HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Players in the Doghouse/Healthy Scratches Ongoing Thread (Goligoski)

Old
02-07-2013, 02:39 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
It's not that Penner is in the dog house. Dog house would mean he could work his way out. Penner has been just utter **** in LA and the only time he looked good were the 20 games that it took to win a cup. Every other time for us, he's been awful and nothing has changed this year.

Colin Fraser was too. Played like a minute and a half one game and might be scratched now.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:00 AM
ayoshi

NEAL AND NISKANEN FOR GOLIGOSKI lmfao

ayoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:03 AM
msrulo

Roman Hamrlik for the caps.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:10 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoshi View Post
NEAL AND NISKANEN FOR GOLIGOSKI lmfao
Yeah, that trade seemed blatantly one-sided then.

Now it just seems really stupid.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:36 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Other than the playoffs last year, Pennercakes has always been in the doghouse in LA.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
The SAME Yannick Weber that was offered all summer on these threads as trade bait that every other team in the NHL should be damn glad to trade for?? /sarc.

I think he would be a good option for a team needing a third pairing PMD. On the habs he's stuck behind guys who can do everything he can, only better in Markov, Subban and Diaz plus his press box mate, kaberle. The habs are just a team with great depth in that area. Ideally they should try to flip him for defensive d-man depth.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:19 AM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I think he would be a good option for a team needing a third pairing PMD. On the habs he's stuck behind guys who can do everything he can, only better in Markov, Subban and Diaz plus his press box mate, kaberle. The habs are just a team with great depth in that area. Ideally they should try to flip him for defensive d-man depth.
Please

Game G A Pts PIMs

41 1 10 11 22 2010-11
49 4 12 16 14 2011-12

He had his chance to cement his position, and was beaten out for the job. He was given even more of a chance than a Thomas Hickey, for example. His worth is pretty minor at this point, given what Loktionov and Lovejoy were traded for.

If you go back to the summer threads he was being pushed in pretty much every Canadian offer as a star in the making who just needed to find the right place.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1265183

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1045773

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1226655

His worth is MINOR at this point.

leeroggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
Please

Game G A Pts PIMs

41 1 10 11 22 2010-11
49 4 12 16 14 2011-12

He had his chance to cement his position, and was beaten out for the job. He was given even more of a chance than a Thomas Hickey, for example. His worth is pretty minor at this point, given what Loktionov and Lovejoy were traded for.

If you go back to the summer threads he was being pushed in pretty much every Canadian offer as a star in the making who just needed to find the right place.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1045773

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1226655

His worth is MINOR at this point.
Where did I say he was worth alot? I just think he's in the wrong place at the wrong time right now. I think a team could get him for cheap and get a steal by acquiring him. If I'm the Habs I'd try to get some defensive d-man depth (ie 6-7th guy).

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
cwgatti

Brian Boyle for Goligoski?

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:15 AM
cwgatti

...plus what?

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:07 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Goligoski is way too rich for the Rangers' blood.

Signed for way too long and he would be our highest paid defenseman.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:21 PM
caley

Mikael Granlund will be a healthy scratch tonight. He's definitely not in Mike Yeo's good graces, but he's much more likely to do a stint in the AHL then be traded.

Alex Kovalev will be a healthy scratch for Florida tonight.

02-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
Yeah you guys sure have it tough, being second in the league and all.

I know it sounds ridiculous on the surface, but Sharks fans have been down this road before with McLellan. The last few games we've seen the worst of his strategies come back to the forefront: Playing "seasoned veterans" like Murray, Clowe, and Handzus over younger, faster, more effective players, a horribly predictable PP, zero ability to adjust in-game, constant line juggling, etc. Boudreau is a much better coach in just about every facet of the game.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Man Dallas got hosed on that trade

Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Tripod

Can any Dallas fan tell me if Goligoski played with Grossmann at all and if so, how were they?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:08 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Can any Dallas fan tell me if Goligoski played with Grossmann at all and if so, how were they?
That's a combination that didn't happen much. I can hardly recall them playing together at all. Goligoski mainly played with either Larsen, Robidas, or Fistric. Honestly though, he probably should have played with Grossmann. He needs a bigger stay-at-home partner to be his most effective. Our D pairs rarely make any kind of sense.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:19 PM
HawksTillDeath

i am a big fan of this thread

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
That's a combination that didn't happen much. I can hardly recall them playing together at all. Goligoski mainly played with either Larsen, Robidas, or Fistric. Honestly though, he probably should have played with Grossmann. He needs a bigger stay-at-home partner to be his most effective. Our D pairs rarely make any kind of sense.
And that was my thinking as well. What would Dallas be looking for in a trade with Philly?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Well he was injured for much of last season, when he did come back, the Oilers had other guys on the power play in his place and he complained about losing his spot and was generally negative. Ralph Krueger (Before he was to be Head Coach) called Whitney on it in their post-season meetings and said that he was disappointed in him. Whitney said it hurt to hear that so he wanted to come back with a positive attitude, and it seems like he has, but his game hasn't come with him. He looks slow, indecisive with the puck, and generally just gets lost in his own zone (He lost Jagr in overtime, who went around him and scored the OT winner tonight). I saw one writer (Forget whom) who said he thinks the biggest problem is Krueger wants an uptempo, quick strike team and Whitney is more suited to slowly bringing the puck up and thinking his way through. I could honestly seem him moved as he's an impending UFA, but it would have to be a D-man coming back.
I agree with this assessment 100%. He would be more productive in a system like DET where they seem more intent on puck possession and stretch plays than having Dmen rush it up the ice. There is no doubt Whitney has noticeably lost a step. The only problem is, I'm not sure what type of deal is out there.

Maybe a deal with DET for Quincey?

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Jimbo7200

I'd like Goligoski on the Wings, but I have no idea what he'd cost us.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:55 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Kyle Wellwood once again, he is one of my favourite players since his Windsor Spitfire days and would love to see him put it back togeather and get going...
The only think Kyle Wellwood will ever excel at is putting together a two piece chicken meal at KFC.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:56 PM
HABSFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Lars Eller is in the doghouse.
He was for a couple games.. but has been playing pretty good of late on the 4th line for us. Not sure if they are showcasing or what. When he's on his game though, he deserves better then 4th line duties.

HABSFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:34 PM
caley

-Brian Boyle was a healthy scratch last night for the Rangers. Tortorella did not mince words when discussing him either: "I hope he's miserable tonight. I hope he never puts me in this position again. Brian has done squat. Other guys will be held accountable, too. We'll start here."

-Ryan White is almost certainly in Michel Therrien's doghouse, as well. In Montreal's 5-1 loss to Ottawa on Jan. 31, he took a bad penalty, mouthed off to the ref and was given another penalty while the game was tied 1-1, Ottawa scored on both power-plays and the game was never in doubt again. Last night, after being a healthy scratch for 3-4 games, he got back into the lineup and again took 4 minutes in penalties trying to go after Steve Ott, which allowed Buffalo to score and get within 1 goal after being down 4-2. Michel Therrien met with White for quite a while today and wouldn't comment on the meeting. White said "I'm an emotional player and my heart led me to a bad decision last night... I'm a bad boy, I guess." I wouldn't be surprised if White was on waivers before long at this pace.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Dharvey33

Pretty safe bet to assume Ryan White is in the doghouse and he will probably be euthanized too.

Trade bait probably with Weber, Eller, Desharnais picks.

Bergevin will probably move soon we are a fringe playoffs team that lack size and grit at the center position.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Vitto79

both J. Jokinen and Setogucci are sucking..........trade for each other to shake things up? they both make 3 million and have one yr left

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote