Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
You had a little spat about someone running Kadri, which obviously won't happen when the Jets line up won't even look at our fourth line. Yea the same fourth line that has been on for one goal against this year. If Mclaren dresses I guarantee he will grab a jet, will be nice to see him playing in his home province for the first time ever. So back to your rant, what does Kadri have to worry about other than your aggressive text on hfboards?
Your right. The Jets are absolutely TERRIFIED of those goons. My god, I think the whole team is going to piss their pants the second they step on the ice. How could I have been so blind?

Go back to Leafs board. Believe it or not, goons do less than nothing and hitting happens EVEN TO TEAMS WHO HAVE ENFORCERS. Gasp!

Can't wait until somebody hits Kadri (legally), and those precious goons do nothing. Staged fights do nothing. We don't need them.

Jets win 7-0, Orr goes -7. My prediction.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Great, thread full of Leafs fans already.
Yup, scaring us with their mean fourth liners... Why can't they just leave us alone and let us cling on to the hope that we won't get physically dominated by their big mean team?

Old
02-07-2013, 02:04 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Yup, scaring us with their mean fourth liners... Why can't they just leave us alone and let us cling on to the hope that we won't get physically dominated by their big mean team?
It's just not fair. Those big bully meany heads like Orr, completely eliminates our skill or ability to come within 20 feet of any of their players...how will we ever win this game...let's just quit now and save ourselves for games where we won't get killed...

Old
02-07-2013, 02:13 AM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
It's just not fair. Those big bully meany heads like Orr, completely eliminates our skill or ability to come within 20 feet of any of their players...how will we ever win this game...let's just quit now and save ourselves for games where we won't get killed...
Time here is done, we shall see if Thorburn earns his paycheck tomorrow, opps I forgot he's employed to wheel and deal.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:25 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Leafs fans are great.
Actually beaking teams because their fourth line could beat up another teams fourth line . Clearly having a tough fourth line works well for them .
I hope Thorburn earns his paycheck too, I just don't think that its predicated on him fighting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
You had a little spat about someone running Kadri, which obviously won't happen when the Jets line up won't even look at our fourth line. Yea the same fourth line that has been on for one goal against this year. If Mclaren dresses I guarantee he will grab a jet, will be nice to see him playing in his home province for the first time ever. So back to your rant, what does Kadri have to worry about other than your aggressive text on hfboards?
Okay I re-read this a couple of times, there is NO WAY this is a serious post.
I refuse to accept that this wasn't posted in jest.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:31 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Leafs fans are great.
Actually beaking teams because their fourth line could beat up another teams fourth line . Clearly having a tough fourth line works well for them .
I hope Thorburn earns his paycheck too, I just don't think that its predicated on him fighting...

Okay I re-read this a couple of times, there is NO WAY this is a serious post.
I refuse to accept that this wasn't posted in jest.
What else do they have to look forward to? Their team is about as average as ours, complete with broken D and spotty goaltending. There are also some people that have an 'interesting' perspective around here. For more quotable posts, check the Leafs' GDT on their board.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:39 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Jets home Fenwick: 53.46
Toronto away Fenwick: 45.78

JETS WIN

Old
02-07-2013, 03:12 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Jets vs Laughs

HAHAHAHAHAH
LineRelQoCOZSCorsiRelCorsiOnP/60
1st line 1.671 54.4 -00.3 05.68 3.72
2nd line 1.697 33.0 -02.9 -06.24 5.22
3rd line 0.362 51.0 15.7 04.04 8.20
4th line -0.677 56.7 -13.3 -16.29 1.06

1st pair 2.279 44.0 -01.7 -04.69 0.33
2nd pair 0.272 46.7 -23.7 -15.56 1.96
3rd pair -1.390 50.5 11.7 11.74 0.00
1st line = Kessel no luck + JVR lots of luck.
2nd line: is legitimate threat with those numbers given that OZS. It's that damn Grabo.
3rd line: is running on some crazy puck luck and no way indicative of that line's talent, but decent possession.
4th line: REALLY SCARY... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
1st pair: Phaneuf take all the tough... not beat but not bad
2nd pair: weakness! exploit
3rd pair: good given ridiculous sheltering

Jets
LineRelQoCOZSCorsiRelCorsiOnP/60
KJWh 0.609 53.4 -09.1 -05.98 5.19
LBL 0.759 48.9 07.4 05.74 4.29
PAW 0.684 49.0 14.0 12.63 2.29
WST -0.976 39.5 -07.5 -07.52 2.56

