HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Marc BargainBin
Saku has 11 points now.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:00 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Latendresse could've eaten a few less big macs.

Some players are ready and some aren't. RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yak... all those guys have shown they were ready. There will be ups and downs man but those guys are good NHL players already.
Wait you said all players are ready, I thought everyone was Crosby and "relax". Those players are so ready the team has been just as miserable with them in the lineup, how is that possible with 4 Crosby/Yzermans?

Quote:
Yzerman's development wasn't hurt, neither were Sakic's or Lemieux's or Crosby's or most other top stars who started out young with bad teams. And unlike RNH, Hall, Eberle, Schultz and Yak... Yzerman had NOBODY to play with.

And Yzerman's development wasn't linear either btw. There were ups and downs but at the end of the day he became of the best players ever. The Oiler kids are in way better shape than Sakic or Lemieux or Yzerman were. They actually have each other to play with.
Has nothing to do with the conversation unless every player is basically the same player.

Quote:
So if Price doesn't perform well in the playoffs its because we played him too young? Uh yeah okay... I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that he has some half-assed excuse baked in for him this year if he slumps.
What do you mean "if" if has already been seen it has hurt his playoff work. He might get stronger but that was a big risk and almost ****ed him up mentally.

Quote:
Maybe Paajarvi wasn't ready. Maybe he's a bust. But those other players played extremely well last season and there's absolutely nothing wrong with playing them.

Its not just Crosby though. Again, most top players come into crappy environments... and still succeed. If a player isn't doing well, then you re-evaluate. But I don't see how that's the case here. Yakupov already has 5 or 6 goals. Hall and Eberle look great and so does Schultz. RNH is a little snakebit but even he has 5 or 6 points.

So what's the problem man? The whole thing is a disaster because Paajarvi didn't work out at the age of 21?
You don't seem to have a sweet clue what the argument is. Go back and read again, this time think. Yup every player who doesn't work out has nothing to do with development. Development is over-rated just like getting young players living with established players, you know more than the pittsburgh penguins or almost every organization in the league.

Quote:
They had the same model. 4 straight years of top ten picks (two top five and a number one) and 6 top tens (three top five) in the span of 8 years.

But yeah, let's pretend like Detroit just woke up one day and decided to be great. Let's ignore the fact that they used to be the Dead Things...

And twenty years from now, you can pretend like the Oilers never tanked too. And you can tell people... let's just be like Edmonton.
Detroit is well known for not only seasoning their young players but surrounding them with more than just garbage. If you think Detroit and Edmonton are following the same steps to prospect development you are out to lunch.

Oh look RNH is injured, relax right? All those other decent players Edmonton has will surely take the load...oh wait.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Roman Hamrlik will probably be a healthy scratch for an eighth straight game Thursday.
Coach Adam Oates said that Hamrlik will "get his chance," but for now he appears to be content with the top-six group he has. He played in the first three games of the year and hasn't gotten into the lineup since. "Obviously just keep working, keep working hard in the practices," Hamrlik said. "I've been in this situation many times, especially last year with Dale [Hunter]. Now it's new system and I'm in the same track. Stay positive and keep working hard and hopefully I'm gonna get a chance to play again."

Old
02-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Roman Hamrlik will probably be a healthy scratch for an eighth straight game Thursday.
Coach Adam Oates said that Hamrlik will "get his chance," but for now he appears to be content with the top-six group he has. He played in the first three games of the year and hasn't gotten into the lineup since. "Obviously just keep working, keep working hard in the practices," Hamrlik said. "I've been in this situation many times, especially last year with Dale [Hunter]. Now it's new system and I'm in the same track. Stay positive and keep working hard and hopefully I'm gonna get a chance to play again."
Hamrlik is probably content knowing his NHL career has lasted far longer than Oates' coaching career will.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Hamrlik is probably content knowing his NHL career has lasted far longer than Oates' coaching career will.
I could see if the team was winning but with them losing so much...why scratch him 8 straight???

Old
02-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Bruce Boudreau says Koivu is their best player this season. Hopefully he keeps it up, probably can hit the 800 point mark this season.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Megaforce

Benny Poo

Just thought I'd mention that Benoit Pouliot has 6 points in nine games, including three goals, for the Tampa Bay Lightning this season.
After years of mediocrity, they're in first place with a +17 goal differential.
Not saying that Benny is what made it happen, but they've put some faith in his offense and he's clicking.
Also note that the 6'2 200 lb winger has never been on a losing NHL team, as the Wild, Habs and Bruins were all well-over 500 with him on their roster.
And he was also the only one who made Gomez look good with his 19 goals-in-39 game half-season here.
He's now entering his prime NHL years, he's tall and can play mean. Plus he can speak French. I agree that he falls down a lot too though but he made that up with his one-punch KO of that Bruin a couple of years back.
I would have been happy if we had reacquired BennyPoo rather than say Armstrong.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:28 PM
PricePkPatch

Oh no, not this again...

Old
02-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Roulin

Tampa is due for some regression: http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/2/4/pdo-n...nhl-team-feb-4

...but I generally agree that BP was underrated by Hab fans. For a cheap middle sixer, he was fine.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:31 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Benny Poo was a victim of Jacques Martin. I'm glad he got his career somewhat on track.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:32 PM
BlackStar

Sigh, so it starts...

Old
02-07-2013, 12:32 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
He's in a perfect situation to succeed in Tampa. I wouldn't take him back on the Habs if you paid me.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:41 PM

Holy **** I completely forgot that guy existed.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Just thought I'd mention that Benoit Pouliot has 6 points in nine games, including three goals, for the Tampa Bay Lightning this season.
Not saying that Benny is what made it happen, but they've put some faith in his offense and he's clicking.
Also note that the 6'2 200 lb winger has never been on a losing NHL team, as the Wild, Habs and Bruins were all well-over 500 with him on their roster.
And he was also the only one who made Gomez look good with his 19 goals-in-39 game half-season here.
He's now entering his prime NHL years, he's tall and can play mean. Plus he can speak French. I agree that he falls down a lot too though but he made that up with his one-punch KO of that Bruin a couple of years back.
I would have been happy if we had reacquired BennyPoo rather than say Armstrong.
I'm not too concerned, he'll settle back into his notmal 30-35 point pattern. High maintenance player and not that versatire when he isn't scoring.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:51 PM
FieryBergevin
from the ashes

Yeah I'm sure Pouliot would be lighting the league on fire on our 4th line.

Solid top 9 winger, but I prefer having Gallagher sorry.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
PricePkPatch

BP will never play for the Montreal Canadiens again. He would rather go to Russia than play in this city.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
BP will never play for the Montreal Canadiens again. He would rather go to Russia than play in this city.
Source?

Old
02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
I miss watching Pouliot fall all over the ice...

Old
02-07-2013, 01:34 PM
ClasslessGuy

Pouliot is the guy who was having a balance problem right?

Old
02-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Yes. Bambi.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
I seem to remember bruin fans laughing at us for letting him go and not using him properly. That only lasted about a month and then they were talking about how useless he was.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Pouliot is the guy who was having a balance problem right?
Yes

If a ref skated by him he would fall down and take a minute to get back up and then proceed to slip from a perfect pass which he failed to handle.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Benny Poo was a victim of Jacques Martin. I'm glad he got his career somewhat on track.
Really? How come Julien who has been nothing but great in Boston for the past 4-5 years couldn't get anything done with that bust?

Old
02-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Really? How come Julien who has been nothing but great in Boston for the past 4-5 years couldn't get anything done with that bust?
Pouliot had his highest goal total and points with the Bruins. By far his best +/- and 5 GWG.

A 3rd line guy that gets 30ish points while being kinda physical and having size ? Count me in.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pouliot had his highest goal total and points with the Bruins. By far his best +/- and 5 GWG.

A 3rd line guy that gets 30ish points while being kinda physical and having size ? Count me in.
He's a good top nine goal scoring winger that depends on his center. The problem is people expecting more out of him.

Closed Thread