HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 07:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
What a bad trade. Pittsburgh absolutely abused Dallas getting a 40 goal scorer for a now healthy scratch.
James Neal and Matt Niskanen for Alex Goligoski.

Niskanen is OK. Dallas gave up 2 players for Goligoski. They should have gotten back 2 players for Neal.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Staal View Post
What is everyones thoughts on Curtis Glencross and Troy Brouwer as maybe possible deadline moves?
Glencross has 2 more years remaining. Brouwer signed a 3 year extension before the lockout. The Rangers don't take on term unless it's for Jagr and Nash. A big time player. Sather will look to match term in the trade. Rupp and Powe are group III's in 2014. Even the Nash deal,Sather matched up the money. Dubinsky is making $4.2M for 3 years. Anisimov will be a group II this summer. He will get $3M-$4M this summer. 3-4-5 year deal. Anisimov is 2 years away from group III.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers wanted to sign Callahan for longer than 3 years but Callahan's agent wanted too much money. The Rangers wanted a manageable cap hit. $4.275M for 3 years. Gorton knew the CBA was coming up. Too much uncertainty. Flat cap. Down cap. Gorton indicated the Rangers were looking for a specific cap number. That was available in the 3 year deal.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
James Neal and Matt Niskanen for Alex Goligoski.

Niskanen is OK. Dallas gave up 2 players for Goligoski. They should have gotten back 2 players for Neal.
I think most saw that as a horrible deal right when it happened. Ugh to Dallas.

As for the Rangers I think we have to realize the cap is going down and they have to sign their RFA's so they are not adding salary to next yr.

There should be a lot of rental 3rd pair Dmen and after that rental Forwards may be scarce. I could see them going down the Antropov route again.

If Miller and Kreider can earn a spot all the way to the deadline they could move Boyle at 1.7 for someone that is not a UFA.

I just cant see Nash, Gaborik, Richards, Callahan, Stepan, Kreider, Miller, Hagelin going anywhere........Pyatt is doing well so he's sticking........they just got Powe........Halpern has no real value........Asham is the mian tough guy.........so it leaves Boyle but with that said Torts likes the guy. Again it really just depends if Miller and Kreider steal a spot.

I bet Montreal would be intersted in Boyle to team with Prust again....maybe Weber on D....I bet they would move Eller as well. Just some names

Old
02-07-2013, 08:54 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Goligoski? You can't trade for him without giving some salary back. That salary is where McD's $ for next summer should be coming from.
How about:

Brian Boyle + _______ for Goligoski + ______

Old
02-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Was never a fan of Gogo while he was in Pittsburgh. Just seemed like a complimentary piece that was riding the coattails of the great players around him. At that contract, I really want nothing to do with him.

Whitney would be a better option. He's better than Gogo offensively and we could ditch him at the end of the year. However, with all of the lingering injuries to his foot, he's considerably slower and even more tentative along the boards than he used to be. He's also a flake when it comes to defensive zone play. Wouldn't be an ideal guy to pair with Stralman.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:31 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Was never a fan of Gogo while he was in Pittsburgh. Just seemed like a complimentary piece that was riding the coattails of the great players around him. At that contract, I really want nothing to do with him.

Whitney would be a better option. He's better than Gogo offensively and we could ditch him at the end of the year. However, with all of the lingering injuries to his foot, he's considerably slower and even more tentative along the boards than he used to be. He's also a flake when it comes to defensive zone play. Wouldn't be an ideal guy to pair with Stralman.
I actually think that if Toronto would eat some of Komisarek's salary, he would fit in well on the Rangers 3rd pairing.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I actually think that if Toronto would eat some of Komisarek's salary, he would fit in well on the Rangers 3rd pairing.
He's definitely better when he's playing sheltered minutes. My hope is that the team is exploring their options for a "buy low" guy who can grow with the team and possibly be a piece of the core moving forward -- both on the blueline and up front.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
How about:

Brian Boyle + _______ for Goligoski + ______
Something like this is a good idea but it really depends on if Kreider and Mille show they belong. IF they do then Boyle couldbe moved for a package included a better Dman and a spare forward.

