Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Haha, that would be like a religious person going against his religion!

Im a freakin hypocrite, I know

Plus, us Nucker fans are known for being overconfident ....
I thought they were like most canadian fans seeing catastrophy in no time?
But maybe they start overconfident, then getting melodramatic and back and forth from there!

Old
02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Robin Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yeah - no patience in hockey mad Canada! But at least he is on the positive note now!
Yeah unlike the Danes in this thread? Sorry, but I have rarely witnessed a bigger display of impatience before. The sky has truly been falling when the Danes have not produced at PPG or been given 15+ minutes of ice time. But that's fine, we all hope the best for our countrymen.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
Yeah unlike the Danes in this thread? Sorry, but I have rarely witnessed a bigger display of impatience before. The sky has truly been falling when the Danes have not produced at PPG or been given 15+ minutes of ice time. But that's fine, we all hope the best for our countrymen.
I know - but ours were realistic discussions based on cold facts and less on emotion
We certainly hope the best.....

Old
02-07-2013, 01:18 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
Well after you felt a need to call me out like a real pal on the Sens board, I guess it's clear you don't understand sarcasm allot?

This board is assessing players based on single games, like taking the temp, is that hard to understand? Or are you just here to be a condescending jerk?

Oh I better not write anything, or you might call me out again somewhere else, completely out of context.

You know it's A-ok you don't agree/understand or like me, but there are better ways to do it than going after the man!

Geez

Old
02-07-2013, 01:19 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
I thought they were like most canadian fans seeing catastrophy in no time?
But maybe they start overconfident, then getting melodramatic and back and forth from there!
Yeah, we are basically all pretty much bipolar

Old
02-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Bank

Jebuz you'd think suggesting a hockey trade could benefit anybody was like predicting the end of the world mayan style

Old
02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Jebuz you'd think suggesting a hockey trade could benefit anybody was like predicting the end of the world mayan style
I know, I felt like a freakin criminal with the guy calling me out an all. He even called me childish?

It'l be a while before I voice my opinion outside this and the nuck board again, tired of people like him feeling a need to protect the danish name.. Oh god forbid anybody should display behaviour that could embarrass other danes...

That, and im not even 100% danish..

Old
02-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Justinov

Quote:
This board is assessing players based on single games, like taking the temp,
Exactly....so for people who read here once in a while could? get a wrong impression, but IT IS BASED ON THAT PARTICULAR PERFORMANCE and how the response is from their team, coach & fans on how they have performed so far etc...it's not something we invent out of the air.
No dane in NHL is a star...some are solid and some are borderline.
A statement that "they will be OK" or "nothing to worry about" is sometimes seriously underestimating the competition they have in the NHL clubs. Pro sport is based on lack of patience. "If you don't perform others will philosophy".

Old
02-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Justinov

Quote:
I know, I felt like a freakin criminal with the guy calling me out an all. He even called me childish?

It'l be a while before I voice my opinion outside this and the nuck board again, tired of people like him feeling a need to protect the danish name.. Oh god forbid anybody should display behaviour that could embarrass other danes...

That, and im not even 100% danish..
Proof of Jantelov: If they are after you..its because you are somebody
Well dont worry....I'm 1/8 swedish (but still chose the Danish NT in Lacrosse )

Old
02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Proof of Jantelov: If they are after you..its because you are somebody
Well dont worry....I'm 1/8 swedish (but still chose the Danish NT in Lacrosse )
Only explanation, I would never call out a person like that..

Haha, great great! Didn't even know Denmark had a lacrosse team

Old
02-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Only explanation, I would never call out a person like that..

Haha, great great! Didn't even know Denmark had a lacrosse team
Well I was the first (to my knowledge at least) that ever trained a group of people (I think we were 11) with lacrosse sticks back in Valby in 2001 when we made Copenhagen Lacrosse. Played EC-B in Salzburg 2003 and EC in Prague 2004, after that I stopped because of lack of time. So played 9 NT matches and scored against Latvia (hehe).

Old
02-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Bank

With the Danes not being discussed very much until now perhaps people is still a bit sensitive about a favorite player being picked at, so people start reading to much into things...

Should this thread continue hopefully the respect will grow and ideas will be meet with more composed serious answers.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:53 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
With the Danes not being discussed very much until now perhaps people is still a bit sensitive about a favorite player being picked at, so people start reading to much into things...

Should this thread continue hopefully the respect will grow and ideas will be meet with more composed serious answers.
Agreed, but my little Regin comment was in know way sensitivity towards him being picked at, I was merely commenting that I would never understand why fans would bully their own players?

I would never dirty talk a Nuck player like that, Regin is not on my team. So im not really sensitive to his situation, As I do think he has been bad. I was just commenting contextualy to the thread on the Sens board and the OP's purpose of the thread being kinda run of track.

And the I get attacked..

