HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike York

Old
07-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Why did York lose his job?

he can play all three forward positions on just about any line. I wouldn't cut him from the Isles just yet (and remember, Smith did draft York, and wasn't the one who traded him).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:58 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
he can play all three forward positions on just about any line. I wouldn't cut him from the Isles just yet (and remember, Smith did draft York, and wasn't the one who traded him).
Really good point(s) - hadn't considered that.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Captain11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Who knows if Immo can play.

Let's not bank on this guy being our 2nd line center. Even if we sign Peca, Cullen can be moved over to the wing.
I think by the end of the year, one of dubi or immo can play center.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Fireonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i love york, but i wouldnt do it, he can be replaced by what a kid could bring to the table.
We dont have a kid in the system who could match Yorks offensive output right off the bat.

Fireonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Fireonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
I'd rather sign Peca and Shanahan to short-term deals and not give up the youth.
Agree on Shanahan...really don't like the idea of Peca. Don't see how we need another defensive minded player

Old
07-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Fireonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Another topic that's been beat to death.
I know York has been talked about in the past...but I havent seen it brought up since the Isles got Sillinger, and the fact that its looking less likely we bring back Sykora. If it has...sorry.

Old
07-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Fireonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Forgot about Neil Smith...excellent point there. Hell definately be useful to the Islanders because of his versatility, but they might get more use out of say the rights to Roscival plus a little more.

Old
07-05-2006, 01:05 PM
PECAhead

As I proposed in the York thread on the Isles board:

How about something built around York for Rachunek? It was stated on the Ranger board that while Rachunek wanted to return to the NHL he is still somewhat concerned about playing in NYC. And well... Long Island is anything but a big city.

PECAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by midclasscasualty View Post

And York isn't "always hurt." He had one season, 2001-2002, where he was hurt and played in only 12 games. But over his other 5 NHL season, he averages nearly 74 games a season. Sooo, I don't know where you are getting that from.
In defense of that comment I have to admit that hurt doesn't always mean missing time, playing in a game but having nothing left in the tank doesn't really help either.

I like York, but I just don't if he'd solve anything. The team's problem last year was scoring and playing down the stretch, something I've never been sold on York with.

He just runs out of gas....a lot. It's a testament to his character but I don't see him being a go-to guy on a team that wants to win. He just fades too much after the second half.

I just think the legacy of Mike York has long since overshadowed what he actually brings to the table.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:24 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
In defense of that comment I have to admit that hurt doesn't always mean missing time, playing in a game but having nothing left in the tank doesn't really help either.

I like York, but I just don't if he'd solve anything. The team's problem last year was scoring and playing down the stretch, something I've never been sold on York with.

He just runs out of gas....a lot. It's a testament to his character but I don't see him being a go-to guy on a team that wants to win. He just fades too much after the second half.

I just think the legacy of Mike York has long since overshadowed what he actually brings to the table.
I can certainly agree with that. Seeing as how the entire team seemed to be running on empty the final two weeks, it would be wise to bring in guys that finish strong, rather than flame out.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Fletch

What York would solve...

is the third line problem. I think he'd look good on a wing with Ward on another wing and whoever wins-out at center. I think it's a role that would suit him well and keep him fresh throughout the season. Further, he's a good penalty killer, which is a plus, and a good defensive forward, which would be a plus from that third line, and he can, at times, be useful on a short-term basis on a second line in case of injury. But, he's not hear anymore and I don't think I'd want to use assets to trade for him; just wanted to say that a guy like that would be welcomed on any team I follow and in that role.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote