HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Severe Weather Discussion

Old
02-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Stay safe everyone!!

02-07-2013, 12:31 PM
MTK

I ll be driving to my house in VT during the storm. They are looking like almost 2 feet.

Can't wait.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:36 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I ll be driving to my house in VT during the storm. They are looking like almost 2 feet.

Can't wait.
If you're hell bent on going up there, I would suggest you leave today rather than tomorrow during the storm. It would be crazy to drive tomorrow night, it's supposed to be 2-3 inches/hour - especially since you'll be driving right through it.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:38 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
Stay safe everyone!!
Nice new Username!!

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Bones45

the rain snow line, as usual, is going to make a big diff in how much snow LI gets.. eastern LI will get more than western nassau.. its just a challenge as to how much more.

I think 3-6 is an easy call. but eastern LI could be 12" or so.. and then varying lesser #"s, as you head back west.

of course.. if the rain/mixing is lasts longer than anticipated, then lesser amounts across the board will happen.

CT and MA areas will get blasted as they have no mixing concerns and as you go south from NYC, you will get less and less.

Can someone take me to Key West?

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:47 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Looking towards Monday it says high of 43 and rain so it looks like will just be here on a weekend visit.

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:55 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

The whole storm is a ploy by Neil Sheehy in attempt to have Visnovsky's scheduled first game with the Islanders get snowed out. Visnovsky then complains about the NHL treating him poorly and canceling games in an effort to not let him play, then he files a lawsuit with the NHLPA to try to have his contract voided.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
The whole storm is a ploy by Neil Sheehy in attempt to have Visnovsky's scheduled first game with the Islanders get snowed out. Visnovsky then complains about the NHL treating him poorly and canceling games in an effort to not let him play, then he files a lawsuit with the NHLPA to try to have his contract voided.
Incorrect.

It's SO obvious, that this is DP's fault, its comical.

Anyone who says otherwise, is a Kvasha-lovah.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Can't wait.
Where in VT do you have a house if you dont mind my asking? I work out of new york but most of my tuesdays and thursdays are spent in VT? where I live in the adirondacks were expecting a foot + going to enjoy watching it start to snow out my window watching tonight's game

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:43 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Now that Nemo is here, stay safe everyone. Don't take any unnecessary risks tonight.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Now that Nemo is here, stay safe everyone. Don't take any unnecessary risks tonight.
But i have game tonight.
my team needs me!

Fantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:59 AM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Jim Cantore has arrived up here already. He's chillin in the Boston Common. Clearly we are Fed up here in MA. I just hope we don't lose power. I have two one year olds to look after.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Chardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDirt View Post
Jim Cantore has arrived up here already. He's chillin in the Boston Common. Clearly we are Fed up here in MA. I just hope we don't lose power. I have two one year olds to look after.

Uh oh. You know you're in trouble when Jim Cantore arrives.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:42 PM
lorwood

Well the Weather channel seems to be already scaling the whole thing back for Long Island now saying that NYC will get the most snow along with the extreme north shore of the Island. The rain will last longer and they seem to think 6"-12" instead of the 18"-20" they were pumping up just a few hours ago.

http://www.weather.com/video/blizzar...ortheast-33564

lorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Woke up in Queens to huge flakes coming down. Then at work in Manhattan it's been freezing rain up until a half hour ago. Now its snow and probably will be for the rest of this storm.

I'm seeing Book of Mormons tonight. I hope i'm not trapped in Manhattan. Rumor is they have the subways on standby to shutdown around 6-7 o'clock tonight if gets bad.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:52 PM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
Well the Weather channel seems to be already scaling the whole thing back for Long Island now saying that NYC will get the most snow along with the extreme north shore of the Island. The rain will last longer and they seem to think 6"-12" instead of the 18"-20" they were pumping up just a few hours ago.

http://www.weather.com/video/blizzar...ortheast-33564
I'm 30 minutes west of Boston and they ramped up the totals for us. we are looking at about 3'. Anyone caught driving after four is looking at a fine or night in jail. This state is on lockdown for the next 24 hrs.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:59 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
The media has of course once again been ridiculous with this thing.

Down in PA, we're expecting maybe 4-6 inches, what's just a run of the mill snow total. But you'd think we were the ones getting 3 feet by the way they're hyping this thing. Naming snowstorms is so beyond dumb, it just creates so much unnecessary hysteria. I can only imagine that the TV weather guys in Boston and Burlington are running around with "The End is Near!" signs.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:08 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post

Down in PA, we're expecting maybe 4-6 inches, what's just a run of the mill snow total. But you'd think we were the ones getting 3 feet by the way they're hyping this thing. Naming snowstorms is so beyond dumb, it just creates so much unnecessary hysteria. I can only imagine that the TV weather guys in Boston and Burlington are running around with "The End is Near!" signs.
Well, I hope that's the case because Boston and the surrounding area was always projected to be the hardest hit from this storm. When the forecast is nearing 3 feet of snow, you're going to get pounded whether or not it hits the projected numbers. 18 inches of snow still sucks.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post

Thank the idiots at the Weather Channel for that.

Homeland Security is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
So we decided to leave for DC a day early hit rain all through jersey but once outside of Baltimore (about two hours ago) rain pretty much stopped.. So happy we got out when we did definitely wouldn't have made it tomorrow. Had to wait on line for gas today I guess the hurricane, understandably, put some fear into them cause a lot of stations by us were either out of regular or had lines.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:58 PM
lorwood

well this storm sure is a tale of two long islands

left from work in farmingdale where it was raining with some mix in but no accumulations

drove along south shore southern pkwy to sunrise heading home out east rain the entire way.

headed north in yapank towards home in ridge

got on lie to exit 68 where i hit a literal wall of snow,white out conditions and rapidly accumulating snow

Really you could stand in one place and on one side it would be pouring rain and the other it was blizzard conditions.

I sit in my den and there is already three or four inches and it is coming down fast and hard!

lorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:38 PM
CDirt

Quote:

left from work in farmingdale where it was raining with some mix in but no accumulations

drove along south shore southern pkwy to sunrise heading home out east rain the entire way.

got on lie to exit 68 where i hit a literal wall of snow,white out conditions and rapidly accumulating snow

Really you could stand in one place and on one side it would be pouring rain and the other it was blizzard conditions.

I sit in my den and there is already three or four inches and it is coming down fast and hard!
I think the worst of it doesn't start by us till about 9 PM. Was just outside about an hour ago and the wind just starting to pick up. Snow kinda stings when it hits you in the face.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:44 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDirt View Post
I think the worst of it doesn't start by us till about 9 PM. Was just outside about an hour ago and the wind just starting to pick up. Snow kinda stings when it hits you in the face.
Over here in Watertown, it's actually not too bad right now. Lull before storm, I guess.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Quote:

Same, I live in Coram and its been all snow, a little mixing in the morning but besides that all snow.

Groot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:02 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
Incorrect.

It's SO obvious, that this is DP's fault, its comical.

Anyone who says otherwise, is a Kvasha-lovah.
Wow, you guys are really bad at ignoring the obvious.

It's a snowstorm. SNOWstorm. Quite clear who the real culprit is - Mr. Snow himself.

He can hide his name in plain sight and Islanders fans will still blame Visno and DP

In all seriousness though, everyone stay safe.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote