HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 186: Cycles are more than just Mayannaise Calendars

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
JimEIV

vCash: 500
They exaggerate about inches in Northern New Jersey.

Old
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Which one is that? I'll have to look in the paper after work.

And I've lost a couple of people this past year as well. Mostly car accidents but it feels eerie knowing some of these kids.
It's called Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and I believe this was done in October, but have seen it pop up on a few different sites today

Awesome stuff for the kids there

Old
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Seriously, forget about the Weather Channel, I'm asking BG for weather updates from now on.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:03 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I always took you for a "the stars are my compass" sort of guy.
Yeah but it helps to know if there is a cliff before you get there....Stars don't tell you that kind of stuff.

Look at all these physical features I can see while at my desk.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:09 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I think Google Maps are the greatest invention ever.
For most map stuff yes, but have you tried Bing Maps? Their 3D imagery blows GOOG out of the h2o.

Quote:
They exaggerate about inches in Northern New Jersey.
A human didnt make that map. It's the EU's model.

Believe it or not, there is one model called the RPM, with even higher figures for NJ that would deliver 16" to 24" to the northern 1/2 of the state, and 30" to the northern mountainy part of NJ. But I didnt post the picture because I dont buy it given it's so much different than the EU and GFS maps.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:15 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
For most map stuff yes, but have you tried Bing Maps? Their 3D imagery blows GOOG out of the h2o.

Believe it or not, there is one model called the RPM, with even higher figures for NJ that would deliver 16" to 24" to the northern 1/2 of the state, and 30" to the northern mountainy part of NJ. But I didnt post the picture because I dont buy it given it's so much different than the EU and GFS maps.
I have never tried Bing Maps....I was under the impression their overall technology wasn't as good or mature as Google? I'll have to check it out.

On the other thing, I was making a joke about the inches....

I was going to say next I hear the Irish model is only a couple of inches but very angry.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:16 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
He doesn't get the concept that the dog will want to play with them as well. I don't think my dog meant to kill the cat or even hurt it but it's a pit for christs sake. He came to my apartment to tell me when he should have been wailing on my dog to get her loose. He's really an idiot for this. No one is talking to him.
im sure he feels terrible...i'd 'un-shun' him if he's under 12, but thats just me lol. still, just a horrible way to die for a cat

Old
02-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:

I haven't seen it yet the RPM is still calling for the crazy amounts in Jersey? Seems the GFS is starting to agree more with the EU about the amounts in Jersey, but still can't agree on where the snow line is if I am reading it right.

Seems safer to say we won't see Saugus again as he will soon be living in a winter anarchy, and us down here in Jersey will have a pretty hefty amount of snow.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
I have never tried Bing Maps....I was under the impression their overall technology was as good or mature as Google? I'll have to check it out.

On the other this I was making a joke about the inches....

I was going to say next I hear the Irish model is only a couple of inches but very angry.
Yea definitely check bing maps out http://www.bing.com/maps/

You can also use the person placement thing to get a street level view and its just as good if not better than google

Old
02-07-2013, 03:22 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
I have never tried Bing Maps....I was under the impression their overall technology wasn't as good or mature as Google?
Correct. Overall Bing Maps is not as good as GOOG, far from it. But they have this crazy 3D satellite imagery thing where you can "tilt" and look at houses, etc... from multiple angles AND closer than GOOG's pics. It's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I haven't seen it yet the RPM is still calling for the crazy amounts in Jersey? Seems the GFS is starting to agree more with the EU about the amounts in Jersey, but still can't agree on where the snow line is if I am reading it right.
Correct. In general, successive model runs of EU want to bring the storm west and slightly south, which increases NJ snow. The GFS has gone east, but more south, which increases NJ snow (but not as much as EU). The RPM is so insane, I've pretty much dismissed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Seems safer to say we won't see Saugus again as he will soon be living in a winter anarchy
Saugus might be soon hunting squirrels with a BB-gun for survival.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:28 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Yea definitely check bing maps out http://www.bing.com/maps/

You can also use the person placement thing to get a street level view and its just as good if not better than google

Quote:
Correct. Overall Bing Maps is not as good as GOOG, far from it. But they have this crazy 3D satellite imagery thing where you can "tilt" and look at houses, etc... from multiple angles AND closer than GOOG's pics. It's amazing.

Cool. Thanks guys.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Just did a quick Bing Maps search for a place i'm staying at over the weekend and was able to provide me with a street-view, something Google didn't have. I'm impressed.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

So let's say my cousins want to leave from Northern Jersey tomorrow around 10 or 11 to head down to AC. How difficult will it be?

