HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs listening on Kessel?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:37 AM
gabeliscious

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Kassian is a very good starting point.

Any leaf fan who says Kassian + Schneider + for Kessel isn't atleast worth the look is crazy.

I still think Schneider will be the guy in Vancouver.

Lu + Kassian + 1st
for
Kessel + Bozak

----

Leafs fans need to realize that this deal would entice some upcoming FAs. If we stay our course, with no direction; why would anyone want to be apart of this fiasco.
why would the leafs move bozak? we are short enough centers as is. also, if nonis is moving kessel it means he is going into rebuild mode meaning the leafs will have even less use for loungo.

i dont see kessel getting moved to vancouver, i especially dont see him getting moved for loungo and/ or kassian. i cant see nonis moving his best chip for another winger. the point of moving kessel is that people claim you cant build a team around him. if you cant build a team around kessel you sure as **** cant build one around kassian

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Dark Passenger

Ryan O'Reilly and a 1st Rnd Pick for Kessel and Bozak.

Landeskog-Duchesne-Kessel would be a pretty strong line.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Fixed that for you.

The sane Leaf fans want him gone because they've realized that: a) you can't build a competitive team around him, and b) the team doesn't have the requisite talent level WITH KESSEL ON IT to even come close to competing for a play-off spot any time soon.

Not to mention that it's the best way for the organization to acquire the high-end young talent they so desperately need to actually improve the team's overall talent level.

Kessel's continued presence on the Leafs means continued mediocrity with no future success.. and what sane Leaf fan wants that?

I, for one, certainly don't want to continue to see this team mire itself in a seemingly endless cycle of mediocrity any longer when they have the means to improve themselves staring them in the face. Kessel (and some others) need to be moved NOW if this team is ever going to have success again.

The re-tooling method hasn't worked for this team for the past 40+ years and there's no reason whatsoever for any sane Leaf fan to believe it'll start to work now. It's time to commit to a proper rebuild and moving Kessel should be the first step toward that process.. and a much brighter future as well.
so you want this team to get better by trading it's only true sniper who is 25 and BY FAR it's best player? we could do that OR we could and i'm just throwing this out there. Keep the young players we do have in Kessel, JVR, Gardiner, Reilly, Frattin, Kadri our 1st rounder and keep building on it.

Perhaps if there were NO foundation on rhis team you might have a point Kessel, might be moveable BUT this team does infact have a VERY solid youth base by the looks of it and so taking the biggest part of that and moving it seems counter productive. Sure if an offer blows you away that is but that's the requirement.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
why would the leafs move bozak? we are short enough centers as is. also, if nonis is moving kessel it means he is going into rebuild mode meaning the leafs will have even less use for loungo.

i dont see kessel getting moved to vancouver, i especially dont see him getting moved for loungo and/ or kassian. i cant see nonis moving his best chip for another winger. the point of moving kessel is that people claim you cant build a team around him. if you cant build a team around kessel you sure as **** cant build one around kassian
I would be more than happy with giving Kadri more playing time.
1. Grabo 2. Kadri.

Mcclemment has played well and deserves the 3rd line.

The 4th line can have Steckel for now, unless any interest in trade. Then we Graduate a Center.

This year. Center is the least of our worries. If we are planning on rebuilding properly. I'd flip Bozak in a heartbeat if it meant Kadri getting more time.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
cwgatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Why? Gaborik is good value but he doesn't fit the Leafs age group. Besides, Gaborik for Kessel seems a bit of a sideways move for the Rangers. Makes no sense for them either especially considering that the 1st line for NY has been good.

The core, if Kessel is traded becomes:

Kadri
Lupul
JvR
Gardiner
Rielly
Phaneuf ---> I'd assume he's traded too, if Kessel is.
Whatever Kessel returns.
There is no great secret that the NYR love USA players. Just look at their top prospects. Torts coached Kessel in the olympics. Kessel fits the NYR mold more than Gabby. A sideways move, but Gabby is on Tort's crap list often.

Change of scenery for both.

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
so you want this team to get better by trading it's only true sniper who is 25 and BY FAR it's best player? we could do that OR we could and i'm just throwing this out there. Keep the young players we do have in Kessel, JVR, Gardiner, Reilly, Frattin, Kadri our 1st rounder and keep building on it.

