HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks vs Sharks

Old
02-07-2013, 04:33 AM
Phu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
I have to admit that my opinion of him has lowered considerably (I thought he was a level chap). It would be nice if he manned up like Landeskog and admitted the hit was clean. Shows the gap in class between the two, IMO.
Is it possible that he got smashed so bad that he was confused as to why his head hit something (the ice)? And he gave those comments before he saw a replay?

Just giving a little benefit of the doubt. He did kind of go off on it which is a little ******* given it wasn't a head hit at all and he didn't get hurt on the play.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 04:44 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
I have to admit that my opinion of him has lowered considerably (I thought he was a level chap). It would be nice if he manned up like Landeskog and admitted the hit was clean. Shows the gap in class between the two, IMO.
I agree. He seemed like a nice enough dude, but that was really unnecessary. I guess he hadn't seen a replay?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:00 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
It Stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Is it possible that he got smashed so bad that he was confused as to why his head hit something (the ice)? And he gave those comments before he saw a replay?

Just giving a little benefit of the doubt. He did kind of go off on it which is a little ******* given it wasn't a head hit at all and he didn't get hurt on the play.
When he said "absolutely," he lost me there. Most players would say something about needing to see a replay first. Hell, even if he toned down a bit and said "it felt like" or something to that extent, I wouldn't consider it cheap. Jamal just went straight for the "I'm going to tell the teacher" routine. It was lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I agree. He seemed like a nice enough dude, but that was really unnecessary. I guess he hadn't seen a replay?
Yeah, he may not have seen the replay at that point, but he's now had time to recant his accusations. I just don't think the old man can swallow his pride and admit he done goofed up.

At least through all of this, Desi didn't seem too shaken about the play. I hope to see him go for these hits many times over in the future.

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:26 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCinSJ View Post
Anyone else super dissapointed in the way Mayers responded to that hit in the media?

Always liked the guy but he played it up like it was a hit to the head. Even saying "these are the types of hits we are trying to take out of the game"...

Blatent lying piece of **** in my opinion.
Not 'un-expected' as, when he was in T.O., he always was known as one whom had issues with media and other players. Very tough guy and just wouldn't put up with much.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote