HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres Talk - Proposals, Speculation, Roster-shaping

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 06:02 PM
PyroK
Cleveland for LIFE!

vCash: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
He's probably trying to get the team in trouble with the PA.
Mission accomplished?

Quote:
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington
A spokesman for the NHLPA says the group is reviewing the #Sabres' decision to practice today on what was a scheduled day off.
https://twitter.com/BNHarrington/sta...04564035817472

Old
02-06-2013, 06:15 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro Kinesis View Post
Jesus he's a pain in the ass. I know they would have found out anyways but really it's not like these idiots didn't need it. I guarantee everyone on this board has been called in on a day off, maybe even volunteered for it. Suck it up nancies.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Sabresfansince1980

vCash: 500
Most of the players on the Sabres roster have either played good hockey and produced on other teams, or played good hockey and produced at various times in Buffalo. What they haven't done is play a consistently good game over the years. This is not rocket science to me. There is talent on this roster comparable to a 4-8 seed, but it just won't come together on the ice. There's only one change that will make the biggest difference, and it's not on the player roster.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:33 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

The funny thing is, I wouldn't put it past the jerks at TBN to jump on Ruff's case for giving them a day off if they didn't practice today.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:00 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Really? They offered suter a similar deal to what minny gave him
Again, that wasn't confirmed, and regardless that doesn't disprove my point. Suter signed 15 days before Weber signed his offer sheet with the Flyers. Had they signed Suter, there's no chance they could have afforded to match on Weber.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:45 PM
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!

with gologoski being a healthy scratch, do you think they are looking to move him because of his lack of production, should we be kicking tires?
Maybe Stafford +?

Old
02-06-2013, 10:07 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
with gologoski being a healthy scratch, do you think they are looking to move him because of his lack of production, should we be kicking tires?
Maybe Stafford +?
That's really weird. He was great last year for the Stars...while Pittsburgh may have "won" the trade getting Neal, Goligoski fit really nicely for them. Has he struggled that badly this year?

Old
02-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
That's really weird. He was great last year for the Stars...while Pittsburgh may have "won" the trade getting Neal, Goligoski fit really nicely for them. Has he struggled that badly this year?
Alex Goligoski to get healthy scratch Wednesday against Edmonton:
Quote:
Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski will be a healthy scratch on Wednesday night against Edmonton, Stars coach Glen Gulutzan said.

That tells you how much the Stars are concerned about Goligoski’s play.

Goligoski was acquired from Pittsburgh in 2011 in a trade for James Neal and Matt Niskanen. He signed a four-year deal for an average of $4.6 million last year. He has the second highest cap hit on the team this season behind Jamie Benn, and he is expected to be the team’s No. 1 defenseman at some point in the future. He currently leads the Stars in average time on ice at 22:14, making him their defacto No. 1 already.

So sitting him out in favor of Philip Larsen is a big move.

“Alex needs to get back to Alex’s level. It’s pretty cut and dried,’’ Gulutzan said.

Goligoski said he understands he has been struggling and has had a talk with the coaches about the decision to scratch him.

“They want more, and I want more. I understand that,” he said.

Asked if he thinks he might be putting too much pressure on himself and trying too hard, Goligioski said yes.

“I think it’s probably a little of that,” he said. “I just have to relax and simplify my game, and just make the smart play.”

Goiligoski said this is his first healthy scratch since his first season in the NHL.

“It’s hard. It’s not fun, but I just have to keep working,” he said.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:27 PM
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!

Quote:
I have watched a few games and he hasnt looked terrible he just isnt producing points. Stafford swap would give them an established forward and the cap hits are kind of close. Goligoski would give us a top pairing offensive defensemen to partner with myers or sekera. Could be a good deal for both ..maybe

Old
02-06-2013, 10:47 PM
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!

Quote:
I have watched a few games and he hasnt looked terrible he just isnt producing points. Stafford swap would give them an established forward and the cap hits are kind of close. Goligoski would give us a top pairing offensive defensemen to partner with myers or sekera. Could be a good deal for both ..maybe

Old
02-06-2013, 10:54 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
Sign me up!

Old
02-06-2013, 10:57 PM
dire wolf
be cool

More interested in a shut-down guy than someone like Gogo.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:39 PM
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
More interested in a shut-down guy than someone like Gogo.
I completely agree, but moving a stagnant stafford for POTENTIAL top pairing dman might be a shake up each player needs. The shutdown dman could be had for a 2nd plus a prospect. (Brennan) and not getting to ahead of myself I could see leopold being flipped for a 2nd.

