HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 03:54 PM
  #751
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Lahm is better than either Barca or RM have right now, Dante's playing as well as anyone on either of those squads and Alaba is one of the world's best young FBs in europe and just as good as Alba. Hell even Boateng's really broken out this year with Dante next to him to do the thinking for him. Would Bayern be better with Silva next to Dante? Sure, but they'd look even more betterer with Falcao up front. The defense has been absolutely astounding for Bayern and definitely not as big of a need as a better striker. Dante has simply transformed them this year, they're no longer susceptible on the counter or to corners.
Let's say that is the case, and I wouldn't say that, it's nominal at best. I'll stick with Alves-Alba.

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 04:16 PM
  #752
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Born in Algeria, but was trained by PSG; PSG sent him to Lyon, but they got rid of him as well
Hmm not quite.
He came through PSG ranks but left at 15. With the U16 nationals, he scored 13 of his team's 15 goals attracting the interest of pretty much every L1 team.
Lyon gave him the most money.

Serious attitude problems though.

EDIT : Oh yeah and the guy went through every french national selections before choosing Algeria (yeah like Boudebouz) but at least he was born and lived in Algeria for a long time.

Evilo is online now  
Old
02-05-2013, 04:39 PM
  #753
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
yeah I'd say Lewandowski > Mandzukic for now as well.

Schalkenullvier* is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 04:49 PM
  #754
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I love you cgf, but you tend to overrate Bundesliga players.

Lahm and Badstuber are good players no doubt. I even consider Boateng underrated, but you can find good defenders who can replace him or Alaba with Lewandowski's transfer price. I think Mandzukic is a really good striker, so maybe you can sell him to make room for Lew and use Mandzukic's transfer money for a defender. I still think Bayern needs another one to compete against the Barcas and RMs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Lahm is better than either Barca or RM have right now, Dante's playing as well as anyone on either of those squads and Alaba is one of the world's best young FBs in europe and just as good as Alba. Hell even Boateng's really broken out this year with Dante next to him to do the thinking for him. Would Bayern be better with Silva next to Dante? Sure, but they'd look even more betterer with Falcao up front. The defense has been absolutely astounding for Bayern and definitely not as big of a need as a better striker. Dante has simply transformed them this year, they're no longer susceptible on the counter or to corners.
Yeah, that Bayern needs a defender thing is a pretty popular urban myth in soccer circles. We could probably use one right now more than we could in the summer, with Badstuber out for another few months and Kirchoff still in Mainz. There's also Martinez who can play very formidable in there. I think enough has been said about Dante, and Boateng has really played great this year. And even without Dante, and Martinez stabilizing the defensive midfield, and Alaba with less experience in that position, I would like to point out that we have been competing with Real quite nicely last season.

But the main point is that while I don't really see a ton of a need for Lewandowski, it would be a much better deal to spend the money on him than to bring someone in an attempt to upgrade Alaba. For once, I don't think any player that's actually an upgrade on Alaba is available for that price, let alone a player that age, that oozes of potential (while already being outstanding). There's few guys in the world at his position that I'd take over when it comes to a current level of play / age ratio. We'll probably be looking to upgrade on a backup for him, but that isn't going to be "Lewandowski" money.

Anyway, I'm not buying the Lewandowski rumors for now. The only one that can make this happen is Lewandowski himself. Dortmund will rightfully try to handle it the very same way as Leverkusen did with Vidal and try all they can to not let him go to Bayern. The only way they would is if Lewandowski tells them straigth up, well, that's where I will go and only there, so if I'll play another year here in Dortmund and go to Bayern after that, that's good for me, but I won't sign anywhere else. If he sells Dortmund on that, I can see them taking Bayern's money before letting him go for free the year after. But I don't really believe that Lewandowski will want to go to Bayern that badly to really sell Dortmund that. Bayern's probably a nice option for him, but I'm sure there'll be others, and in the end, I'd expect him to make things a little easier for himself and simply move to another league.

