HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Nash Money

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Do the mini plans still come with postseason rights? It used to be that with just a half season plan you got full playoff strips
I was e-mailing a rep about mini-plans, and asked if I would retain the rights to the seats next year and if I would get playoff rights. This is the response I got:

"You would have priority in seats and plans next season. They could even be better seats with a better plan, there are no seating rights with mini plans. We just reach out to you before the public and deposit holders since youíre a current member.

Same thing as that is the playoffs. We reach out to you ahead of the public. We canít guarantee games because its 4 subscribers to a seat, but you have a better chance than a non subscriber."

Old
02-01-2013, 04:03 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo6215 View Post
but you have a better chance than a non subscriber
unless that non subscriber knows the ultra top secret password of "GOBLUE"

but even if it were a legit password and not the complete fraud of a presale that it is, that sale is at inflated prices with tons of fees. The biggest benefit to a subscriber strip is a relatively fair price and no fees

Old
02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socs5199 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125
Have people had success downgrading via their reps or is it nearly impossible? How much time do you have to decide whether to renew (and thus get your rep on the phone to try to downgrade) before your existing seats are released?

I was told I would have to cancel my seats and start the process over again. My rep is new though so this might not be correct. I would like to move out of my current price point to a lower one. Currently my tickets are $155 a piece.

Does anyone know if this is true?
The reps try to make you think it's impossible. However, I escalted my situation to a manager and they moved me to the lower price point I wanted.

02-02-2013, 03:26 PM
niinah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
The reps try to make you think it's impossible. However, I escalted my situation to a manager and they moved me to the lower price point I wanted.
Thanks will keep this in mind... also looking to downgrade for next season from my $114 seats

Old
02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125 View Post
I just talked to my rep - she said that to downgrade you have to release your tickets and then go into the pool of subscribers looking to downgrade. That is based on tenure and if you don't find anything that suits you, you may end up not being a season subscriber (since you already released your existing seats to others). She claimed several season ticket holders last year got boxed out because of this and then you lose your tenure as a ticket holder.

This seems really punitive - basically it is going to be VERY difficult to downgrade, and if you want to try you are relinquishing your current seat location.
I can't believe this would happen, if you get the chance to downgrade before they let new subscribers in, I would expect the worst case scenario would be to end up in the same price range before getting squeezed out. In the relocation process, there is no problem getting the more expensive seats.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:25 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
I can't believe this would happen, if you get the chance to downgrade before they let new subscribers in, I would expect the worst case scenario would be to end up in the same price range before getting squeezed out. In the relocation process, there is no problem getting the more expensive seats.
That's the way I look at it. If you're in lets say the $114 price range, you may not wind up with your exact seats but you'll almost definitely get something in that price range if you can't downgrade.

02-03-2013, 01:40 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
That's the way I look at it. If you're in lets say the $114 price range, you may not wind up with your exact seats but you'll almost definitely get something in that price range if you can't downgrade.
That's true...but you could very well end up in a worse location in that price range. Perhaps you want out of the $114s and are currently on the aisle in row 15 in section 112...you might get stuck in the middle of row 20 on the bad end of the rink, say in section 102. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Giacomin

Has anyone here that has ST,s in the upper bowl requested an upgrade to the lower bowl in the past several seasons?

Old
02-03-2013, 02:18 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
Has anyone here that has ST,s in the upper bowl requested an upgrade to the lower bowl in the past several seasons?
I would say 95% of the time it's the other way around. I personally don't know of anyone who has upgraded from upper to lower.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:20 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I would say 95% of the time it's the other way around. I personally don't know of anyone who has upgraded from upper to lower.
Yeah, that's likely an uncommon situation. Not counting the first two rows the most expensive seat in the upper bowl is what, $79? The cheapest seat in the lower bowl is $114 I think. And I'd argue that many of those $114 seats aren't as good as the better $79 seats too.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Legend23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socs5199 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125
Have people had success downgrading via their reps or is it nearly impossible? How much time do you have to decide whether to renew (and thus get your rep on the phone to try to downgrade) before your existing seats are released?

I was told I would have to cancel my seats and start the process over again. My rep is new though so this might not be correct. I would like to move out of my current price point to a lower one. Currently my tickets are $155 a piece.

Does anyone know if this is true?
We were able to move our tickets from section 110 Row 15 to section 212 Row 4 but we had to lobby our rep and we have tenure from 1979 and that was definitely a factor. Obviously they don't want to move people from a higher price point where they might not be able to fill the seats to a lower price point. I also believe your rep is very important as they can go to bat for you.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
We were able to move our tickets from section 110 Row 15 to section 212 Row 4 but we had to lobby our rep and we have tenure from 1979 and that was definitely a factor. Obviously they don't want to move people from a higher price point where they might not be able to fill the seats to a lower price point. I also believe your rep is very important as they can go to bat for you.
I was relocated last year to Upper Balcony at $64 a ticket and was able to re-locate to new 400 section ($47) using the normal process that was set up.

