Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
They don't like me over there, it seems.
There's a reason I don't use that quote button on the other teams forums anymore.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Beavski24

vCash: 319
I hope this happens to kadri http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNUPD20ICNM but in all reality we need to crush these guys it seems we have problems with teams like this and lets get the all systems go and win this game two clean points i hate thier whole squad and please please dont let kessel score his first goal

Old
02-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
To whoever is going to the game: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE drown out any Laffs fans in the arena. It would be heartbreaking to hear anything remotely close to a "go Laffs go" chant in our arena like they have done in places like Edmonton before. Don't let them get away with that; they don't deserve to be heard, lol.

Please and thanks

Old
02-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Diatidialga

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
To whoever is going to the game: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE drown out any Laffs fans in the arena. It would be heartbreaking to hear anything remotely close to a "go Laffs go" chant in our arena like they have done in places like Edmonton before. Don't let them get away with that; they don't deserve to be heard, lol.

Please and thanks
They better start a "Leafs Suck!" chant to try and drown them out

Old
02-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Soble

Anybody in Toronto planning on watching this game at a bar and going bananas when we crush them? Aside from getting beer poured on you, this would be a fun experience. Actually, at the ridiculous Toronto prices, if the beer poured on you is a premium....
Earls? Real Sports? Tilted Kilt (warning - scenery not for children or the easily offended)?

Last edited by Soble: 02-07-2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: typo...fingers shaking due to epic anticipation of the game
Old
02-07-2013, 09:12 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
because I screwed up in the copy and paste... one sec lol

<EDIT>
I fixed. Nice catch!

What I do is I take the stats and average out the 3 that are on the line currently (except points I just add-em up)

So when guys change lines it can really skew things...

Like how Stuart has mostly been in the DZ (42 OZS) when looking at the whole season but Redmond's huge OZS (63.6) averages out to more OZS than DZS for the pairing.
Like how Antro has over season faced higher comp than Burmi so them switching causes the lines to look more evenly spaced.
Like how Hainsey's big negatives from his time being buried with Stu make Enstrom's barely negatives look worse (who was positive before Buff got injured).

I get all my raw data from here (I even got it all prettied up and filtered for you ):
Jets' Defense
Jets' Forwards
Team Fenwicks
Once you figure out how to use the "more filters" and manually filter, this becomes a very powerful tool... even for someone who's simple like me.
I think you grabbed the wrong team Fenwick table. You were looking for this one right?
http://behindthenet.ca/fenwick_2012....&section=close

Old
02-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Huffer

Great GDT as usual YYGinYYZ! (I should just make that my signature )

Seriously, what was with the Leaf fans in this thread?

Hope the Jets play better tonight than on Tuesday. The Leafs aren't playing that bad, so if the Jets don't show up to play we're gonna get beat.

Hopefully we'll see a good game from Pavs, the top two lines score a few, and the continued improved play from Redmond and Postma.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
Time here is done, we shall see if Thorburn earns his paycheck tomorrow, opps I forgot he's employed to wheel and deal.
We don't call him Sniper for nothing... it's toe drag time!!

But seriously if I wanted to read posts of people who don't know each other insulting their teams I would go to TSN.ca.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I am kind of hoping to see Peluso tonight, though I doubt we will. If he can provide some tough, physical play, a forecheck presence on that fourth line, I'd be happy. This Jets team is at it's best when we play simple, basic Hockey, move our legs, play physical, etc. When we play a physical game and we're moving our feet and finishing checks, we're at our best. Peluso I hope can add to that. Not that he'd be the one guy to change the tide of how the entire team plays, but I think he could be a part of what we need to do to be successful if he can contribute in those ways.

And call me old fashioned, but the Leafs have a couple guys like Orr, Brown, Frazer, McLaren, and those guys are unpredictable in what they may do out there, not to mention they all play a tough brand of Hockey, I'd rather not be run over tonight. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them take a run or two at us, and if that's the case, again, [insert old fashioned me], but I'd like to have Noel able to tap Peluso on the shoulder and let him go toe to toe or go out there and finish some big checks. In my opinion, it's all still a huge part of the game, always will be.

