HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Rochester Americans / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed.

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Considering he was a big part of the team, I think he should be assigned if the opportunity is there. Why not? Playoff experience is never a bad thing, and him and Foligno with Armia could really give the Amerks some serious talent. That's a lineup that could make a long run. Regier should do it, probably won't do it.
Yeah, and I think he'd want to go. The guy strikes me as a good teammate and someone who likes competition. Given that he was part of the Amerks for the better part of three months, it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to go back and help them out.

Now, whether Regier does send him back is another question entirely. I could see him believing Hodgson is "too good" for the AHL if he puts up 40+ points in Buffalo and/or Quebec has been eliminated from the Q playoffs thereby making Grigs eligible for the Amerks. It would be Regierian to believe that adding Armia and Grigs (and maybe Foligno) is sufficient.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:24 AM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Foligno, Armia and Girgorenko would be more than necessary to satisfy me. And I'm pretty demanding. Defense is the worry, but if Finley is on waivers this week and comes back along with Pardy, I think the Amerks could compete with anyone. But a lot of things would have to go right for all those guys to be on the Amerks at once.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:32 AM
hockeylover1

Why do we need Finley? Won 8 out of 10. Pardy yes not Finley. Team defense playing better. Goals against have been low. Read on Islander board what they say about Finley.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Zip15

Usurping Woodhouse here for the highlights of last night's Amerks game, a 6-2 win over the Abbotsford Heat. Rough night for Heat goaltender Barry Brust.

Amerks now 5th in the Western Conference, and just three percentage points behind Toronto for 1st in the division.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:55 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover1 View Post
Why do we need Finley? Won 8 out of 10. Pardy yes not Finley. Team defense playing better. Goals against have been low. Read on Islander board what they say about Finley.
What does his play in the NHL have anything to do with his play in the AHL? If he goes on waivers in the next few days, I doubt the Sabres pass on him.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Zip15

Also, I think people should write Teddy B. and ask if there are any plans in the works to get Amerks games/highlights in HD. The quality of the game production for the Marlies and Heat, among others, is so high. There's little reason that the Amerks shouldn't have nice things, too, especially with Pegula's financial backing.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:23 AM
sabrefan27

Black can't even be bothered to attend an Amerks game, so he probably won't even respond.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:34 AM
UncleBenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Also, I think people should write Teddy B. and ask if there are any plans in the works to get Amerks games/highlights in HD. The quality of the game production for the Marlies and Heat, among others, is so high. There's little reason that the Amerks shouldn't have nice things, too, especially with Pegula's financial backing.
I never understood why they aren't all in HD. The pregame video is always full of HD highlights, they obviously have the cameras, why don't they use them for the actual game feed too? AHL Live is still going to make it look like crap I'm sure but at least the highlight video after the game would look nicer.

It's hard to tell but it even looks like they have much better quality video for watching game tapes in this video around 50 seconds in. How come we never see that if it obviously exists?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...GKAnWLoE#t=51s

It's like the Amerks are forced to record all their highlights from the AHL Live feed and that's what we get after the game.

Last edited by UncleBenny: 02-07-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
hockeylover1

Because the way the Islander fans describe him in the NHL is the way he looks in the ahl. Slow moving, terrible first pass. Team is not playing worse without him actually better. No one is running Leggio or getting more shots to the net. Won 8 out of 10 against the best teams in the ahl .

Old
02-07-2013, 10:51 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Because the way the Islander fans describe him in the NHL is the way he looks in the ahl. Slow moving, terrible first pass. Team is not playing worse without him actually better. No one is running Leggio or getting more shots to the net. Won 8 out of 10 against the best teams in the ahl .
Having Pardy also helped. Finley may not be much of a player, but he's an OK AHLer and a tough guy to play against. I don't see how having him back will hurt unless Rolston uses him poorly.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
sabrefan27

Finley is a good AHL defenseman. He's not an NHL defenseman. I don't know why we're STILL having this debate. I don't care how Islander fans describe his play in the NHL. It doesn't matter.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Black can't even be bothered to attend an Amerks game, so he probably won't even respond.
What is your source on this?

