its kind of rare to find them.

They don't sell very well, and really only flew off the shelves during the 50% sale earlier. Most are blank on the back and you'll need to send it off to get name/numbered. Usually takes about 3-4 weeks before you get it back.
I guess 3-4 weeks isn't too bad. I just need it in time for my wedding in the first week of April. Is the 50% off sale not going on anymore? Do STH get any kind of discount? I'd be happy to pay for shipping for a blank and a little extra for the effort if someone would be willing to buy one for me (assuming it's cheaper than the stores online).

Does anyone know who the official customizer of the Hurricanes is?

Emerald City Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:39 AM
  #5
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald City Bruin View Post
I guess 3-4 weeks isn't too bad. I just need it in time for my wedding in the first week of April. Is the 50% off sale not going on anymore? Do STH get any kind of discount? I'd be happy to pay for shipping for a blank and a little extra for the effort if someone would be willing to buy one for me (assuming it's cheaper than the stores online).

Does anyone know who the official customizer of the Hurricanes is?
Exclusive Pro Sports

http://exclusivepro.com/

garnetpalmetto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:40 AM
  #6
Beardy*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Exclusive Pro Sports

http://exclusivepro.com/
They're also the game company who does the names and numbers for all the jerseys the team actually wears on the ice, so you're going to get a very good product. They can also number all older version of the jerseys except for the original Starters. Those have a double layering they have mangled too many times in the past, but everything else is good to go.

Unfortunately the 50% deal ended with the Buffalo home game back in January, so you'll have to pay full retail.

Beardy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:39 AM
  #7
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
They're also the game company who does the names and numbers for all the jerseys the team actually wears on the ice, so you're going to get a very good product. They can also number all older version of the jerseys except for the original Starters. Those have a double layering they have mangled too many times in the past, but everything else is good to go.

Unfortunately the 50% deal ended with the Buffalo home game back in January, so you'll have to pay full retail.
Exactly what Beardy says about their quality. I got my Canes away, my Pens third, and my wife's Canes third customized through them and was incredibly happy with the quality of work. We'll be sending two more jerseys to them soon to get customized.

Also in regards to your question about STH discounts at The Eye, it's a little screwy, but they do. I believe miniplan holders get 10%, and half and full holders get up to 20% depending on how long they've been STHs.

garnetpalmetto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:40 AM
  #8
Guy
Registered User
 
Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,837
vCash: 500
If you can find somebody who works at the PNC Arena I believe they get 30% off. They did up until a couple of years ago anyway, not sure if that still exists.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.