It probably has more to do with their ability to re-sell your old seats than it does rthe actual moving to a lower price point.

They probably don't have a big issue with you downgrading if they have 99% certainty they can sell your old seat (my scenario)

Old
02-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Snow Soccer

Anyone going to the Rangers Player Forum at the Beacon on Friday? Didn't go last year (I don't think they had one ?) and was just wondering what it's like.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:32 AM
niinah

Not sure this is the right topic, but while at MSG, take advantage of the New York Times offer for a free NYR authentic hoodie / sweater!

They sign you up (new customers) for weekend delivery at about $10 for a month -- you can cancel anytime
This is the second year I'm doing this, as long as you are not a current customer you get your free gift for signing up
And if you cancel before the first month's subscription is over they even refund you the remaining issues!

Old
02-05-2013, 09:36 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

link?

Old
02-05-2013, 09:39 AM
niinah

Quote:
link?
For the NY times offer?
Never seen this advertised anywhere
They have at least 2 stands at MSG during the games, one in the lobby right after "security" check, and one on the 100-level, not sure exactly where, maybe near section 110

Edit: At least they were there for the 2 first games of the season, hopefully there during every game

Old
02-05-2013, 01:06 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

What time is the forum on friday?

Old
02-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Heartbreakkid

I have two tickets to the islanders rangers game thursday. I paid 110 each for them for 4 and my friend and his wife backed out. Looking to get back what I paid. Message me or email me. rangers101010@gmail.com
section 219 row 3

Old
02-07-2013, 08:35 AM
cjc5103

Hey guys,

A few general questions regarding Rangers season tickets. My buddy and I were thinking about getting them and splitting them up among a few friends next season. I tried this season but the reps said that the only pairs they had were in the $114 Lower End Seats.

1. Even during it's a highly anticipated season, are STH having issues selling non-marquee weekday games? There's definitely a chance that we won't be able to make the weekday games, and it'd be consistently difficult to take a loss on those.

2. Is getting into the upper bowl for a pair next season next to impossible? I read a majority are trying to downsize from Lower Bowl to Upper Bowl.

3. Any NYR perks such as season ticket holder happy hr, free events, q&a's available to STH? I'm a STH for the Wizard's NBA team and you can imagine they offer something every week lol.

4. Anyone know if any of the 400 level seats are worth it? On their site, tickets are less than $50 a game, which would be great.

Any advise would be great.
Thanks for the help guys.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:46 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
Hey guys,

A few general questions regarding Rangers season tickets. My buddy and I were thinking about getting them and splitting them up among a few friends next season. I tried this season but the reps said that the only pairs they had were in the $114 Lower End Seats.

1. Even during it's a highly anticipated season, are STH having issues selling non-marquee weekday games? There's definitely a chance that we won't be able to make the weekday games, and it'd be consistently difficult to take a loss on those.

2. Is getting into the upper bowl for a pair next season next to impossible? I read a majority are trying to downsize from Lower Bowl to Upper Bowl.

3. Any NYR perks such as season ticket holder happy hr, free events, q&a's available to STH? I'm a STH for the Wizard's NBA team and you can imagine they offer something every week lol.

4. Anyone know if any of the 400 level seats are worth it? On their site, tickets are less than $50 a game, which would be great.

Well first and foremost, get that Wizards experience as far out of your mind as possible lol. The Wizards may be the absolute best of all teams in all pro leagues in terms of taking care of their fans. I can't believe how many open bar events, no restricion ticket exchange, bonus tickets, free basketballs, jackets, concession cash, meet and greets, free admission events etc.. they give you.

The Rangers have been taking away perk after perk every single year. It sucks. But there are still perks. This year if you renewed with a Chase card, you got an autographed hockey stick. They also usually send you some random collectable. There is one main event during the season like the Fan forum or the Kids Training Camp, and about every two years there's the summer fanfest at the training facility which is a really awesome event (but usually no current players). My favorite perk was the open skate at MSG, I really hope they bring that back after all the renovations are done.

As for ticket prices, they are fully priced at market in the lower bowl. When considering fees, it's a lot of work to get your money back on extras even in the playoffs. You definitely want upper bowl where prices are relatively more affordable. Unfortunately, they will never let you in the door with upper bowl tickets unless the Rangers are in last place for the 3rd year in a row. You will have to start in the lower bowl and then talk your way into an upper bowl downgrade which is not a given. I do expect a lot of upper row tickets to become available as the new bridges destroy the fan experience up there at the top

Old
02-07-2013, 09:27 AM
cjc5103

Quote:
Well first and foremost, get that Wizards experience as far out of your mind as possible lol. The Wizards may be the absolute best of all teams in all pro leagues in terms of taking care of their fans. I can't believe how many open bar events, no restricion ticket exchange, bonus tickets, free basketballs, jackets, concession cash, meet and greets, free admission events etc.. they give you.

The Rangers have been taking away perk after perk every single year. It sucks. But there are still perks. This year if you renewed with a Chase card, you got an autographed hockey stick. They also usually send you some random collectable. There is one main event during the season like the Fan forum or the Kids Training Camp, and about every two years there's the summer fanfest at the training facility which is a really awesome event (but usually no current players). My favorite perk was the open skate at MSG, I really hope they bring that back after all the renovations are done.

As for ticket prices, they are fully priced at market in the lower bowl. When considering fees, it's a lot of work to get your money back on extras even in the playoffs. You definitely want upper bowl where prices are relatively more affordable. Unfortunately, they will never let you in the door with upper bowl tickets unless the Rangers are in last place for the 3rd year in a row. You will have to start in the lower bowl and then talk your way into an upper bowl downgrade which is not a given. I do expect a lot of upper row tickets to become available as the new bridges destroy the fan experience up there at the top
I figured big JD upstairs wouldn't treat their STH with anything besides a few gifts, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask... If more hockey teams had great STH benefits like the Wizards, it would be great. However, since CAPS fanfare has picked up the last few years, they rarely get anything either...

I agree about getting tix in the lower bowl and downgrading after a few years. However, it's just incrediably pricey in the lower bowl. 95% of us can't afford 10-12k per season to be a STH. But if you're in it for the long haul, it'll be worth the investment.

Also, if you're gonna be a STH, do you think it's worth it to pick up a half season plan Lower Level and then try to downgrade to full season Upper Bowl if I were gonna do it?

thanks

Old
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Cmf1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
Hey guys,

Hi,

I am a first year season ticket holder - the best option available to me was the $125 first row gallery seats in the upper bowl (I thought the 10 buck difference from the $114 seats was justified as I personally think the sightline is MUCH better and more legroom). While I actually think the seats are pretty awesome - the sightline is great, first row means never having any obstruction which is worth some premium, I do not think it is worth the significant premium they are pushing, given the second row is only $79 I believe. Also the tv is actually somewhat of an obstruction in my opinion (seems like I am paying for it for the rows behind me to enjoy, while it is actually somewhat of an annoyance for me).

I have tried to sell weekday games with little success. I am lucky that I will be able to attend most games. To try to break even on stubhub with the fees, you have to sell the ticket at around $150, and that means a buyer is paying more like $170 or so for the tickets. That's a really tough sell. I was lucky to sell tonight's Islander game at a slight profit, and couple other weekday games at break even, but I think on the whole I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you can attend at least 50% of the games.

Even so, I doubt I will renew next year given the challenges downgrading (I will most likely not renew at my current location). I think the only people able to resell and profit are people in the upper bowl at prices $79 and below...

Old
02-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Giacomin

I think being a STH is great. I would definitely try to get my foot in the door. I started in a terrible section(old 222) and eventually downgraded to the 300,s after 1 season and have not regretted it.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:29 PM
cjc5103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125 View Post
Hi,

I am a first year season ticket holder - the best option available to me was the $125 first row gallery seats in the upper bowl (I thought the 10 buck difference from the $114 seats was justified as I personally think the sightline is MUCH better and more legroom). While I actually think the seats are pretty awesome - the sightline is great, first row means never having any obstruction which is worth some premium, I do not think it is worth the significant premium they are pushing, given the second row is only $79 I believe. Also the tv is actually somewhat of an obstruction in my opinion (seems like I am paying for it for the rows behind me to enjoy, while it is actually somewhat of an annoyance for me).

I have tried to sell weekday games with little success. I am lucky that I will be able to attend most games. To try to break even on stubhub with the fees, you have to sell the ticket at around $150, and that means a buyer is paying more like $170 or so for the tickets. That's a really tough sell. I was lucky to sell tonight's Islander game at a slight profit, and couple other weekday games at break even, but I think on the whole I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you can attend at least 50% of the games.

Even so, I doubt I will renew next year given the challenges downgrading (I will most likely not renew at my current location). I think the only people able to resell and profit are people in the upper bowl at prices $79 and below...

I think the main thing to take away is that unless you can sell your games well in advance at face or hfboards/craiglist to avoid the fees, more people who pay over $100 face will lose money this season. as much as i would like to be a STH next year, it's tough since most tickets will be priced to market. And I agree, as amazing as those seats are, for $170 it's a tough sell.

Also, how many STH's out there attend 50% of their games? I bet most people go to around 25% given the high expense/time of traveling to and eating at MSG.

Finally, anyone find any success selling singles rather than pairs? It might appeal to me to get my foot in the door with a lower level single and try and get a pair in the upper bowl the following season.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:04 PM
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.

I know the gallery seats in the 200s have more legroom, does this also apply to the 100s? I wanna take my mom to a game but not have her be uncomfortable, what section should I look for tickets?

Closed Thread