Perhaps if there were NO foundation on rhis team you might have a point Kessel, might be moveable BUT this team does infact have a VERY solid youth base by the looks of it and so taking the biggest part of that and moving it seems counter productive. Sure if an offer blows you away that is but that's the requirement.
Problem is, Kessel and Phaneuf will be going into the final year of their contracts next season. Kessel has played very well in Toronto and has shown good improvement each year, but we have no idea how intent he is to remaining in Toronto, and if he does, what term and dollar value he is looking at. If he it looks like he wavering on staying in Toronto, I would be trading him sooner than later. As it progresses towards end of his current deal, his value will start to drop.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Just to add to this post. If Vancouver did this, even with a 2nd round pick as some Nucks fan suggested. It be an amazing move for Toronto imo.
Kassian + Schneider + Vancouver's 1st for Kessel + Reimer/Scrivens. Vancouver would need a good back up for Lu given that Lack is out 6 months.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
Problem is, Kessel and Phaneuf will be going into the final year of their contracts next season. Kessel has played very well in Toronto and has shown good improvement each year, but we have no idea how intent he is to remaining in Toronto, and if he does, what term and dollar value he is looking at. If he it looks like he wavering on staying in Toronto, I would be trading him sooner than later. As it progresses towards end of his current deal, his value will start to drop.
there has ZERO indications at this point or since he's been a Leaf that he wants out. IF that changes fine but right now seems like he's fine here and wants to re sign

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Kassian + Schneider + Vancouver's 1st for Kessel + Reimer/Scrivens. Vancouver would need a good back up for Lu given that Lack is out 6 months.
That deal is unreal good.

On our side it expresses the need, if we were actually looking to trade Phil. Not sure how nucks fans would see it.

Having a legit goalie in the fold, along with a young bull - add the 1st so everyone knows we are looking for youth.

If draft time we traded 25th-30th + 31st-35th and moved into the 1st a bit more to get someone we coveted. This trade excites me thinking about the possibilities .

Old
02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
There's only been one proposal originally from a Vancouver fan that was mildy intriguing and it was:

Cory Schneider
Zach Kassian
1st Round Pick

for

Phil Kessel

I've no interest in anyone else from that team.

Mike Richards for Phil Kessel straight up I would do in a heartbeat, but i'm not entirely certain LA would go for it.
Terrible, I mean terrible for Vancouver. Take out the first and I still don't do it.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Quote:
That deal is unreal good.

On our side it expresses the need, if we were actually looking to trade Phil. Not sure how nucks fans would see it.

Having a legit goalie in the fold, along with a young bull - add the 1st so everyone knows we are looking for youth.
It makes the Canucks better right now.

Solves the goaltending controversy.

Gives the Sedins a great sniper.

I'll be looking to trade Reimer along with Kessel for this deal, and not Scrivens.

02-07-2013, 10:55 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
I would characterize it the same way. And I think that's Corey is a nice centrepiece. While I am obviously on record as vociferously not wanting any part of Luongo, Schneider is a completely different kettle of fish, a young, highly talented goalie who could mature along with a young team. Along with Kassian/Jensen and a first/second round pick, that would be the deal I'd hope the Leafs would take if it were offered (I might try to keep the first in play by adding a Leaf prospect to the pot).

I think other teams are capable of beating that offer, but they would have to give up an elite forward prospect, preferably but not necessarily a centre (someone likely to eventually play on one of the first two lines), and a first round draft choice to do so. Kessel's not only a gifted sniper, he is still a gifted young sniper at 25. A potentially "big" piece needs to be coming back.
That's fine, I am just giving what I think to be the Canucks' best possible offer that doesn't give up significant roster pieces. We unfortunately have no elite forward prospects, but I'm sure other teams that have a surplus may be willing to part with them for established talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustacean View Post
I don't know if the Leafs would do this even with the 1st in the deal.

Schneider hasn't shown much in the NHL, outside of a handful of great performances, and appears to have lost his starting gig to Lu already this year.

Kassian doesn't project to be a top line talent... debatable if he will ever hit the top 6. I like him as a complementary player though.

Late 1st round pick...

I don't think I do this trade from a TOR point of view... especially if you want that 1st to turn into a 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schism View Post
Kessel is not worth Schneider and Kassian... if that's what Toronto wants, Van says no and moves on.
I guess there's always two opinions on trade proposals

I would say (and I'm trying to be objective) that Kassian is a second line guy that has a little chance to be better if he can work on his consistency issues. Schneider is a strong technical goalie that is very cool-headed and seems to be #1 goalie caliber if not for Luongo playing exceptional so far.

Quote:
Kassian is a very good starting point.

Any leaf fan who says Kassian + Schneider + for Kessel isn't atleast worth the look is crazy.

I still think Schneider will be the guy in Vancouver.

Lu + Kassian + 1st
for
Kessel + Bozak

----

Leafs fans need to realize that this deal would entice some upcoming FAs. If we stay our course, with no direction; why would anyone want to be apart of this fiasco.
That deal is very tempting, although I would prefer someone else over Bozak seeing as though we ok centre depth when Kesler is healthy (his faceoff % would help a ton though) but I feel that we won't be able to keep him past this year with Burrows' and Edler's contracts going up.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
I'd offer Read+1st+2nd for Kessel. Helps Toronto's building process with the two picks and gives them a good, young, cheap roster player.

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
I'd offer Read+1st+2nd for Kessel. Helps Toronto's building process with the two picks and gives them a good, young, cheap roster player.
You'd have a hard time topping some of the other offers here with that one. Couturier + 1st would have to be the ball park. (I know, you guys aren't that receptive to moving him)

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
I'd prefer sending the guy to the Western Conference.

Any deal with Philadelphia has to start with Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier

Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:07 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
It makes the Canucks better right now.

Solves the goaltending controversy.

Gives the Sedins a great sniper.

I'll be looking to trade Reimer along with Kessel for this deal, and not Scrivens.
What? Reimer is infinitely better than Scrivens and has been better than Schenider as well this season. If were dealing for Schenider its so they can tandem.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
That deal is very tempting, although I would prefer someone else over Bozak seeing as though we ok centre depth when Kesler is healthy (his faceoff % would help a ton though) but I feel that we won't be able to keep him past this year with Burrows' and Edler's contracts going up.
Being with Kessel and on a winning team, I don't see why Tyler wouldn't sign cheap. His Faceoffs alone would make him worth it for a rental in the playoffs; He goes against the best in the league and when he loses it's a muck draw.

Solid 3rd liner, that can play his ass off until Kesler returns.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Kassian won't be traded any time soon, and especially not for a player that epitomizes the exact opposite style trading for Kassian represented.

I don't mind trading Schneider++(eg Gaunce + 1st), but Kassian is simply untouchable at this point in time. He currently has the most goals on our team, and works very well with the Sedins.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

As a biased leafs fan.

Even I agree, Kassian + Schneid's is too much for Kessel.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:18 AM
LPH

Quote:
Being with Kessel and on a winning team, I don't see why Tyler wouldn't sign cheap. His Faceoffs alone would make him worth it for a rental in the playoffs; He goes against the best in the league and when he loses it's a muck draw.

Solid 3rd liner, that can play his ass off until Kesler returns.
With hearing Kesler's progression I think that he may be underused in the near future, but I am coming around to the idea. I would put him on the third line, but also put him out for defensive zone draws with Malhotra to ensure a good chance at getting it out. I know that this is a Kessel thread, but the Canucks lineup would look like....

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Kessel Kesler Booth
Schroeder Bozak Raymond
Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Although I would expect that Schroeder would be sent down to the AHL Higgins moved up and Malhotra being in that last spot (maybe Weise/Volpatti if we expected a rough game).

Old
02-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Schneider
Jensen
1st '13

is a good offer. But I think the Leafs can get something better.

Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:21 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Kassian won't be traded any time soon, and especially not for a player that epitomizes the exact opposite style trading for Kassian represented.

I don't mind trading Schneider++(eg Gaunce + 1st), but Kassian is simply untouchable at this point in time. He currently has the most goals on our team, and works very well with the Sedins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
As a biased leafs fan.

Even I agree, Kassian + Schneid's is too much for Kessel.
I guess you guys are higher on Kassian then I am, trading a borderline second line player with consistency issues to go along with his high potential and other attributes and a young goalie for a guy like Kessel would make me happy

Old
02-07-2013, 11:22 AM
LPH

Quote:
Schneider
Jensen
1st '13

Would rather Kassian be in there over Jensen, but I am in the minority of Canucks fans that think that imo

Old
02-07-2013, 11:29 AM
kihei

vCash: 0
Quote:
Schneider
Jensen
1st '13

You may be right, but I'd take it (and would assume Scrivens is part of the package).

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Would rather Kassian be in there over Jensen, but I am in the minority of Canucks fans that think that imo
I would too, but we'll be relying on ELCs like Kassian/Jensen to help fill out our depth cheaply.

I'd want to see, for 2013-2014

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Kessel
Raymond-Schroeder-Jensen
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Schneider + Gaunce + 1st is the most I'd offer at this point in time. I'm willing to slightly overpay(which it is, imo), but not acquire Kessel at huge overpayment. Let's see if anyone would top that offer before going overboard on offers.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote