HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

iginla at the deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2013, 08:32 AM
  #76
blinkman360
Back to Basics
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guido Central
Country: United States
Posts: 8,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Never going to happen.

Fans and management will keep him to the very bitter end. They will never do the smart thing and trade him, Kipper, Glencross and Tanguay for pics and rebuild.

Don't bother.
I agree with this. Even if Calgary is out of it at the deadline it would make sense to keep him. Iginla should spend his entire career on the Flames.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:43 AM
  #77
Lebda Snipes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maple Leaf Gardens
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Hossa was younger at the time, a lot younger than what Iginla is now.

1st + prospect

I'll note this would be a pure rental as I would think he resigns with, Calgary.
Agreed. 1st + good prospect sounds right. Sold to the right team might get you more. Iggy is a proven playoff player and an exceptional leader on and off the ice. Makes any cup contending teams top six much better. Only thing against him is his age. At 35 its hard to say if he can play his style of game for much longer.

Lebda Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:22 AM
  #78
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Nice post. Don't think they would take a D-man, I maybe wrong. I see him going to Philly or Washington cause those two teams want to win a cup really really bad .
I say Philly, Washington or san Jose. SJ is just as desperate to win a cup.

These three teams would be scary with iginla.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:29 AM
  #79
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Hossa return. Two NHL players+top prospect+1st.
There was also an NHL player coming back and he was the best NHL player in that deal besides Hossa, the prospect in that deal was far from a top prospect, he was a guy who fell about 25 spots in the draft because he had problems.

I think it will be like the Hossa deal, that is either Iginla and another player, a 3rd liner or botton 3 D for 2 3rd liners, a middle of the road prospect and a 1st or more likely it will be a 1st and a young player or good prospect, not a great prospect.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:55 AM
  #80
Luc Gretzky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
I think Iginla to LA at/near the deadline would be an amazing fit. Iggy would be reunited with Daryl Sutter, and would give the kings some fresh cup thirst. The Kings need a goal scorer, and Dean Lombardi is so picky about adding players with strong character... To me Iggy is a perfect fit.

The problem is we don't have much we can part with, or enough for Calgary to be overwhelmingly interested. Kings will start with Toffoli and Pearson off the table, but might be forced to lose one if they want to make the deal. No 2013 1st round pick available, which makes the 2014 pick that much more valuable to LA. Kings probably open trade talks by offering Vey/Bernier and a 2014 2nd pick, and I'm guessing that's not enough for Calgary to bite.

Any thoughts on Iggy to LA? I'd love to hear 'em.


Last edited by Luc Gretzky: 02-07-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Luc Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:01 AM
  #81
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Gretzky View Post
Kings will start with Toffoli and Pearson off the table
In what world are prospects of this caliber off the table Iginla?

One of them was passed over twice in the draft.

The Flames are loaded on goaltender prospects, no interest in Bernier.

To get Iginla, LA starts with Toffoli + 2014 and 2015 1st rounders.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:04 AM
  #82
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Gretzky View Post
I think Iginla to LA at/near the deadline would be an amazing fit. Iggy would be reunited with Daryl Sutter, and would give the kings some fresh cup thirst. The Kings need a goal scorer, and Dean Lombardi is so picky about adding players with strong character... To me Iggy is a perfect fit.

The problem is we don't have much we can part with, or enough for Calgary to be overwhelmingly interested. Kings will start with Toffoli and Pearson off the table, but might be forced to lose one if they want to make the deal. No 2013 1st round pick available, which makes the 2014 pick that much more valuable to LA. Kings probably open trade talks by offering Vey/Bernier and a 2014 2nd pick, and I'm guessing that's not enough for Calgary to bite.

Any thoughts on Iggy to LA? I'd love to hear 'em.
Toffoli and Pearson won't be off the table. If Flames move Iginla they will be targetting a '13 1st round pick as part of the return I'd imagine.

If Kings come looking for Iginla it will be because Sutter told Lombardi he wants/needs him, Lombardi won't be making non-roster players untouchable if that's the case.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:09 AM
  #83
Reclamation Project
LA to Tokyo
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 17,797
vCash: 592
I still don't see him going anywhere. They won't be in contention, but Feaster will say they are. However if I'm Jarome, how can you not say no to LA? If they have the pieces Calgary wants it's the perfect scenario. However, no way in hell does LA offer a 1st in 2014 and 2015, other pieces would need to be part of a deal.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:13 AM
  #84
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I still don't see him going anywhere. They won't be in contention, but Feaster will say they are. However if I'm Jarome, how can you not say no to LA? If they have the pieces Calgary wants it's the perfect scenario. However, no way in hell does LA offer a 1st in 2014 and 2015, other pieces would need to be part of a deal.
The Flames aren't looking to do a favour for the Kings.

LAs prospect pool is terrible after Toffoli, and he alone isn't worth much.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:16 AM
  #85
Reclamation Project
LA to Tokyo
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 17,797
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
The Flames aren't looking to do a favour for the Kings.

LAs prospect pool is terrible after Toffoli, and he alone isn't worth much.
Like I said, I don't believe he goes anywhere. If Calgary wants two first rounders, Dean hangs up the phone. We don't have a first this year. That would make three years without a first round pick. I think Jarome would work perfectly in LA, but I never see it happening because the deal wouldn't work on our end.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:39 AM
  #86
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 1303
Iggy to LA should have happened 2 years ago when it was Schenn + Simmonds + 1st.

