HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Hennessy

Old
02-07-2013, 08:58 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Josh Hennessy

I always liked him as a prospect and didn't feel like he got a fair shake in Ottawa. I see he is a free agent playing in the KHL and scoring fairly well over there as his team's 2nd leading scorer behind Alexander Korolyuk. If he is a free agent, then why not give him a look? He would fit well in our top 9.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
ChicagoBlues

No one else is willing to "say" the obvious, but I will.

The Blues do not have any room whatsoever for Hennessy. If someone can show me that I am wrong, then I am more than willing to "listen".

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:18 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

If our biggest issue is having a true center, then I believe that you can make room for him. I don't see where Schwartz or D'Agostini have claimed that 9th spot to this point. Sobotka, I like on my 4th line but not necessarily on my 3rd. Steen as many have stated is not a productive center, and could be freed to a wing. Schwartz can be sent down to make room. I'm just thinking outside the box on possibly filling our center issue without losing any depth. I don't see where we have an obvious problem with him fitting in our top 9. I only see 8 guys that have a hold on those spots. Seeing how Hitchcock is floating Sobotka in with Berglund and Stewart, he must not be all that confident in Schwartz or D'Agostini either.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Sure, statistically he might seem like a nice fit, but we just have no room for him, and if we were to shopping for a top nine player, we would avoid the troubles and risk and sign one from the NHL.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
If our biggest issue is having a true center, then I believe that you can make room for him. I don't see where Schwartz or D'Agostini have claimed that 9th spot to this point. Sobotka, I like on my 4th line but not necessarily on my 3rd. Steen as many have stated is not a productive center, and could be freed to a wing. Schwartz can be sent down to make room. I'm just thinking outside the box on possibly filling our center issue without losing any depth. I don't see where we have an obvious problem with him fitting in our top 9. I only see 8 guys that have a hold on those spots. Seeing how Hitchcock is floating Sobotka in with Berglund and Stewart, he must not be all that confident in Schwartz or D'Agostini either.
And you think he would be confident in Hennessy over those 2?

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Bring him in on a 2 way deal. If he makes the club, awesome, if not, Peoria gets an offensive player.

Randall Ritchey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:56 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Bring him in on a 2 way deal. If he makes the club, awesome, if not, Peoria gets an offensive player.
That's kind of my thought. He can either play himself into a job or out of one. Right now the Blues can't win face offs and drastically need a center. Who knows? He could just be a very late bloomer or using a baseball term...a AAAA player, but not a major leaguer. Just a low risk move without trading assets.

Do I think he would be confident in Hennessy? I don't know. I just see Hitchcock trying to figure out who can play that position. Steen got moved over to the wing last night.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:03 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 50
let's say the Blues sign Hennessy, he would have to clear waivers yes? someone would put a claim in probably.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:54 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
let's say the Blues sign Hennessy, he would have to clear waivers yes? someone would put a claim in probably.
Good question... He's a free agent to my understanding. He only had a one year deal with Boston. If a player comes over from the KHL, then they have to clear waivers for the big club? I would think only, if they sent him down. Otherwise, no one would try to bring in free agents from overseas.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:26 AM
STL fan in IA

Yes, he would have to clear waivers to join the Blues mid-season (not to mention he would also need to somehow get out of his KHL contract to even sign with an NHL team) and no, he would in no way help the Blues IMO. He was an ok AHLer last season and is having an ok KHL season so far this season. I seriously doubt he's on any NHL teams' radar, especially a team with a lot of offensive depth like the Blues.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote