HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Lose 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Habitants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
What a surprise!! Plekanec has the worst +/- on the team with a -3....
Bos only scored 2 goals.

I hate pleks bashers.

you realize that if he was not with the habs this team would be last all the time.

Maxpac said it best in interview this week. ''He makes this team GO''

Pleks plays 20 min in all game situations, he is bound to be there for a few goals against eventually. The team leans on him heavily.

He has rebounded well this season after having little support last season.

If they had to lean on Desharnais or Galchenyuk like they do to pleks this team would be in trouble.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

People who want to find goats so far this season? Pleks ain't one of them. Without him we wouldn't be 6-3, period.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:27 AM
BigHab*

Time for Bergevin to move Plekenac as he is not the guy that is going to take the Habs very far. I cannot understand the love for this guy whatsoever. He's a Joe Thornton...he'll get some points but can't lead the team to victory. Eller needs to be moved up to the No.1 line. He is the guy that they need to develop for leadership. I've had enough of the girlie and his other little queens. Sick and tired of watching crap!

Old
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
Bos only scored 2 goals.

I hate pleks bashers.

you realize that if he was not with the habs this team would be last all the time.

Pleks plays 20 min in all game situations, he is bound to be there for a few goals against eventually. The team leans on him heavily.

He has rebounded well this season after havning little support last season.

If they had to lean on Desharnais or Galchenyuk like they do to pleks this team would be in trouble.
That's where clueless fans put their foot in their mouth...even analysts at times...

Saying DD is "now the #1 center" when Plekanec was still more productive last year with crappy wingers for at least half the year when you consider the situations they played easy vs hard minutes.

Not a knock on Dd but he needs to be insulated more to produce(linemates and softer opposition).

Old
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
People (especially analysts) always like to boil it down to one or two people's fault. But in reality, it's a complexity of reasons a team loses. Last night, for me, far and away the biggest factor was our ineptitude on the draws. Boston controlled the puck off the faceoff all night. Montreal needs to fix that or they'll continue to be at a major disadvantage every time they meet. I equate it to starting the game down 1-0.

I also would have liked to see a few more in-game adjustments. I'm all for consistency on lines, but Prust was clearly ineffective with the puck last night and Eller should have moved to that line with the kids.

As hard as Gionta works, I also found him completely ineffective. Constantly turning the wrong way, hesitating around lose puck battles, etc. And if I'm Plekanec, I turn to him and say: "Brian, I know you're a shooter, but you know what also works every now and then? A pass." Gio always opts for the shot when he has a guy busting to the net.

I could go on, but these were some of the subtleties that cost us last night.
They should hire Yanic Perreault as a face offs special consultant.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Time for Bergevin to move Plekenac as he is not the guy that is going to take the Habs very far. I cannot understand the love for this guy whatsoever. He's a Joe Thornton...he'll get some points but can't lead the team to victory. Eller needs to be moved up to the No.1 line. He is the guy that they need to develop for leadership. I've had enough of the girlie and his other little queens. Sick and tired of watching crap!
Could this post include any more EPIC FAIL?

Not even worth a response.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Didn't find this to be the most entertaining Bos-Mtl game.
Always frustrating to lose a game in the 3rd period.
But we're to blame, we could have blown the Bruins out in the first period alone.
I think we had more shots in the 1st period alone than the next two combined, unacceptable.
I also didn't like the fact Markov-PK, Eller on kids line, was only put together in dying minutes. We should have done that right after they got the leading goal.
I would like Max and Cole to play on different lines, with Eller getting better wingers. Eller has been dominating these past few games, time to see if Therrien is true to his words about compensating the players that deserve it.
Eller can't score on a barn door. He is not the answer. When are guys here going to wake up and start asking for Centers who can score goals?

Our centers cost us this game tonight. That is all.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Absolutely pathetic.

His line dominated Boston all night except for 3 minutes that decided the game. He deserves some blame for that of course but he was one of the main reason the game was as close to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Does that mean it's the centers fault that Pacioretty, Cole, Gionta and Armstrong were frequently MIA? Or that Emelin seems to have forgotten how to position himself and is playing like he was last year? It was the centers fault that the third line has lost all effectiveness and hasn't been broken up yet?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:31 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Boston has a seasoned defense, wonderful centermen, bruising wingers who can score and one of the most talented young goalies around. Like it or not, the Bruins are one of the best teams in the league.

The Habs clearly outplayed them last night. Why this game should elicit an outpouring of angst (eg: bench Moen, bench Armstrong, take apart all the lines...) is beyond me.

You can't win 'em all.
They did not outplay them. They lost.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Znthnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The Gally line had easy matchups and still manged 2 brutal shifts where they couldn't get the pucj out plus they had few good scoring chances.
The Gally line did struggle, but isn't trailing in the third the time to take chances and give the kids an opportunity to prove themselves? Eller was having a solid game, and I felt he could have used linemates with a better offensive touch. I think Eller deserves a promotion after last night's game.