Potential
Myers. X(shutdown dman or Regehr)
Sekera Goligoski
Sulzer Ehrhoff

Weber
Pardy

Again ahead of myself but im more confident in that defense than the current.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:16 AM
Squantosawuss

Trade Vanek & Miller for Crosby & Malkin.

And Lindy for Disco Dan.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

If we were to offer sheet O'Reilly, what would we be giving up if he signed with us? A 1st,2nd, and 3rd? Would that be in the upcoming draft? For Colorado not to match we would likely have to overpay for him, and do we really want to give up our 1st round pick in a strong draft year when we are looking like contenders to pick top 5? I love O'Reilly but for Colorado not to match an offer sheet I imagine it'd have to be a ridiculous deal we'd be offering.

If the picks don't have to be for the upcoming draft..then I'd be interested.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
If we were to offer sheet O'Reilly, what would we be giving up if he signed with us? A 1st,2nd, and 3rd? Would that be in the upcoming draft? For Colorado not to match we would likely have to overpay for him, and do we really want to give up our 1st round pick in a strong draft year when we are looking like contenders to pick top 5? I love O'Reilly but for Colorado not to match an offer sheet I imagine it'd have to be a ridiculous deal we'd be offering.

If the picks don't have to be for the upcoming draft..then I'd be interested.
The picks do have to be for the draft subsequent to offer sheet. Here's the compensation, and remember the AAV for draft-pick compensation purposes is calculated by dividing the total money by 5:

Quote:
Here are the draft pick compensation figures for the 2012-13 season:

$1,110,249 or below – No Compensation

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 – 3rd round pick

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 – 2nd round pick

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 – 1st round pick, 3rd

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 – 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 – Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd

Over $8,410,976 – Four 1st Round Picks
I'd be aiming for that bolded line. My goal would be to only give up one 1st (and a 2nd + 3rd), if possible, and maximize the amount of money in that range to make it as difficult as possible on Colorado. Thus, I'd offer O'Reilly 6yrs/$33.625m.

On our cap, that'd be a manageable $5.6m cap hit. For purposes of draft pick compensation, that'd be $6.725m, so just under the ceiling for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and not quite in that two 1sts range.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:38 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...4496--nhl.html

Quote:
7. Drew Stafford, Buffalo Sabres

Stafford has 27 shots on goal and 0 shots in goal. Granted, it's hard to score when Thomas Vanek is hogging all the offense like a big gloryhog.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

lol I love the part that the Sabres only got 1 line, while all the others got a whole paragraph.

haha

Old
02-07-2013, 11:15 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-talking-wings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre LeBrun
Darcy Regier has dialed up other GMs this week to talk trade but his hope is that the solution resides in Sabres' room,

Darcy Regier has dialed up his GM counterparts this week with his Buffalo Sabres squad collecting only three wins in 10 games to begin the season.

But there are no magic pills lying out there right now in what appears to be a soft trade market.

"I’ve talked to some GMs the last few days," Regier told ESPN.com Wednesday afternoon. "It’s a pretty quiet market right now. A number of teams have very small things they want to do, quite honestly, with the hope that whether it’s with their players or our players, they’re going to get them on track because of their previous history of them being a lot better. That kind of leaves it where we’re saying, 'Let’s touch base again later in the week or later on.' Teams sitting in positions similar to us are hoping to turn it around with the group that they have and then in the event they don’t, looking at the trade market. But as you said, it’s pretty soft right now."

Old
02-07-2013, 11:28 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Trade market is soft and we're not going to fire the coach. Basically, he built a fundamentally flawed team, he knows it, and now there is nothing he can or is willing to do about it. Sit back and relax, because this team ain't going nowhere.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Brian Boyle was a healthy scratch... can you say faceoff guy!

Old
02-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Blitz
WANTED: Top-4 LHD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Our defense is soft............we really need a big nasty stay at home type

But I'd still do a Stafford for Goligoski deal
Niklas Hjalmarsson is the ideal guy IMO, just not sure what CHI would want from us?

Old
02-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
If we could pull off a trade to get Boyle to center our 4th line I would be ecstatic.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:22 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Would the Rangers take like a third and Gerbe for him? He'd immediately fix the fact that Tyler Ennis is the team's leading defensive-zone center, although I'd hate to see the TOI of a Hecht-Boyle-Ott line compared to the scoring lines.

Closed Thread