En-Ha 1.728 44.0 -18.5 -09.83 2.53
St-Re 1.283 52.8 04.6 09.50 1.64
Cl-Po -1.515 59.2 19.5 14.86 2.15
KJWh: I know this line is built on "moar speed + moar score" but I would like those possession to improve
LBL: This lines QoC seems lowish relative the rest because of the switch between Antropov and Burmistrov. This line has moved into the black for possession and out-chancing, and still decent secondary scoring
PAW: I could see good things coming out of this line. Last game Antro finally moved into the black for possession/out-chancing and Welwood/Ponikarovsky still are doing great at minimizing any threats. Watch as soon as the Jets get a lead for this line to just cycle and cycle and cycle. They are underperforming offensively but their offensive puck luck has been terrrribly unlucky so it should improve in time.
WST: Well they are facing lot weaker comp than GST but they aren't being out-chanced nearly as bad... so not bad (and only half as bad as their 4th line )
En-Ha: Please come back Buff. Please come back Buff. Please come back Buff. Please come back Buff. Please come back Buff. (x100)
St-Re: Redmond WTF! He's making Stuart look good! I'd still rather have Byfuglien with Enstrom and then place Hainsey with Redmond... (also improve with kicking out Clitsome)
Cl-Po As long as Noel keeps sheltering them they will be ok until Buff/Bogo return to remove Clitsome.

GO JETS GO

Last edited by garret9: 02-07-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Wait how is all of our D starting in the offensive zone more than defensive? Meanwhile only 1 forward line is. That makes no sense...

Old
02-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
Leafs GA= 29
Jets GA= 34

We could say the same thing about you.
Go ahead, in your own thread.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:45 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Wait how is all of our D starting in the offensive zone more than defensive? Meanwhile only 1 forward line is. That makes no sense...
because I screwed up in the copy and paste... one sec lol

<EDIT>
I fixed. Nice catch!

What I do is I take the stats and average out the 3 that are on the line currently (except points I just add-em up)

So when guys change lines it can really skew things...

Like how Stuart has mostly been in the DZ (42 OZS) when looking at the whole season but Redmond's huge OZS (63.6) averages out to more OZS than DZS for the pairing.
Like how Antro has over season faced higher comp than Burmi so them switching causes the lines to look more evenly spaced.
Like how Hainsey's big negatives from his time being buried with Stu make Enstrom's barely negatives look worse (who was positive before Buff got injured).

I get all my raw data from here (I even got it all prettied up and filtered for you ):
Jets' Defense
Jets' Forwards
Team Fenwicks
Once you figure out how to use the "more filters" and manually filter, this becomes a very powerful tool... even for someone who's simple like me.

Last edited by garret9: 02-07-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 04:50 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Don't underestimate the Leafs, on the road they are 4-1-0.

Montreal 2-1 W
Pittsburgh 5-2 W
Rangers 2-5 L
Sabres 4-3 OTW
Capitals 3-2 W

Not bad, though MTL and PIT struggled in the first games (we saw that, too) and the Capitals are not that hard to beat (we saw that too, too (Is it actually possible to say that in english? )).

Nevertheless I expect a win which will boost our confidence again to think we're a good team this year because we'd jump back into the playoffs before losing the hope again with a disgusting effort in Ottawa on Saturday

The key to the game will be disciplin. If we let them take penaltys (they're good at avoiding them unfortunately, nevertheless the goon talk you guys are doing) I see us taking them down with our PP (#10 in the league) against their PK (#27 in the league).

Jets PK still 30rd -.-
Toronto PP is also 27th

Prediction:

Jets 5
Leafs 3

Last edited by GermanJetsFan: 02-07-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 05:48 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Great job per usual YWG!

This must be a new record.... This was turned into a troll thread before I even woke up this morning.

You never cease to amaze me HF.

Win or lose, just play a good game. **** the leafs, **** that over rated p o s Kadri

Last time I saw him at the MTS centre he got beat up by a russian.
Hope the same thing happens.

I will second your comments Holden, he is really dirty. In that game, all he did was skate aroudn with his stick up and with his elbows and knees out.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:59 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
I was gonna post a long post about how I feel about the Leafs, but I decided to let my buddy AM do it instead.

I feel like my feelings towards the Leafs are pretty well explained in that video.
I guess that is a good start to expressing my feelings, but with the leafs you feel there could be just a little bit more.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

we definitely do NOT want Carlyle to have a successful return to MTS Centre

and, of course, to state the obvious:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg php6vrgbBAM.jpg‎ (14.3 KB, 112 views)

Old
02-07-2013, 06:37 AM
RonJon

vCash: 200
Great GDT YWG but but I'm scared Mommy. All these mean Leaf people coming into our house. Like monsters under the bed.....Make them go away. Lets face it, the Jets are kind of a bi-polar team, never know who is going to show up but the Leafs??? They are a whole new definition of Disfunctional Crazy. Every time I think of how long it has been since the Bombers have won the Grey Cup, I remember the Leafs and find my happy place.