I dont see a fit with LA now because they dont have the young forwards we would want anyways.

Plus i see him going East, out of Conference.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
  #87
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Nick Leddy and Saad/ first
Is that Leddy, Saad and a first? Or is it Leddy, Saad or a 1st? Really close if it's the second one, done if it's the first.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
  #88
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
All great deals. Teams will be desperate to push themselves over the top... I'd also take Forsberg from Washington for Iginla.
I wouldn't take Forsberg for Iginla. Not a chance. I would take Kuznetsov though.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:59 AM
  #89
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Iggy to LA should have happened 2 years ago when it was Schenn + Simmonds + 1st.

I dont see a fit with LA now because they dont have the young forwards we would want anyways.

Plus i see him going East, out of Conference.
Once a team is selling, it doesn't really matter as much where their rentals go. They have conceded defeat and want the best deal they can get.

Calgary always is fighting tooth and nail for 8th, so that hope will linger until the very end, just enough to keep Iginla in Calgary.

And yeah, LA is more likely in need of D this trade deadline, considering the rash of injuries they're experiencing to their defensive veteran guys.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:16 AM
  #90
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
I say Philly, Washington or san Jose. SJ is just as desperate to win a cup.

These three teams would be scary with iginla.
I doubt washington will be in on this unless they can turn things around in the next few weeks. They are brutally bad and could be looking forward to Jones or Mckinnon.

Giving that pick away + more would be horribad for them.

Philly or Pit is my guess....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:21 AM
  #91
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I doubt washington will be in on this unless they can turn things around in the next few weeks. They are brutally bad and could be looking forward to Jones or Mckinnon.

Giving that pick away + more would be horribad for them.

Philly or Pit is my guess....
To me, Philly doesn't have the assets. Laughton is the lone prospect worth anything. The farm system is one of the worst in the NHL - every scouting outlet thinks this. They ain't trading Courterier. Would you want a package to start with Brayden Schenn? Really?

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:22 AM
  #92
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
To me, Philly doesn't have the assets. Laughton is the lone prospect worth anything. The farm system is one of the worst in the NHL - every scouting outlet thinks this. They ain't trading Courterier. Would you want a package to start with Brayden Schenn? Really?
nope, I doubt Philly would offer that anyways

Probably Voracek and a few picks....if they are even interested. who knows......

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:24 AM
  #93
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
In what world are prospects of this caliber off the table Iginla?

One of them was passed over twice in the draft.

The Flames are loaded on goaltender prospects, no interest in Bernier.

To get Iginla, LA starts with Toffoli + 2014 and 2015 1st rounders.
for a rental have him retire there.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:30 AM
  #94
Penosity
Registered User
 
Penosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Hossa return. Two NHL players+top prospect+1st.
Hossa was 29.
Iginla is 35.

Penosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:33 AM
  #95
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,701
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Gretzky View Post
I think Iginla to LA at/near the deadline would be an amazing fit. Iggy would be reunited with Daryl Sutter, and would give the kings some fresh cup thirst. The Kings need a goal scorer, and Dean Lombardi is so picky about adding players with strong character... To me Iggy is a perfect fit.

The problem is we don't have much we can part with, or enough for Calgary to be overwhelmingly interested. Kings will start with Toffoli and Pearson off the table, but might be forced to lose one if they want to make the deal. No 2013 1st round pick available, which makes the 2014 pick that much more valuable to LA. Kings probably open trade talks by offering Vey/Bernier and a 2014 2nd pick, and I'm guessing that's not enough for Calgary to bite.

Any thoughts on Iggy to LA? I'd love to hear 'em.
Toffoli would have to be part of the package.

Toffoli & Deslauries & Conditional 2014 1st (if Kings make SCF or Iginla re-signs with LA, otherwise 3rd) for Iginla & Sarich/Babchuk

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
  #96
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Hossa was 29.
Iginla is 35.
Plus everyone knew Hossa wouldnt stay in Atlanta. Iggy will likely go straight back to Calgary in the summer.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:36 AM
  #97
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Hossa was 29.
Iginla is 35.
No offense, but a 29 year old Iginla was arguably the best player in the game. 29 year old Hossa wasn't. Iginla should return somewhere between a Tkachuk and Hossa return. Tkachuk returned Metropolit, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I don't think anyone thinks Iginla right now is worth what Hossa was, but he is better than a 36 year old Tkachuk was for sure.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
  #98
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Hossa was 29.
Iginla is 35.
What the poster you answered fails to realize - the two NHL roster players were spare parts (Colby Armonstrong and a shootout specialist in Eric Christiansen); the top prospect was Angelo Esposito and he wasn't Pittsburgh's top prospect at that time and was sliding.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:39 AM
  #99
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Plus everyone knew Hossa wouldnt stay in Atlanta. Iggy will likely go straight back to Calgary in the summer.
And this lowers the return a bit.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:42 AM
  #100
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
And this lowers the return a bit.
It didn't with Tkachuk. And Iginla doesn't necessarily go back at the end of the year. I don't think he'll move from Calgary, but I do think he'd resign if it was a good situation.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.