I am sure for Goligoski it will cost more

Boyle ,Eminger ,3rd may get something descent

Old
02-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's definitely better when he's playing sheltered minutes.
That can be said about most bad players

Old
02-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Something like this is a good idea but it really depends on if Kreider and Mille show they belong. IF they do then Boyle couldbe moved for a package included a better Dman and a spare forward.

I am sure for Goligoski it will cost more

Boyle ,Eminger ,3rd may get something descent
Or Boyle for Ryan O'byrne + 3rd/4th from Avs?

Old
02-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Or Boyle for Ryan O'byrne + 3rd/4th from Avs?

woops OByrne is on Colorado now...........Rangers can do better than Weber though im on crack

Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Rangers shouldn't trade Boyle

Old
02-07-2013, 01:06 PM
NYR Viper

Here's one:

Boyle for Eller

Montreal reunites Prust and Boyle

Old
02-07-2013, 01:09 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Here's one:

Boyle for Eller

I'd do it.

Would Montreal?

Old
02-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

I really don't see the Eller hype yet and don't want him at all, at least not for what the Habs (fans, they're obsessed with him for whatever reason) would want in return.

Edit: And just posting his name, somewhere, somehow, a Habs fan has felt a disturbance. They'll be in here going crazy soon enough.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
I really don't see the Eller hype yet and don't want him at all, at least not for what the Habs (fans, they're obsessed with him for whatever reason) would want in return.

Edit: And just posting his name, somewhere, somehow, a Habs fan has felt a disturbance. They'll be in here going crazy soon enough.
Too funny.

Eller's a good player. Not as good defensively as Boyle, but still much younger and has a chance to prove he has more offense to his game. Doubt the Habs would be interested in a swap for Boyle.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

What about someone like Sekera from the Sabres?

Old
02-07-2013, 02:00 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Boyle and a 3rd to get back the Rangers' 2013 1st round pick...just so I can get excited about watching the 1st round of this year's draft again.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Leetch66

Eller was not very popular with Price last night in the warm ups...hit him in the privates with a shot OUCH !!! Plus he hurt him earlier in the year in the warm ups with a shot off the shoulder . He might kill the KING if he were here .

Old
02-07-2013, 02:28 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Here's one:

Boyle for Eller

If Millers sticks I would be a fan of that. I've always liked Eller.

Whatever moves they make, they should try and add as much speed as possible.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
What about someone like Sekera from the Sabres?
I've been wanting this for a while now as someone who follows the Sabres. I like Sekera.

The Sabres have a lot of D options, but given their recent struggles I don't think they'll be moving him right now. More likely Leopold will be up for grabs.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Boyle and a 3rd to get back the Rangers' 2013 1st round pick...just so I can get excited about watching the 1st round of this year's draft again.
My god I thought I was the only one!

Old
02-07-2013, 03:41 PM
haveandare

Boyle is capable of playing far better than he has so far this season, as are just about every single player on the roster.

I wouldn't trade him until Miller has proven himself over a long, long period of time. Even then, I think he'd be a fine defensive forward for the bottom 6.

People want to trade Gaborik, Richards, Boyle...I bet if Nash didn't just get here, people would want his head too. Nobody is playing up to their potential because the team isn't in sync. It's clear as day. Now is not the time to trade players based on their 10 game performance.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Boyle is capable of playing far better than he has so far this season, as are just about every single player on the roster.

I wouldn't trade him until Miller has proven himself over a long, long period of time. Even then, I think he'd be a fine defensive forward for the bottom 6.

People want to trade Gaborik, Richards, Boyle...I bet if Nash didn't just get here, people would want his head too. Nobody is playing up to their potential because the team isn't in sync. It's clear as day. Now is not the time to trade players based on their 10 game performance.
And everyone is so concerned with chemistry and the gelling of the team. What better way to ensure those than trade away half the team? I mean, it's foolproof.