Prediction I made even before we had an NHL team back... Jets will win the Stanley Cup before the Leafs.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:49 AM
SensibleGuy

I'm going to see a game next month against the Caps. It'll be my first game at MTS. Don't know when I'll be able to get to another. I would gladly take a loss that night if it means winning tonight. My dainty constitution can't withstand the sight of all those pathetic traitorous skunks in Laffs jerseys dancing around at MTS Center. I want The Jets to roll over the Laffs like a freight train and flatten them so I can watch those turncoats desperately try to dissappear into their seats.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FLATTEN THE LAFFS!!!!!!!!

Old
02-07-2013, 06:54 AM
RonJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
I'm going to see a game next month against the Caps. It'll be my first game at MTS. Don't know when I'll be able to get to another. I would gladly take a loss that night if it means winning tonight. My dainty constitution can't withstand the sight of all those pathetic traitorous skunks in Laffs jerseys dancing around at MTS Center. I want The Jets to roll over the Laffs like a freight train and flatten them so I can watch those turncoats desperately try to dissappear into their seats.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FLATTEN THE LAFFS!!!!!!!!
I will be there tonight and we will be LOUD not giving any Leaf fans a hope to be heard.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:56 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Great GDT as always YWG! Or should I say Lewis Carroll...

Quote:
Forget about the goons. How will we ever cope with that fearsome brute Dion Phaneuf! How will we possibly handle his bone crushing checks that take him out of position and give us easy lanes to the goal? Poor John Tavares, he must still wake up in cold sweats thinking about how he got run from behind. He also probably wanted to rip the C off his Isles jersey when he witnessed such mighty leadership and toughness from Dion, so tough that he coughed the puck up worrying about getting jumped.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 02-07-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 07:15 AM
RonJon

Isn't it ironic that we have YWGinYYZ creating epic GDT's for the Jets which forces Leaf fans from Middle Earth to come to our board because they don't have anyone posting a GDT for them

Last edited by RonJon: 02-07-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Fixed it
Old
02-07-2013, 07:17 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Great GDT as always YWG! Or should I say Lewis Carroll...
Thanks! Had a much more extensive GDT in the works, but food poisoning kept me from finishing it.

Quote:
Forget about the goons. How will we ever cope with that fearsome brute Dion Phaneuf! How will we possibly handle his bone crushing checks that take him out of position and give us easy lanes to the goal? Poor John Tavares, he must still wake up in cold sweats thinking about how he got run from behind. He also probably wanted to rip the C off his Isles jersey when he witnessed such mighty leadership and toughness from Dion, so tough that he coughed the puck up worrying about getting jumped.
Burke truculence. Has served them (and him ) well. Would like to see Peluso get a start, but then I think: a staged fight where Peluso would mop the floor with Orr would be fun, but a balanced attack where we pick up a win would be even more fun.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
The Jets will win this game. I recall fondly the New Years Eve game against the Leaves last year. Some Leaf fans in attendance tried to get a Leafs chant going but were drowned out by other fans that chanted "Leafs Suck". That led to some Toronto fans on their team board getting quite upset.

I also clearly recall that there were so many jerk Leafs fans sitting next to me that night. I spoke to other friends and acquaintances also in attendance on that date and each said the same thing as well, near verbatim; "there were so many jerk Leafs fans sitting next to me". Luckily I won't choose to extrapolate that experience because if I did that would be viewed as engaging in the use of sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. In my own view, some Leaf fans are jerks, while others are actually very cool.

Time for a musical interlude, this one is about censorship. I will preface this video by stating clearly that the lyrics are NOT SAFE FOR WORK - that is dependent upon your place of employment though I'd guess. The lyrics advisory is there for a reason. You've been warned in advance...

Old
02-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Gawd, I ****ing hate Laffs fans. Their Pre-Game thread is but only one example why. Their presence in this thread is only one other. Loving a team that has been hot garbage for nearly half a century is another. [mod] There are many many many many more reasons why I hate Laffs fans and the Laffs, but I digress.

Kick their ass, Seabass. GO JETS GO!

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 02-07-2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: mod abuse
Old
02-07-2013, 07:40 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Gawd, I ****ing hate Laffs fans. Their Pre-Game thread is but only one example why. Their presence in this thread is only one other. There are many many many many more reasons why I hate Laffs fans and the Laffs, but I digress.

Kick their ass, Seabass. GO JETS GO!
They don't like me over there, it seems.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:47 AM
RonJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
They don't like me over there, it seems.
I saw that

Closed Thread