Just be patient!

vCash: 500
O'Dell is on fire this week end.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
I saw the Binghamton coach got a game misconduct at the end of our shutout on the scoresheet. What happened?

Old
02-03-2013, 03:18 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Hey IceCaps fans/STH question for ya...
I haven't watched that many games since the lockout ended (few but not that many)...
What's the deal with Maxwell? He's shooting at least 2 shots a game, tied for 3rd in the team... yet only has 3 goals???
Does he really have that much bad luck?

Old
02-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Bills09

whats the deal with Ivan Telegin?

Old
02-03-2013, 11:04 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Three answers

Misconduct.

Bingo took a questionable goalie interference penalty with 2 minutes or so left, killed their pressure. Bingo fans could be excused for thinking that the ref was very hard on their team, I guess the coach lost it and let the ref know what he thought of it.

Maxwell.

He is really struggling with scoring this season. Earlier there was inconsistent effort, not at all now, just snakebit.

Telegin

Concussion like syndrome.

Caps are 6-3-0-1 since the lockout ended. I have thought since the season that the Caps were unfortunate to have the lockout as other teams got more help then they did. Burmistrov was the only forward added, and he was not so impressive before he was hurt. Postma was out for a good while, and took time to get to form, probably only played 5 or 6 games at 100 percent here. Redmond was the best of them.. Teams like the Falcons and the Senators lost a lot more.

The caps sit in 11th and are one point out of 8th. Two big series close out the homestand two games against the Sharks who are just ahead of the Caps, and then two against the Whale who are just behind. If they can get 6 out of 8 points, they'll be looking good.

Here is to a healthy Jets squad

Oh, and sellouts # 60, and # 61 were recorded on the weekend

Old
02-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Saprykin Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
Three answers

Misconduct.

Bingo took a questionable goalie interference penalty with 2 minutes or so left, killed their pressure. Bingo fans could be excused for thinking that the ref was very hard on their team, I guess the coach lost it and let the ref know what he thought of it.

Maxwell.

He is really struggling with scoring this season. Earlier there was inconsistent effort, not at all now, just snakebit.

Telegin

Concussion like syndrome.

Caps are 6-3-0-1 since the lockout ended. I have thought since the season that the Caps were unfortunate to have the lockout as other teams got more help then they did. Burmistrov was the only forward added, and he was not so impressive before he was hurt. Postma was out for a good while, and took time to get to form, probably only played 5 or 6 games at 100 percent here. Redmond was the best of them.. Teams like the Falcons and the Senators lost a lot more.

The caps sit in 11th and are one point out of 8th. Two big series close out the homestand two games against the Sharks who are just ahead of the Caps, and then two against the Whale who are just behind. If they can get 6 out of 8 points, they'll be looking good.

Here is to a healthy Jets squad

Oh, and sellouts # 60, and # 61 were recorded on the weekend
They are 6-3-0-1 since Petiot has joined them.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:30 PM
IceCapsFanNL

The Charlestown Chiefs errr the Worcester Sharks are here for two games. Schnell draws into the lineup. One suspects he will be busy. Matt Pelech has 150 pm this season

Old
02-05-2013, 08:03 PM
MrMariusz

BIG goals by Jaffray.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:26 PM
MrMariusz

Jeez. rough loss.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:30 PM
IceCapsFanNL

What a frustrating result. The caps were winning almost all the battles, were faster on the puck, but could not buy a goal in the second or third. A fluke goal tied it up with three to go, and Eddie lets a softy in for the defeat.

I'll make a prediction. Team 11th or 12th. They just don't score enough, and Eddie is not one of the elite goalies in the league.

Some observations,

While they were shut out tonight, the best line the last few games is the Klingberg- O'Dell and Mouillerat line.

Melchiori is a bright spot on the Caps D
The pairings were

Petiot - Meech
Melchiori - Ramsey
Arsene - O'Neill

Melchiori reminds me a lot of Ramsey for all you Moose fans, with good defensive awareness like Ramsey. I did notice he has a speed advantage over Rammer. He got a lot of minutes, much more then O'Neill who had several turnovers in his limited minutes.

Power play is so bad that had two PP units made entirely of forwards.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
MrMariusz

LOL, refs totally blew this game, two imaginary calls gave the Sharks a 5 on 3 for nearly two minutes, two goals from that.

Brian Rogers is FURIOUS.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
LOL, refs totally blew this game, two imaginary calls gave the Sharks a 5 on 3 for nearly two minutes, two goals from that.

Brian Rogers is FURIOUS.
I love Brian Rogers.

He's the type of loveable homer that I like. In contrast to the homer announcers that say the Pittsburgh Penguins have which no one likes, not even penguins fans.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:03 PM
GaryinPrague

Oh my, cormier!

Old
02-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Canadienjet

What a sad,pathetic bunch we have here.

To some who cried about Machacek not being in the NHL..he don't even belong in the AHL.

They gave up.Refs or no refs we gave up.

World's worst offence...****ing useless.

First to worst.

Last edited by Canadienjet: 02-06-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 12:30 AM
trouty

not shocked by the Icecaps they have been a .500 team since December 2011,if you dont believe me go look.They made 3rd round last year but were still below .500 in the playoffs losing 6 of their last 7.