Old
02-07-2013, 11:01 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
What is your source on this?
My own eyes and Kevin O, who sits right near where Black would be. He's been to 2 Amerks games since Pegula bought the team. Both openers. Didn't go to any other games during the entire lockout.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:06 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Finley is a good AHL defenseman. He's not an NHL defenseman. I don't know why we're STILL having this debate. I don't care how Islander fans describe his play in the NHL. It doesn't matter.
good may be a little strong- I would use decent. I think at the start of the year when we had 5 offensive minded defensemen and Finely he may have looked better because he was the one guy who stayed at home. He is great to have on the PK because he takes up so much space.

Crawford looked good last night, I like his game. We could definitely use Finely back here. I think it will happen.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:08 AM
hockeylover1

The team has done really well since he has been gone. Much better than some thought the team would do. Just giving credit to the guys who have played. Won 8 out of 10, put a 5 game winning streak,beat Toronto, Syracuse, the heat. So when the comment defense is a worry but if we get Finley back all will be better. How much better can the team be they have done extremely well. Just don't see Finley having that great effect on making this team better. No need to debate everyone has their own opinion.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:13 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
The team has done really well since he has been gone. Much better than some thought the team would do. Just giving credit to the guys who have played. Won 8 out of 10, put a 5 game winning streak,beat Toronto, Syracuse, the heat. So when the comment defense is a worry but if we get Finley back all will be better. How much better can the team be they have done extremely well. Just don't see Finley having that great effect on making this team better. No need to debate everyone has their own opinion.
The team has played well, but what does that have to do with Finley? He's an important piece of the team. The debate was whether he's a good player in the AHL. And the answer is yes. He didn't go from a tryout player, to AHL contract, to NHL contract to being claimed on waivers for nothing. He earned it. The NHL game is too fast for him. The AHL is not.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
My own eyes and Kevin O, who sits right near where Black would be. He's been to 2 Amerks games since Pegula bought the team. Both openers. Didn't go to any other games during the entire lockout.
You've never considered that maybe Mr. Black doesn't sit in the same place all the time? He frequently is moving around the FNC during games, not just sitting in the owner's box.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:42 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
You've never considered that maybe Mr. Black doesn't sit in the same place all the time? He frequently is moving around the FNC during games, not just sitting in the owner's box.
I guess it's possible, but generally, there's only 2 places Sabres brass has ever sat in Rochester. I guess Black could have roamed around 5,000 people unnoticed repeatedly. But I doubt it.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:45 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
I guess it's possible, but generally, there's only 2 places Sabres brass has ever sat in Rochester. I guess Black could have roamed around 5,000 people unnoticed repeatedly. But I doubt it.
Well, your entire argument is based on the fact that YOU haven't seen him, and presumably KevinO hasn't said that he's seen him.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

I'm starting to get excited about Flynn in Rochester. Listening to the games/post game show, he's really starting to be a difference maker every night. The postgame show last night compared him to Pominville, in terms of coming out of nowhere and being very good.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Having Pardy also helped. Finley may not be much of a player, but he's an OK AHLer and a tough guy to play against. I don't see how having him back will hurt unless Rolston uses him poorly.
I agree.

I'm sure the Amerks/Sabres wouldn't mind adding depth on defense.

At the start of the year we had 18 pro D organization-wide. Holy depth!

Currently, we are down 5 D (4 injuries, 1 lost to waivers). That leaves 13 available D for 12 playing spots. Holy depleted!

Old
02-07-2013, 11:52 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Well, your entire argument is based on the fact that YOU haven't seen him, and presumably KevinO hasn't said that he's seen him.
Yes, fine, he has eluded everyone for multiple games. He's been to some games. People know where he sits when he goes.

This wasn't an argument. Just an observation.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I'm starting to get excited about Flynn in Rochester. Listening to the games/post game show, he's really starting to be a difference maker every night. The postgame show last night compared him to Pominville, in terms of coming out of nowhere and being very good.
Didn't watch the game last night but Flynn was in on the first three goals (third one game winner).

I was surprised he was a healthy scratch opening night, but then again...... the lockout.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Usurping Woodhouse here for the highlights of last night's Amerks game, a 6-2 win over the Abbotsford Heat. Rough night for Heat goaltender Barry Brust.

Amerks now 5th in the Western Conference, and just three percentage points behind Toronto for 1st in the division.
Nice goal at 1:35 of the highlights. Looks like all 5 of the Amerks touched the puck before Mancari scored. Nice passing.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:05 PM
mechaphil

Send a message via AIM to mechaphil
Quote:

They're a point ahead of Toronto. Two points back of Abbotsford. The North Division's lead and fourth are separated by three points - it's a street fight for bragging rights this year.

Closed Thread