HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg - Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

vCash: 50
The only logical counter I can come up with here is if you want to rid yourselves of Komisarek, we would give you Clitsome in return straight up. In the short term Komisarek is an upgrade for us until we get healthy and even later to have as a 7th D.

That said the Jets already have Postma and Redmond playing admirably given their circumstances. As well, it's rumored Bogosian should be full back to full practice early next week.

The leafs could burry Clitsome until the end of the year and he becomes unrestricted...

Jets D now:
Enstrom - Hainsey
Komisarek - Postma
Stuart - Redmond

Jets D later:
Enstrom - Byfuglien
Hainsey - Bogosian
Postma - Stuart
Komisarek

Otherwise, the deal as presented, doesn't do much for anyone.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:19 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Wouldn't do it if I am Winnipeg. They give up the best player in the deal, not good for a team with some key injuries on D.

Oh and Bozak isn't the deal breaker, they have: Jokinen, Burmistrov, Antropov, Wellwood, and Little who are all capable top 9 centers.

I know Komi and Bozak are playing alot better than people think but still doesn't make sense for WPG.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
You can dress him up in a bow as much as you want. There is no way that he is a better D man than Hainsey at the moment. The only thing he has done better is hit more.

Hainsey: 3
Adv: Hainsey

TOI/Game
Komi: 15:20
Hainsey: 23:51
Adv: Hainsey

Hits
Komi: 11
Hainsey: 4
Adv: Komi

Blocked Shots
Komi: 6
Hainsey: 23
Mike Kostka:

ATOI: 25:23

Assists: 4

Old
02-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Holy moly! Leafs fans can defend their players and add sarcastic comments all they want. Seems like a few of the usual suspects lol

Is Hainsey looked upon as bad enough by the rest of the league that he is considered worse than Komisarek now?

Back on topic, I would rather look at trading Hainsey for picks instead of giving up one (and a prospect) to get a good but somewhat redundant center and another right handed defenseman. We already have Byfuglien, Bogosian, Postma and Redmond that all seem like capable NHLers. The latter two making close to the league minimum.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:18 AM
kihei

vCash: 4667
I'd do this trade for Toronto, except we can't. We have no centre depth whatsoever. We need Bozak until we can find somebody to replace him or somebody that would allow him to slide down and become a solid #3 centre. But the trade proposal seems like good value for both sides.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:36 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg View Post
To Winnipeg: Tyler Bozak, Mike Komisarek

To Toronto: Ron Hainsey, Ivan Telegin, 3rd Round pick
Wouldn't trade Bozak by himself for that crap

Old
02-07-2013, 02:39 AM
sully1410

Wow....ridiculous thread.

No way I do it. Bozak has been playing very gifted players and has some how failed to impress. I like Komi. He was dope when he played with the Habs. His value is really low right now though.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:57 AM
Jax Teller

Not a bad offer.

Hainsey would be a decent option to add to the top-4 right now. A B/C level prospect and a 3rd are a fair return for a UFA in Bozak considering we would be getting a decent UFA defenseman back in the deal.

It doesn't work, though. Bozak isn't the greatest but he's a decent all around player and I don't think anyone wants to see Connolly again unless one of the top-3 centers suffer a long-term injury. The Jets would also likely want salary retained if Komisarek was included and I don't think the Leafs would want cap tied up in him next season. If the Leafs can't find a trading partner for him where he's paid full price next year by his new team it would make the most sense to use a compliance buyout on him.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:07 AM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
Mike Kostka:

What does Kostka have to do with Komisarek or Hainsey

Old
02-07-2013, 04:37 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
Mike Kostka:

Al Montoya

GPI: 2

Wins: 1
GAA: 4.33

Irrelevant stats are irrelevant.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Seanahue

Quote:
Mike Kostka:

Another good example of a D-man who is better than Komisarek

Old
02-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Huffer

Easy no from Winnipeg. Of the two players that the Jets would get, the one they would want to keep is a UFA, and the one they would want to dump has another year eating up 4 million in cap space.

It's better for the Jets to either resign Hainsey, or deal him if he's not coming back for picks or a prospect. Also, I would have to believe that Telegin is still very much in the Jets plans.

This deal doesn't look very good for TO either though. Sure they get rid of Komisarek, but Bozak is a pretty important piece I would think for them at the moment. I would think they would be looking to resign him.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Mike Kostka:

Now, actually ON topic, I wouldn't do that trade. I actually see no reason not to wait and see how Telegin turns out instead of trading for players we don't need. Also, we can't afford to lose Hainsey right now.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg View Post
I'm new to this, but my thinking was this: The Leafs want to get rid of Komisarek, the jets are in a position to adsorb his contract. Bozak re- signs with the jets and centres a strong 3rd line. Telegin is in tough to make the Jets any time soon but is an intriguing prospect. Hainsey steps right in to help a shaky Leafs d-core and can resign for less than he's making... And the 3rd just because... i don't know...
The Jets have a bunch of expiring contracts at the end of this year and players like Bozak would be low on the priority list to re-sign. That also means that absorbing Komi's contract isn't possible.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
He was injured, which of course you neglect because you are unaware of.

He's been our best defensive Dman (IMO, either first or 2nd best), we have a logjam at D and Nonis will do something about that soon.

Stats are cute and stuff, but they don't tell everything, especially for defensive Dmen. Komisarek is a top 6 Dman on almost every team in the league, and can definitely make some teams top 4s

Keep in mind he is NOT efficient in a run and gun system which Wilson implemented. Stick him in a right defensive team such as the Bruins (or what Carlyle is trying to establish) and he is certainly effective defensively and very physical while doing so.

His puck handling has looked much better this year, he's took it on himself to lose 15-20 pounds and improve his skating and offense. He's a great leader and character guy as well. Trust me, the leafs are not going to be sending any picks with him to get rid of him, nor would we dump him for free unless Holzer continues to shine like his last game and makes him expendable, in which we will receive a positive return.
And now he's playing in the AHL after clearing waivers. No one would even take him for free.

Game! Set! Match!

Old
03-21-2013, 08:13 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 6159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
And now he's playing in the AHL after clearing waivers. No one would even take him for free.

Game! Set! Match!
Clearly everyone is wrong...

Old
03-21-2013, 08:52 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
And all credibility is lost.

Komisarek has been our best defensive Dman this year, leafs can't lose Bozie who would be tied in first for scoring as a C on your team.
Yes, it's common for teams to put their best blue liner on waivers.

Boston plans to waive Chara soon. Nashville will be waiving Shea Weber any day now.

Now I know you said defensive defenseman. That's why Ottawa is not planning to waive Karlsson, it has nothing to do with his injury.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Vander Teemuchuk

Funny bump thread. Hainsey has had to be our #3 (with a stretch at #2) D-man all year playing tons of minutes in all situations. And Komi is riding the bus in the A. Sometimes it's indeed nice to remind people in this forum that polished up turds are still just turds.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
And all credibility is lost.

Komisarek has been our best defensive Dman this year, leafs can't lose Bozie who would be tied in first for scoring as a C on your team.
Speaking of lost credibility.....

Old
03-21-2013, 10:44 PM
sully1410

Did someone seriously bump this to say I told you so?

That's awesome!

Old
03-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Did someone seriously bump this to say I told you so?

That's awesome!
I thought of the back and forth between myself and Phion when I saw Komi get sent to the A

Old
03-21-2013, 11:38 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 6159
To be fair, hindsight is 20:20. No one could have seen this coming

Old
03-21-2013, 11:47 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Necro bump for an "I told you so?"