HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Ryan Callahan (2/5: Wearing full contact jersey in practice)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
  #527
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 19,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
@AGrossRecord: Ryan Callahan participating in line rushes on J.T. Miller's right wing with Chris Kreider on the left.
would LOVE to see this

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
  #528
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
@AGrossRecord: Ryan Callahan participating in line rushes on J.T. Miller's right wing with Chris Kreider on the left.
That sounds interesting!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:23 AM
  #529
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,559
vCash: 500
-Taylor Pyatt, Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik
-Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, Rick Nash
-Chris Kreider, JT Miller, Ryan Callahan
-Arron Asham, Jeff Halpern, Darroll Powe

Boyle in the dog house? Is Cally actually going to play 2nite? Hope he's not rushing it , was thinking Sunday though given that he's skating in a non contact

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:27 AM
  #530
Crease
Moderator
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,599
vCash: 500
Incredibly impressed if Callahan plays tonight. If you've ever dislocated your shoulder, you know its not as simple as popping it back.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:31 AM
  #531
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 9,161
vCash: 500
They did say 7-14 days.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:51 AM
  #532
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
I sure hope he plays tonight if he's healthy enough.Wearing him for tonight's game.

highandwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:59 AM
  #533
doncherrysgrill
-----
 
doncherrysgrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well there seemed to be some concern that this injury might require off-season surgery...I'm assuming that was not the case.
The biggest issue with this kind of injury is that even if it feels fine within a few weeks, without surgery there's a much higher risk of it happening again. Since it happened to me 4 years ago I've had the same thing happen 2 other times. Surgery now would be irresponsible because if it happens again it's basically the same exact amount of recovery time (2 weeks or so), but off-season surgery is a good idea to keep it in place better.

People have to remember this isn't a full dislocation, only partial. It looks and feels pretty much the same but recovery is much quicker and surgery is just a precaution to keep it from happening in the future.

doncherrysgrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:15 PM
  #534
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
The biggest issue with this kind of injury is that even if it feels fine within a few weeks, without surgery there's a much higher risk of it happening again. Since it happened to me 4 years ago I've had the same thing happen 2 other times. Surgery now would be irresponsible because if it happens again it's basically the same exact amount of recovery time (2 weeks or so), but off-season surgery is a good idea to keep it in place better.

People have to remember this isn't a full dislocation, only partial. It looks and feels pretty much the same but recovery is much quicker and surgery is just a precaution to keep it from happening in the future.
Thanks.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:16 PM
  #535
BlueshirtBlitz
Foolish Samurai
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 21,370
vCash: 500
I hope he doesn't play tentatively and looks as good as he does the game he ****ed his shoulder up.

Let's go captain!

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:23 PM
  #536
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 24,687
vCash: 500
I'm not sure it always even needs surgery, depending on the severity.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 PM
  #537
doncherrysgrill
-----
 
doncherrysgrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'm not sure it always even needs surgery, depending on the severity.
For the average person, it wouldn't need surgery. Within 3 weeks I was back to playing sports and still play hockey and lacrosse to this day, but I do deal with a lot more pain than I would if I would get surgery on it. Again, surgery is really just a preventive measure to keep it from happening again, and to keep the pain to a minimum on a day-to-day basis

doncherrysgrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.