Vipers31 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:59 PM
  #755
Chimaera
same ol' Caps
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: La Plata, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 21,895
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=h_f1N51Gv9c

Chimaera is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:44 PM
  #756
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Hmm not quite.
He came through PSG ranks but left at 15. With the U16 nationals, he scored 13 of his team's 15 goals attracting the interest of pretty much every L1 team.
Lyon gave him the most money.

.
Yeah I knew that

I was just too lazy to go into details


Evilo to the rescue

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:48 PM
  #757
Edonator
The Mightiest Club
 
Edonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vancouver
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 3,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
I honestly hope BVB can keep as much of their current squad together as possible for as long as possible. I know that probably can't last though.

That would be a cruel double-blow though...Dortmund losing Lewa to Bayern.
Dortmund would probably turn around, and spend that money on a better striker.

Edonator is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
  #758
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,512
vCash: 500
Eh, I think Dortmund will probably just buy Szalai to battle Scheiber, and someone young like Volland to develop into that spot.

cgf is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 09:17 AM
  #759
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
The Guardian says Liverpool is trying to get Ben Arfa by using Caroll as trade bait.
So let's sum up. A couple of years ago, Ben Arfa was available for peanuts. I claim here they should sign him. Liverpool goes on to sign Caroll for a ridiculous price that I flamed here (even though some people here did support the move).
In the end, they're trying to get Ben Arfa back for Caroll?

Wow, that's REALLY bad business. Ben Arfa was available for a few million €.

They should just hire me as scout...

Evilo is online now  
Old
02-06-2013, 09:29 AM
  #760
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,512
vCash: 500
BTW Volland is a kid to remember. He's likely moving to a bigger squad this summer, and of all of germany's young attacking mids, he's the strongest and best finisher around the box, so most likely to develop into a lone front man.

cgf is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:14 PM
  #761
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
The Guardian says Liverpool is trying to get Ben Arfa by using Caroll as trade bait.
So let's sum up. A couple of years ago, Ben Arfa was available for peanuts. I claim here they should sign him. Liverpool goes on to sign Caroll for a ridiculous price that I flamed here (even though some people here did support the move).
In the end, they're trying to get Ben Arfa back for Caroll?

Wow, that's REALLY bad business. Ben Arfa was available for a few million €.

They should just hire me as scout...
It is terrible business, that's why all the people who signed Carroll have been sacked. If Newcastle does any deal of that nature they're morons, I personally wouldn't pay more than 5 million for that big lump.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
  #762
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
It is terrible business, that's why all the people who signed Carroll have been sacked. If Newcastle does any deal of that nature they're morons, I personally wouldn't pay more than 5 million for that big lump.
I thought Sullivan came out last week and said Liverpool/West Ham had worked out an agreement on Carroll for the summer and just personal terms need to be sorted.

Quote:
“West Ham have an agreement with Liverpool to sign him at the end of the season, but we have no agreement with the player,” Sullivan told MailOnline.
I know it's ESPN/Daily Fail but that is from the horse's mouth.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...l-deal?cc=5901

nyranger61494 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:03 AM
  #763
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Let's say that is the case, and I wouldn't say that, it's nominal at best. I'll stick with Alves-Alba.
Habs, Lahm is better than Alves and Alba, he's the best in the world in his position and no doubt about that

Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 07:04 AM
  #764
Stray Wasp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
It is terrible business, that's why all the people who signed Carroll have been sacked. If Newcastle does any deal of that nature they're morons, I personally wouldn't pay more than 5 million for that big lump.
A personal source that I'd describe as credible, though not infallible, reckoned that Spurs bid £17.5 million for Ben Arfa last month. Cue a hotly-contested debate in the Newcastle hierarchy. Ashley wanted to take the money, claiming they: "could sign four quality players for that much." Pardew held firm.

I heard this tale between Debuchy's arrival and the four subsequent signings, when it looked like Ashley was pinning his hopes on the return of Cabaye and Steven Taylor to see the team through until May. In the end, Newcastle's gross transfer spending in January was estimated at £18-20 million, which is remarkably similar to Ashley's alleged forecast.

I could envisage Newcastle selling Ben Arfa this summer, but not spending all the money on one man. Then there's the dicey question of personal terms. To return to NUFC, Carroll would have to accept a pay cut at a time when the new TV deal promises to drive up transfer fees and salaries.

Stray Wasp is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:02 PM
  #765
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
Habs, Lahm is better than Alves and Alba, he's the best in the world in his position and no doubt about that
And by a considerable margain if I might add.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:15 PM
  #766
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
Habs, Lahm is better than Alves and Alba, he's the best in the world in his position and no doubt about that
I agree

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 06:26 PM
  #767
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
And by a considerable margain if I might add.

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 08:16 PM
  #768
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 500
No doubt Lahm is the best LB by a good margin, but I think Marcelo has improved greatly over the last few years, I doubt RM would want to purchase Lahm if he was for sale.

S E P H is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 07:09 PM
  #769
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Barça will bid hard for Hummels (source: Mundo Deportivo)

Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:30 PM
  #770
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
Barça will bid hard for Hummels (source: Mundo Deportivo)
****.

Cin is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:31 PM
  #771
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
Barça will bid hard for Hummels (source: Mundo Deportivo)
Smart move for them. He's a beast. Piqué and Hummels with Alba and Alves on the flanks will make a great team better

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 03:10 AM
  #772
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Eh, I think Dortmund will probably just buy Szalai to battle Scheiber, and someone young like Volland to develop into that spot.
Szalai isn't close to being good enough for Dortmund right now even with his purple patch of form, he had 8 games in 50 Bundesliga games before this season, he has to show good form for more then half a season, specially when his previous career high is 4 goals.

mightyquack is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:03 AM
  #773
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Szalai isn't close to being good enough for Dortmund right now even with his purple patch of form, he had 8 games in 50 Bundesliga games before this season, he has to show good form for more then half a season, specially when his previous career high is 4 goals.
A) If not him, there's guys like Diouf who are good and can finish, but aren't stars on Lewa's level, and that's the type of signing I expect.
B) The service at Dortmund is different than the service at Mainz
C) I don't really think too highly of Szalai either, but he's been a talented player who just hadn't put it together before this year, so who knows, if he keeps it up for the rest of the season this could be the breakout point in his career, and Dortmund have unearthed diamonds when replacing their stars before, Lewa himself was a sloppy finishing backup to Barrios before breaking out.

As for Hummels and barca, he'd look great on that team and fit in perfectly, but I have a hard time seeing Dortmund selling him now. Unless he pushes for the deal hard, I don't see it actually happening, and I'm not sure he would push for that now unless Dortmund wins the CL this year.

cgf is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
  #774
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
A) If not him, there's guys like Diouf who are good and can finish, but aren't stars on Lewa's level, and that's the type of signing I expect.
B) The service at Dortmund is different than the service at Mainz
C) I don't really think too highly of Szalai either, but he's been a talented player who just hadn't put it together before this year, so who knows, if he keeps it up for the rest of the season this could be the breakout point in his career, and Dortmund have unearthed diamonds when replacing their stars before, Lewa himself was a sloppy finishing backup to Barrios before breaking out.
a) I think Dortmund would set their sights higher if they got a good fee for him given there aren't really any other holes outside of maybe GK / full back to fill in the team, you can't replace a top striker with an average striker, not if you want to challenge for the title anyway IMO. I'd love to see them somehow get Dzeko, would be very much worth the investment.

b) Of course it's different, but it's not like Mainz have been bottom of the table all the time and struggling all the time, they've constantly been mid to upper table, yet he couldn't crack more then 4 goals a year is worrisome, and despite a good half season, Mainz will ask for quite a big fee for him given he has lots of time left on his deal.

c) Yes Lewandowski was raw and sloppy when he arrived, but he already had outstanding pedigree before arriving being the undoubted #1 striker in Poland at such a young age. I don't think the same can be said for Szalai

But we'll see, I'm not convinced yet that a Szalai would be a solution for Dortmund.

mightyquack is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 06:38 AM
  #775
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
-Real Madrid have their sights set on Andrij Yarmelenko, according to AS.

-Juve and Inter could duel for the signature of Fabio Coentrao(talksport)

-Dynamo Kiev have offered Sporting Lisbon 11 million euro plus Artem Milevsky for Van Wolfswinkel (A Bola)

AlMo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.