HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[LAK/NJD] Andrei Loktionov to Devils for 2013 5th Round Pick

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 01:12 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Wow would have given up more easily.

Always nice to add young players with good upside that can play at this level. They probably looked at the Filatov deal as a comparable.

Great move for NJD.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Josefson may not be all that much offensively, but he's ****ing astounding defensively. There's no way loktionov plays over him

Old
02-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

thats a good deal for the devils IMO.

02-07-2013, 01:28 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Knowing the kings he's gonna be a great player on another team. I really dont like this deal, feels so wrong.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:31 AM
DJN21

really wish Buffalo couldve got in on this and topped that offer

Old
02-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Great vision and playmaking skills but undersized and not overly fast.
Wellwood-esque??

Old
02-07-2013, 01:56 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
What was wrong with this wing play?

A few of your fellow posters said he had a high hockey IQ so you would think a move to wing would be simple for him.
Quote:
ďCenter. Thatís what Iím thinking about. Iíve always played center and my first time playing on the wing was here (last season). I want to play center,Ē the Russian forward said.
http://mayorsmanor.com/2011/09/terry...sure-of-lewis/

Granted, this was a couple years ago, and I'm sure he'd rather play wing in the NHL than center in the AHL, but the point remains that he (and previous coaches) have said he's better suited at Center. If I remember correctly, his mentor, Igor Larionov, even told Lombardi that Loktionov plays best at center.

On that note, this is a very good trade for New Jersey. I was hoping the Kings would have got more, but I guess I was simply being unrealistic. I think he's a good prospect; he's not very fast nor very strong, but he's very smart (which is why he got the nickname "Jimmy Neutron" when he was in juniors). Good luck with him.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:36 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
Josefson may not be all that much offensively, but he's ****ing astounding defensively. There's no way loktionov plays over him
It's not like Loktionov is a defensive liability...

Old
02-07-2013, 03:09 AM
Luc Gretzky

Good trade for both teams, NJ gets a bit more value out of the deal. It's hard to pluck a guy like Lokti in the 5th round, the Russia KHL factor probably being the reason he wasn't a 3rd/4th round pick. But he was never going to break the Kings lineup because our 1/2 centers are locked up, and that's where he'd have to play on the Kings to be effective (I.E. not big/mean enough to play bottom 6 on a Dean Lombardi managed team). I think he could play bottom 6 numbers in NJ, as they're more about playing quick instead of big.

Plus, he's a bit of a flight risk. If he doesn't get a shot with the Devils this year, and maybe next year, he will probably go to the KHL. The only way the Kings "win" this deal is if that happens.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:53 AM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 50
At least Kings got something out of him, better than nothing.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:20 AM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Just so you know, Josefson is our worst +/- player by a wide margin at -5. The next closest is a -1...

So sick of how much our fans overrate Josefson. +/- isn't a great stat, but if you bring nearly nothing else to the table, and are seen as a great defensive center, you better not have the worst +/- on the team.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:00 AM
xdl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
Just so you know, Josefson is our worst +/- player by a wide margin at -5. The next closest is a -1...

So sick of how much our fans overrate Josefson. +/- isn't a great stat, but if you bring nearly nothing else to the table, and are seen as a great defensive center, you better not have the worst +/- on the team.
Wow. I can't even be bothered to correct this, it's just too much work.

All I have to say is that he's a 4C because he cannot score, and I haven't seen anyone say he's anything more than that. If you're using plus minus to grade him, you aren't watching.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:44 AM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
Wow. I can't even be bothered to correct this, it's just too much work.

All I have to say is that he's a 4C because he cannot score, and I haven't seen anyone say he's anything more than that. If you're using plus minus to grade him, you aren't watching.
Nice waste of a post. What you said made no sense in response to anything I said.

You haven't seen anyone say he's more than a 4C:
- My quote was to someone who claimed he was an outstanding defensive center and for that reason Lokti would never play over him.
- He currently plays 3C minutes btw, not 4, which I am fine with. Maybe you should watch the games.

Oh, and I even said +/- isn't a good stat in my post. Reading comprehension is a fantastic thing, and if you want to reply to someone's opinion, generally you should give reasons that support your opinion or at least go against the other person's viewpoint.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:59 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
It doesn't have to be one or the other, especially considering Barch currently has a consistent roster spot.

As I was saying on the Devils board, let Josefson switch to wing. It might even spark his offensive game.

Quote:

Him & Gio have been one of the best PK pairings out there and he's being trusted in all situations. That says how the coaches feel about him.
And it's hard to keep a good +/- when you're centering crap for 9 straight games.
Two enforcers, an unseasoned rookie and Tedenby have been his starting linemates.
But... I'm getting off topic here.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:04 AM
njdevil26

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Josefson-Loktionov-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

I'm good with this.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:06 AM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Using the play-by-play summary from the Rangers/Devils game last night, I noticed the following match ups from the early stages of the game:

- The line of Elias-Henrique-Clarkson started the game against Nash-Richards-Gaborik (top line vs. top line).

- Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus were next on ice against Pyatt-Stepan-Hagelin.

- Gionta's line with Carter and Bernier were matched against the Rangers checking line centered by Brian Boyle.

- Josefson's line was playing against the Halpern line.

If Loktionov is put in one of the bottom six lines, I'm not sure if that is going to succeed. He certainly won't be facing the toughest competition, but I'm not sure if he's going to be put in much of a position to score, especially when you consider the linemates he may be with and the defensive minded forwards he will likely be matched against.
DeBoer is still trying different line combinations. The checking line of Carter-Gionta-Bernier is pretty much set in stone. The Elias-Henrique-Clarkson line had a great game against the Rangers scoring all 3 goals, but itís only been one game so weíll have to see if that lasts. Looks like Zajac & Kovalchuk will likely remain together, but still a big hole to fill on LW for that line with the departure of Parise.

Interesting to see what was once a weakness for the Devils (depth at Center) is really a strength of the team now with Zajac, Henrique, Josefson & GiontaÖplus the ability of Elias to easily slide in to a #1 or #2 Center position if needed. I donít know much about Loki, but the general consensus is that he needs to play C in order to be successful. I think the Devils need to give him a chance to succeed with the big club this season or risk losing him to the KHL, so Josefson or Henrique will likely need to shift over to wing to create a spot for him even though long-term they should be NJís #2 & #3 centers.

Playing 3rd line center for the Devils shouldnít hinder his offensive output since itís expected to be a scoring line for the Devils. The Gionta line is the checking line and all 4 lines for the Devils are defensively responsible, so they donít need the 3rd line to go out against the other teamís top line. I think the offense will start to come for Josefson and Zubrus is a streaky scorer so heíd have some skill on his left side. Butler is the current 3rd line RW Ė still think the Devils may a trade to upgrade here, but Kovalchuk will also see some time here given the amount of minutes he plays. Not to mention with such a compressed schedule this gives the Devils depth for the inevitable injury (cough, Josefson, cough). Not going to get my expectations up, but hopefully the Devils will give him a chance to succeed up in NJ.

Was hoping that they would keep Matteau around only because I felt they needed a bit more skill on the wings, but it would be tough to burn a year on his contract. Probably not going to be the case, but since they still havenít returned him to his junior team yet something else might be in the works that would open up a spot for him.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

I bet Lou wants Voynov next.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:08 AM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
It doesn't have to be one or the other, especially considering Barch currently has a consistent roster spot.

As I was saying on the Devils board, let Josefson switch to wing. It might even spark his offensive game.

Him & Gio have been one of the best PK pairings out there and he's being trusted in all situations. That says how the coaches feel about him.
And it's hard to keep a good +/- when you're centering crap for 9 straight games.
Two enforcers, an unseasoned rookie and Tedenby have been his starting linemates.

That's simply untrue. He plays 12 minutes plus a game, the enforcers play 4. Also, he and Tedenby did not really play together at all. He has gotten time on the 3rd and 2nd lines. Agree with the PK statement though, but that wouldn't have much to do with what I said regarding Lokti having no chance to play above him (even strength). The 3rd line will most likely be Josefson-Lokti-Butler and we will see how it shakes out.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:09 AM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post

Exactly, a little less defensive responsibility for Josefson by switching from C to LW would let him focus more on generating offense. He's shown some flashes in the past, but unfortunately whenever he seemed to start putting up points he would get injured.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:18 AM
fsanford

Kind of strange they sent him to Albany, if they don't call him up soon, that boy is going back to Russia.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:21 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:

I don't watch enough games to say who is your best defensive player, but you do realize it's not unusual for defensive players to have a low +/- right? They are usually up against the toughest competition.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Josefson-Loktionov-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

I'm good with this.
I like it but I'd switch Butler and Zubs.

Butler-Zajac-Kovy
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Josefson-Loktionov-Zubs
Gionta-Carter-Bernier

Barch, Matteau

I might be alone in this but I like the way Butler has looked so far and Zubs and Kovy have almost no chemistry.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:27 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I don't watch enough games to say who is your best defensive player, but you do realize it's not unusual for defensive players to have a low +/- right? They are usually up against the toughest competition.
He plays on a line with Krys Barch too so...

Old
02-07-2013, 09:28 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

How could the Flyers not beat this!? Lokti would fit into the lineup immediately right now.

02-07-2013, 09:40 AM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Kind of strange they sent him to Albany, if they don't call him up soon, that boy is going back to Russia.
They have to make a move to open a roster spot first. Could be another deal in the works to do that - who knows. Most likely move is that Matteau returns to his junior team though since if he plays another game he burns a year off his ELC.

Closed Thread