Old
02-07-2013, 04:28 PM
hlaverty06

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-wor...th-4259233.php

Quote:
MEXICO CITY — Mexican authorities say a 9-year-old girl has given birth in western Mexico and they are looking for the purported father, a 17-year-old.

Jalisco state police spokesman Lino Gonzalez says the baby girl was born last week at a hospital in the city of Guadalajara. He says the girl and her baby are doing well.

The girl identified as Dafne by the Telegraph, was reportedly only 8 years old when she became pregnant.

The Telegraph reports the baby was born on Jan. 27 in Zoquipan Hospital weighing 5.7 pounds and both girls were released over the weekend.

Gonzalez said Wednesday that the girl's family alerted authorities after she gave birth and the alleged father has not been seen since in the neighborhood the both live in.

According to ABC News, Gonzalez told reporters that, "Due to her young age, we don't know if she is being entirely truthful." He received an account of the relationship from the young mother who describes a loving relationship.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Back from the doctor. I have a partially dislocated shoulder. Need an MRI and physical therapy.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
So let's say my cousins want to leave from Northern Jersey tomorrow around 10 or 11 to head down to AC. How difficult will it be?
That's going to depend entirely on when it switches from rain to snow and how fast its accumulating. Unless I'm reading stuff wrong (using reports for the area just outside of Newark for perspective of how far North I'm starting), it looks like the switch to snow will be in the morning. They'll be leaving before the roads have accumulated snow, which is a positive; however, driving while the snow is really picking up probably is as dangerous as any other point in time. Highways are hit or miss from my experience with driving in the snow. Get enough cars on them, have a lane or two that may stay "clear" a little longer, etc. Considering its a week day, there may be enough of people on the road in general to make it doable. Probably not the best idea, but I'm sure it could be a lot worse were it to be done later in the day.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
herecomethepretzels

vCash: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Back from the doctor. I have a partially dislocated shoulder. Need an MRI and physical therapy.
So if it were playoffs you would be day to day.

Mend up. I had one of those once, the worst part was trying to sleep.

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Old
02-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
That's going to depend entirely on when it switches from rain to snow and how fast its accumulating. Unless I'm reading stuff wrong (using reports for the area just outside of Newark for perspective of how far North I'm starting), it looks like the switch to snow will be in the morning. They'll be leaving before the roads have accumulated snow, which is a positive; however, driving while the snow is really picking up probably is as dangerous as any other point in time. Highways are hit or miss from my experience with driving in the snow. Get enough cars on them, have a lane or two that may stay "clear" a little longer, etc. Considering its a week day, there may be enough of people on the road in general to make it doable. Probably not the best idea, but I'm sure it could be a lot worse were it to be done later in the day.
Oh WOW I meant to say leaving on Saturday morning hahaha. Thanks for the input.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:38 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
This will be over in South Jersey by 10 or 11 in the morning. Depends how well they do on their roads down there I guess.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Saturday morning I would take out the "in-storm" aspect of it and say it probably won't be great. Change it to when the snow "stops" or "slows down." I bet it would be tough in Saturday morning to drive. May be easier in the afternoon though. Gives more time for roads/highways to get plowed. All depends though if we're going to end up with 6ish inches, or a foot. The former is a lot more "routine" in nature for clearing roads.

EDIT: Just want to clarify that this is my perspective on the North NJ part. For me, AC is about 90-100 minutes to drive. If they're leaving from a spot with the same time frame, obviously the roads further south will be that much better an hour after they leave up north.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
This will be over in South Jersey by 10 or 11 in the morning. Depends how well they do on their roads down there I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Saturday morning I would take out the "in-storm" aspect of it and say it probably won't be great. Change it to when the snow "stops" or "slows down." I bet it would be tough in Saturday morning to drive. May be easier in the afternoon though. Gives more time for roads/highways to get plowed. All depends though if we're going to end up with 6ish inches, or a foot. The former is a lot more "routine" in nature for clearing roads.

EDIT: Just want to clarify that this is my perspective on the North NJ part. For me, AC is about 90-100 minutes to drive. If they're leaving from a spot with the same time frame, obviously the roads further south will be that much better an hour after they leave up north.
Thanks guys.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
So if it were playoffs you would be day to day.

Mend up. I had one of those once, the worst part was trying to sleep.
If I was in the playoffs then of course. I can sleep on it but if it is a weird angle then it is beyond painful.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:33 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

should i drive to the game saturday?

Old
02-07-2013, 05:35 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Those bing maps are awesome. You get can a cool view of the Rock. And of my old NJ house

Old
02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
im sure he feels terrible...i'd 'un-shun' him if he's under 12, but thats just me lol. still, just a horrible way to die for a cat
He's 16. He knows better. We would never leave a pit around a young kid.

Closed Thread