If im Winnipeg id be concerned the Icecaps are a team of 4th liners top to bottom,becides O Dell most in my eyes are AHL Lifers,maybe -Telegin when he fills out.Klingberg is probobly gone in a year ,as soon he be a vet and he anit gonna be playing in North America.

I Think Winnipeg has given up to on this Icecaps season,and i hope they loan trade or shake it up down here and write this season off.Its been terrible to watch honestly.Major shakeup needed from management to coaching on

Old
02-07-2013, 12:32 AM
trouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post

Brian Rogers is FURIOUS.
Refs were as bad for both sides,no matter thats a excuse this team never deserved to win that game period were out played,out coached and just embarrassed Icecaps could hardly hit the net with the puck

Old
02-07-2013, 04:41 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
While they were shut out tonight, the best line the last few games is the Klingberg- O'Dell and Mouillerat line.
I really liked the Telegin-O`Dell-Klingberg line at the start of the season... too bad with all the injuries and all.

Quote:
Melchiori is a bright spot on the Caps D

(...)

Melchiori reminds me a lot of Ramsey for all you Moose fans, with good defensive awareness like Ramsey. I did notice he has a speed advantage over Rammer. He got a lot of minutes, much more then O'Neill who had several turnovers in his limited minutes.
This is wonderful to hear. Some scouts have been quietly optimistic about Melchiori, stating he has more upside than any of our D prospects not named Trouba (Redmond and Postma aren't prospects to me while they remain on the roster). While never will be an offensive weapon his ability to read play, gap control, and 4-way movement has impressed me even in juniors. Good to hear about speed coming along too; apparently his speed and acceleration were Gary Roberts primary areas of focus for him last off-season.

Any more you could say about him IceCap fans?? I haven't watched many games since the lockout ended and school returned.

I hope he continues improving and fills even bigger minutes for you guys next season!

You'll be getting another similar gem in Yuen next year. Little more offense (not much), better skating, but not as big.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:49 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
not shocked by the Icecaps they have been a .500 team since December 2011,if you dont believe me go look.They made 3rd round last year but were still below .500 in the playoffs losing 6 of their last 7.

If im Winnipeg id be concerned the Icecaps are a team of 4th liners top to bottom,becides O Dell most in my eyes are AHL Lifers,maybe -Telegin when he fills out.Klingberg is probobly gone in a year ,as soon he be a vet and he anit gonna be playing in North America.

I Think Winnipeg has given up to on this Icecaps season,and i hope they loan trade or shake it up down here and write this season off.Its been terrible to watch honestly.Major shakeup needed from management to coaching on
Some very nice prospects that should be hitting the rock next year. can't wait to see Adam Lowry join the team......perhaps Yuen and Sutter as well. depending on how things go you might see Schiefele for some time as well?

garret referenced Yuen and i really loved his skating in the prospects camp this past summer and he is a quality individual as well.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post

It seems to me they have.Zingers goal of winning a calder cup is gone.Do something give us the impression they give a crap.

We never made any changes up front and we have very little to choose from.O'Dell and Jaffray are our best players.

Klingberg is useless.O'Dell is way better.

We sell out the rink(in ticket sales,not every night in the rink)and we get treated to this crap.Almost insulting.

Last edited by Canadienjet: 02-07-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Canadienjet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjI7_BKU9s

IceCaps offence.Yes I know it's football but same logic applies.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:15 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 1049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post
It seems to me they have.Zingers goal of winning a calder cup is gone.Do something give us the impression they give a crap.

We never made any changes up front and we have very little to choose from.O'Dell and Jaffray are our best players.

Klingberg is useless.O'Dell is way better.

We sell out the rink(in ticket sales,not every night in the rink)and we get treated to this crap.Almost insulting.
It's going to be rocky for the next few years as the Thrashers' stamp is still very much on the system. There will be some rookies going up to the IceCaps that are playing exceptionally well in the CHL, so let's see if they can transition to the pro game.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
It's going to be rocky for the next few years as the Thrashers' stamp is still very much on the system. There will be some rookies going up to the IceCaps that are playing exceptionally well in the CHL, so let's see if they can transition to the pro game.
Some dead weight has to go : Gagnon,Maxwell,Machacek,King(one could believe),Arsene.etc.

Klingberg is beyond horrible.Only guy with a bigger on/off switch is Kovalev.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:21 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 1049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post
Some dead weight has to go : Gagnon,Maxwell,Machacek,King(one could believe),Arsene.etc.
Gagnon and Maxwell, I agree. Machacek has potential, but he lacks a lot of consistency. I wonder if he was feeling somewhat entitled and decided to take a break, then threw the yoke off as soon as he was sent back to St. John's? Character problem? I haven't seen much of Arsene. There are a lot of depth AHLers on the team, with very few having a legitimate chance at joining the big club. I hope that Telegin matures in his game and finds the level of success he had in Junior, but having skills without hockey sense is like giving a 16 year old a Lambo for Christmas.

Man, how great would it be to have a rookie able to contribute in a meaningful way only a year removed from his draft year.

Closed Thread