Last edited by Guerzy: 02-07-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Toronto fans should have their passports checked at the door.

Co-worker of mine did that when they were here in edmonton. Walked up to his seat saying to each person in a maple leaf jersey "if your from toronto, lets see your passports".

Old
02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
tbcwpg

Leafs board has the "Reimer factor" of "finally" (as one poster said) playing in front his friends and family as if it'll be some extra motivation. He's been here with the Marlies a few times, and started last season's NYE game. I don't think it effects him either way.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
SCP Guy

A Nice "Zero Goals" chant for Kessel when he touches the puck is in order lol

Old
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
That's just asking for a hat trick. Haha.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
scelaton

Just popped in here, then jumped to the Leaf's board...feels like I'm in the middle of a good ol' fashioned hockey brawl. Might put on the pads and helmet and post there later.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Having given up both my tickets for the Leafs games last year, I'm pretty curious to see what the experience will be like tonight. From what I've been told, there will be lots of tough-guy beaks and drunken mouthing off from Leafs fans in attendance. Pfft, whatever. Guess you've gotta draw attention to yourself somehow when your team is that irrelevant.

Let's blow these clowns out of the rink.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Tintin's Ghost

"Raptors are better"

or

"Celine is better"

would make my night.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:17 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
That's just asking for a hat trick. Haha.
100% agreed tbcwpg we are the streak busters after all for better or for worse!!

Any taunting of Kessel pretty much guarantees he lights it up unless it is late and god forbid we have a comfortable lead.

last year it worked for us at times but other times targets like Staal and Ovi made us eat our words

Old
02-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
or "Seguin's better" would maybe hit home for Phil. And Nonis.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:19 AM
RonJon

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Having given up both my tickets for the Leafs games last year, I'm pretty curious to see what the experience will be like tonight. From what I've been told, there will be lots of tough-guy beaks and drunken mouthing off from Leafs fans in attendance. Pfft, whatever. Guess you've gotta draw attention to yourself somehow when your team is that irrelevant.

Let's blow these clowns out of the rink.
I'll be beaking back in Sec 304. The only thing I is that I hate having a war of wits with unarmed men

Old
02-07-2013, 10:21 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
Just popped in here, then jumped to the Leaf's board...feels like I'm in the middle of a good ol' fashioned hockey brawl. Might put on the pads and helmet and post there later.
I know the leafs rile us up but why are the Winnipeg Jets riling them up? For those that visit their board do they normally get pi55ed? I know the Sens and the Leafs fan based have a healthy hate on but I am surprised we cause any form of reaction unless it is to do with our GDT emotion?

oh well boys will be boys

Old
02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I know the leafs rile us up but why are the Winnipeg Jets riling them up? For those that visit their board do they normally get pi55ed? I know the Sens and the Leafs fan based have a healthy hate on but I am surprised we cause any form of reaction unless it is to do with our GDT emotion?

oh well boys will be boys
Perhaps envy at the fact that MTS has passionate fans whereas ACC is pretty stuffy inside and sounds like a mausoleum unless Leafs are winning with five seconds left in the 3rd.

Perhaps becuase they are "long-suffering" Leafs fans. Although long-suffering fan does not imply "knowledgeable" fan.

Looking forward to this one...

GO JETS GO

Old
02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJon View Post
I'll be beaking back in Sec 304. The only thing I is that I hate having a war of wits with unarmed men
I'll be this guy:

I don't really know what other kind of reaction you can give to the dregs of the league talking like they're worth acknowledging.

It honestly blew my mind when I heard about all the animosity from the Leafs contingent. Habs, Pens, Flyers and Bruins fans all have way more to be cocky about, yet they've been pretty darn respectful, at least the ones sitting in my section.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:31 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
"Raptors are better"

would make my night.
That is pretty good lol

Old
02-07-2013, 10:32 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Anyone remember Toronto's record last year after we beat them on New Year's Eve?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:33 AM
peg

Sara OrleskyVerified account
‏@saraorlesky
Zach Bogosian is on the ice for the morning skate w/ the #NHLJets today for first time this season. Getting closer to returning #TSN

Closed Thread