Old
02-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Justinov

Quote:

Yeah that could be....never been a "fanboy" so I didn't think of that.
Well you can never avoid the unthoughtful statement on an open board, but we can try to counter it by knowlegde and seriousness.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:56 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Well I was the first (to my knowledge at least) that ever trained a group of people (I think we were 11) with lacrosse sticks back in Valby in 2001 when we made Copenhagen Lacrosse. Played EC-B in Salzburg 2003 and EC in Prague 2004, after that I stopped because of lack of time. So played 9 NT matches and scored against Latvia (hehe).
Haha Awesome! so we have a Danish Lacrosse star onboard

I played hockey as a kid in Canada, never good enough to make anything out of it I did play at a competitive level as a kid though

Old
02-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Haha Awesome! so we have a Danish Lacrosse star onboard

I played hockey as a kid in Canada, never good enough to make anything out of it I did play at a competitive level as a kid though
I would only go as far as third line midfield when playing EC (we had some danes over from US on our team - John Hopkins and Pittsburgh, one canadian choosing our NT and one danish-canadian)....but on team is on team But so cool to stand with your helmet listening to the national anthem and seeing the flag go up!
I can recommend it

Old
02-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Bank

Quote:
Agreed, but my little Regin comment was in know way sensitivity towards him being picked at, I was merely commenting that I would never understand why fans would bully their own players?

I would never dirty talk a Nuck player like that, Regin is not on my team. So im not really sensitive to his situation, As I do think he has been bad. I was just commenting contextualy to the thread on the Sens board and the OP's purpose of the thread being kinda run of track.

And the I get attacked..
Haters gonna hate... Some see a poster, some see an argument. First kinda people go for the man, second kinda people go after the ball(To translate a Danish metaphor). People will be people.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:44 PM
LarsEller

Hey guys. I feel like i need to clarify some things regarding Eller. First off im a big Montreal fan, so i have watched every single game Lars has played for Mtl.

It seems like some of you think that Eller is in the "doghouse" is Mtl. That is not the case. Last year our coach Jacques Martin had Eller playing as our 3rd line C for almost the entire season AS A SHUTDOWN center. Hes line was expected to play a defense first kinda game against top opposition almost every game. Ellers + Plekanecs line was matched against our opponents top lines constantly so that our 1īst line could play mostly against weaker lines.

Jacques had a longterm plan regarding Eller which was to teach him how to play responsible hockey at first. The main reason for his not so impressive stats is that he played with wingers with ZERO offensive upside, almost always started his shifts in the defensive zone and only played on the Pk. No PP time whatsoever.

Also i dont think anyone could have predicted the emergence of David Desharnais. He kinda came out of nowhere, and all of a sudden he was our most productive center. Secondly David D is ridiciously small, so he has to play top 6 since he cant play a checking/energy game.

In this years draft we picked up Alex Galchenyuk who played himself on the team instantly. That leaves Mtl with 4 top 6 centers. Tomas Plekanec, David Desharnais, Alex Galchenyuk and Lars Eller. The problem is that both David desharnais and Galchenyuk cant play in a 3rd/4th line role due to inexperience/size. And Plekanec is a proven veteran that has earned a top 6 spots over many seasons. So basically Eller is just unlucky that hes got the size and plays a really good 2 way game.

In regards to the benching of Eller after the first game. I, like many of you thought it was a weird decision. He had a bad game, but so did everyone else. My theory is that it was a bit random that Eller got picked out. No coack would bench a Veteran after 1 bad game, and u cant really blame Rookies like Galchenyuk and Gallagher, so that leaves a guy like Eller. Maybe Therrien just wanted to send a message to the team as a whole, that there would be no free rides?

Lastly a lot of habs posters still consider Eller to be a big talent, and thinks its just a matter of time before he will get his final breakout. Including me. He has played really well the last couple og games, and is being expected to play either 1īst or 2īnd line Tonight against Buffalo. Lets hope he can keep playing solid.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:08 PM
LarsEller

Also i forgot to write that the new Habs gm Marc Bergevin was contacted by several teams wanting to talk about the possibility of acquiring Eller. Bergevin said that he was not interested in trading Eller until he knew exactly what he "had" in Eller. So dont expect him to be dealt unless some team decides to overpay

Old
02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
LarsEller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
The fact that Larsen is a brilliant hockey player and has a good head on his shoulders. He'll get through this and come out better than before

I don't see any problem in Ellers situation. For me, this is all part of the natural development of hockey players. Not all players can be like Steven Stamkos and just produce like crazy from the get go.

This was a little over 1 year ago, and everyone was praising Eller.

You can't judge the development of a player on 10 game stretches, you have to look at the bigger picture. In Finland he was one of the best producing players. Now in the NHL, it seems that he has some adjustments he has to make with the new coach and so on. I have faith, and don't start calling for a trade after 11 games - that's completely nonsense!
Completily agree! Good post

Old
02-07-2013, 04:33 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

I would refer you too the post's above... But it seems people are hellbent on ignoring the fact that they are not supposed be taking what we write in this thread completely serious!