Therrien responded a bit too slow last night placing them together. I think he got slightly outcoached by Julien. I hope he recognizes that and makes adjustments.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Picaroon

Soooo we lose to the second best team in the league by one goal in a game where we outchanced them by FAR and people want to trade arguably our best forward?? This board sometimes... I dunno man...

Lets hope we beat up on Buffalo again so everyone can go back to la la land.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Did we really play against our hated rival yesterday ? What a boring game. By the way, Bruins didn't play better than us.

Anyway, Louis Leblanc's two goals salvage my night.

Good: Eller, Subban, Bourque
Bad: Cole, Pax, Emelin
But not DD of course, he was fine, right?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
Soooo we lose to the second best team in the league by one goal in a game where we outchanced them by FAR and people want to trade arguably our best forward?? This board sometimes... I dunno man...

Lets hope we beat up on Buffalo again so everyone can go back to la la land.
Everyone needs a scapegoat. Apparently losing to the best team in the east by one goal is completely unacceptable. I'm surprised the Blackhawks haven't traded Toews yet, they've had a few games like that already.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:39 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
Bos only scored 2 goals.

I hate pleks bashers.

He has rebounded well this season after having little support last season.

Just put Patofpq on your ignore list. The rest of have already.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
That breakaway by Plex tonight was the worst I've seen since that horrible shootout attempt by Minnesota a few years back.
I'll give him a break, how many of those has he buried since he's been with the Habs? How many times has he scored on a short handed breakaway?

The puck rolled on his stick, **** happens.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Znthnk

Why is there this negative fixation on David Desharnais in these boards? He certainly struggled early on this year, but he's hardly the worst player on his line recently.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znthnk View Post
The Gally line did struggle, but isn't trailing in the third the time to take chances and give the kids an opportunity to prove themselves? Eller was having a solid game, and I felt he could have used linemates with a better offensive touch. I think Eller deserves a promotion after last night's game.

Therrien responded a bit too slow last night placing them together. I think he got slightly outcoached by Julien. I hope he recognizes that and makes adjustments.
I don't think leaning on rookies when you need a goal is good coaching. You try and insulate them as a coach as much as you can. Had they been having a great night I'm sure they play a lot more in the 3rd, but they struggled so they only had a few shifts.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:41 AM
bsl

Quote:
Pleks is our only center that scores goals. But yeah, trade him.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Znthnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I'll give him a break, how many of those has he buried since he's been with the Habs? How many times has he scored on a short handed breakaway?

The puck rolled on his stick, **** happens.
The Habs faced a hot goalie and an experienced coach who knows his team, and Therrien is just getting to know his. There is no need to panic.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Absolutely pathetic.

His line dominated Boston all night except for 3 minutes that decided the game. He deserves some blame for that of course but he was one of the main reason the game was as close to begin with.

Does that mean it's the centers fault that Pacioretty, Cole, Gionta and Armstrong were frequently MIA? Or that Emelin seems to have forgotten how to position himself and is playing like he was last year? It was the centers fault that the third line has lost all effectiveness and hasn't been broken up yet?
Each of the three of them missed chances they should have buried. I stand by my statement: Our centers cost us this game.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Eller can't score on a barn door. He is not the answer. When are guys here going to wake up and start asking for Centers who can score goals?

Not saying Eller is THE answer.
Nobody ever is THE answer, hence it being a team sport.
So instead of whining about what we have, we should try to get the most out of them.
Eller between Armstrong and Moen will amount to nothing, look at Armstrong's missed open net.
Putting him with the two youngsters or mixing our 2nd and 3rd line with Eller in there could help. It doesn't mean it will turn Eller into a scoring machine, but that doesn't mean it won't help our team.

You win and lose as a team. If we had not created anything I'd be more upset, but our players generated some chances. We had high scoring games this year and it's not like we're last in GF, so let's not exaggerate on our lack of finish.
Rask had a very strong game too. Give credit where credit is due.

Always room for improvement but let's not go nuts.

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

the more I watch the kid, the more I think he should have a more defensive role. He's already good defensively for a 23 yo, can grind, can play well along the boards. He's also a little passive, trying to anticipate plays rather than creating them.

Old
SeriousHabs

Rask gonna Rask. We played fine. Let's not fire anyone. Except for Amrstong. Yeah he can go.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Each of the three of them missed chances they should have buried. I stand by my statement: Our centers cost us this game.
...except they were also the ones getting the chances. Cole and Armstrong aren't getting breakaways because they pass the puck to nobody as soon as they get it.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:47 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znthnk View Post
Why is there this negative fixation on David Desharnais in these boards? He certainly struggled early on this year, but he's hardly the worst player on his line recently.
Because people already made up their minds that we can't win without a big centre and wait eagerly for Desharnais to stumble so they can jump on him and blame him for the team's failures.

Closed Thread