Please guys, give it a rest! We know it's not as bad as we are making it seem, but I kinda think we are making that quite clear aswell.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 02-07-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
LarsEller

Quote:
I would refer you too the post's above... But it seems people are hellbent on ignoring the fact that they are not supposed be taking what we write in this thread completely serious!

Please guys, give it a rest! We know it's not as bad as we are making it seem, but I kinda think we are making that quite clear aswell.
Im not taking it too serious. Just thought id give my take on his situation in Mtl

Old
02-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsEller View Post
Hey guys. I feel like i need to clarify some things regarding Eller. First off im a big Montreal fan, so i have watched every single game Lars has played for Mtl.

It seems like some of you think that Eller is in the "doghouse" is Mtl. That is not the case. Last year our coach Jacques Martin had Eller playing as our 3rd line C for almost the entire season AS A SHUTDOWN center. Hes line was expected to play a defense first kinda game against top opposition almost every game. Ellers + Plekanecs line was matched against our opponents top lines constantly so that our 1īst line could play mostly against weaker lines.

Jacques had a longterm plan regarding Eller which was to teach him how to play responsible hockey at first. The main reason for his not so impressive stats is that he played with wingers with ZERO offensive upside, almost always started his shifts in the defensive zone and only played on the Pk. No PP time whatsoever.

Also i dont think anyone could have predicted the emergence of David Desharnais. He kinda came out of nowhere, and all of a sudden he was our most productive center. Secondly David D is ridiciously small, so he has to play top 6 since he cant play a checking/energy game.

In this years draft we picked up Alex Galchenyuk who played himself on the team instantly. That leaves Mtl with 4 top 6 centers. Tomas Plekanec, David Desharnais, Alex Galchenyuk and Lars Eller. The problem is that both David desharnais and Galchenyuk cant play in a 3rd/4th line role due to inexperience/size. And Plekanec is a proven veteran that has earned a top 6 spots over many seasons. So basically Eller is just unlucky that hes got the size and plays a really good 2 way game.

In regards to the benching of Eller after the first game. I, like many of you thought it was a weird decision. He had a bad game, but so did everyone else. My theory is that it was a bit random that Eller got picked out. No coack would bench a Veteran after 1 bad game, and u cant really blame Rookies like Galchenyuk and Gallagher, so that leaves a guy like Eller. Maybe Therrien just wanted to send a message to the team as a whole, that there would be no free rides?

Lastly a lot of habs posters still consider Eller to be a big talent, and thinks its just a matter of time before he will get his final breakout. Including me. He has played really well the last couple og games, and is being expected to play either 1īst or 2īnd line Tonight against Buffalo. Lets hope he can keep playing solid.
Great post! The historical context is not unknown but might be forgotten and even though we reach different conclusions I can see where you're coming from.

Dunno about the others but my own reasons for seeing a trade benefiting Lars Eller is the highlighted part. It's not a knock on Lars Eller but a simple matter of numbers.

And while his PK-time is up, nobody is surprised that he's good defensively i think. But the what's lacking is a spot as a top 9-forwards - because as we've seen he has the offensive talent for it. Both this year and last year he's proven that.

None for those guys mentioned are getting to old the next 2-3 years. Plekanec at 30 is the oldest. So there no sign of a spot coming from within the Montreal depth chart the next couple of years. The judges are still out on whether Montreal could try him permanently as a wing, but the last match suggest not. Unless somebody's moved he's kinda stuck going nowhere.

Since other teams are in need of Eller's ability - the combination of defensive abilities and offensive skill - there might be a return somewhere that could make another team, Montreal and Lars Eller happy as I see it.

The doghouse was the scratching - which is over. He's out of it. But it's the young(/younger) players ahead of him and his current position in on the depth chart that is making the situation improvable to me. He could be a third liner on many teams... so why not hope that he'd be?

That leads me to the underlined part. If that's true and it's permanent - than the hole trade-thing is of course irrelevant. But pr. the Montreal boards GDT he's on the fourth line again. If that's the case then I'm kinda sticking to me idea that he might be better of somewhere else. Cause that breakout... it ain't gonna come being on the 4th line He's better than that.

Hope to see him keep his slaughter of the Sabres again tonight

Last edited by Bank: 02-07-2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: italic in a quote is kinda pointless
Old
02-07-2013, 09:44 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Hansen just scored a beauty on a breakaway against MIN.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Bank

5 out 6 Danes on ice with a goal and an assist to show for it. Only Vancouver got a win out of it.

Boedker: 11g, 2+6=8p, +3
Frans Nielsen: 10g, 0+8=8p, -1
Jannik Hansen 10g, 2+4=6p, +5
Lars Eller 8g, 1+2=3p, -1
Peter Regin 11g, 0+2=2p, -1
Philip Larsen: 7g, 1+0=1p, -2

Closed Thread