02-06-2013, 08:32 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Watched Raw for the first time in probably a decade last night. Loved the Punk/Jericho match.
Welcome back, brotha.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
Really can't wait to see The Sheild branch off into singles competitors. All three are going to be great.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:38 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Really can't wait to see The Sheild branch off into singles competitors. All three are going to be great.
I'm also okay with the 3 staying together for a year or so. They have long careers ahead of them. This was a brilliant start.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

I love The Shield and look forward to it down the road, but these three will all have successful singles careers that I can't wait for.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Watched Raw for the first time in probably a decade last night. Loved the Punk/Jericho match.
Same. Probably 8 years for me. I've been reading all about it for about 6 weeks though, so I have the jist of basically everything that's going on. I watched RAW and understood essentially everything. So that was nice.

Quote:
I think keeping the 3 together as The Shield, maybe even getting a face to turn heel and join, is best for them. However you don't want to take the attention away from those 3. Keeping them as a small faction as they all build themselves up would be fantastic and could be done extremely well. Than, once they are all built up you can split them up. However, I don't even think a split is necessary if built up properly. If you can give them their own gimmicks slowly, within the Shield, it could be fantastic.

But, lots of ifs, coulds and woulds. Who knows.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
I do think that not being in the ring is hurting Rollins a lot. Not that he's bad on the mic, but anyone standing next to Ambrose is going to disappoint. And of course Reigns is the big guy, which means Rollins gets lost in the shuffle.

Rollins really stole the show for me at TLC, he's got daredevil written all over him. It's been, what, 4 months? They've only worked one match. For a guy whose bread and butter is in ring work he's being wasted. Give him a few acrobatic spots and I'll be happy.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I'm looking forward to Ambrose and Rollins' single pushes; Reigns is my least favorite.

Some of Rollins' moveset that hasn't really been featured yet...

Old
02-06-2013, 10:36 PM
nWo
New World Order

Quote:

on the mic last night from The Shield

Ambrose >>> Reigns > Rollins IMO.

And Rollins was still good and came across well on the mic.
Lawler: Come at me bro!

No Lawler, just no.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

I haven't seen anyone chew up the scenery like Maddox did since a young William Shatner.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
02-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

People that say CM Punk doesn't draw can shut up, now.

Quote:
- CM Punk's promo with a short Booker T appearance opened to a 3.79 quarter, which is the biggest opening quarter in months.

- Ryback vs. Antonio Cesaro lost 526,000 viewers.

- Rey Mysterio's RawActive promo, Shield video and Trish Stratus HOF video gained 373,000 viewers.

- Jack Swagger vs. Santino Marella lost 302,000 viewers.

- Alberto Del Rio vs. Cody Rhodes and the ADR/Show segment at 9 PM gained 243,000 viewers to a 3.64 quarter.

- Rey Mysterio vs. Daniel Bryan lost 93,000 viewers.

- Kane/Bryan arguing backstage and Big Show at the hotel lost 87,000 viewers.

- Sheamus vs. Kane lost 167,000 viewers.

- MizTV with Heyman and saw appearances from Vickie and Brock Lesnar gained 600,000 viewers at 10 PM to a high 3.82 quarter. Virtually ALL the gains were from the 18-49 male demographic as opposed to across the board, the most important demographic when TV ratings are calculated.

- Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett lost 683,000 viewers.

- Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk gained 137,000 viewers in an odd quarter.

- Bruno Sammartino's HOF video gained 34,000 viewers.

- Show/ADR brawl, Maddox/Shield/Cena/Sheamus/Ryback overrun gained 255,000 viewers to a weak overrun gain and a 3.63 quarter.
BORK drawing where it matters.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Old
02-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
agreed, but not everyone reads wrestling spoilers online, either.
im sure many tuned in this monday to see, you know.. the Rock (and brock) without knowing he was not gonna be there.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

That argument was brought up on WF and shot down. You don't need to go on wrestling spoiler sites to know if they'll appear, you go to the WWE site, you go to the arena website, etc.

Punk drew on his own in the opening and drew in an odd quarter.

If Rock was there, people would say Rock is the reason for the gain. If he isn't and the numbers are poor, people say Punk doesn't draw.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Disclose

they would blame MNF...

i agree with all you said, but to me the biggest reasons are: Rock and the end of last weeks RAW(brock/vince) that made people tune in at 8pm.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

No. They don't blame football. They blame Punk. Football season is over.

OK, 8 PM opened strong because they expected that maybe, but eyes were on Punk and they didn't tune out until the next quarter. What about Punk/Jericho gaining in a random quarter?

Old
02-07-2013, 12:13 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I still say that the ratings for the most part are bogus stats. There are a litany of reasons for a perfect Raw segment to lose 100k viewers, or for a filler segment to randomly gain 100k viewers. I think the ratings are generally circumstantial, and dependent on OUTSIDE factors, as opposed to who/what is actually going on in the ring at the time.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Disclose

Quote:
No. They don't blame football. They blame Punk. Football season is over.

OK, 8 PM opened strong because they expected that maybe, but eyes were on Punk and they didn't tune out until the next quarter. What about Punk/Jericho gaining in a random quarter?
you post here enough to read every time someone brings ratings to the discussion, for 5 months a year, they blame mnf... not the crappy product WWE is offering.

i dont know why you would bring the second point..... who the hell would want to change the channel when Jericho and Punk are wrestling? their last feud was terrible, but in the ring is a treat for any wrestling fan.

and finally chuckdobbins is right... they bring certain spots at certain time and it all depends on whats going on elsewhere on television. (halftime shows, going past 11pm etc)

Old
02-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
you post here enough to read every time someone brings ratings to the discussion, for 5 months a year, they blame mnf... not the crappy product WWE is offering.

i dont know why you would bring the second point..... who the hell would want to change the channel when Jericho and Punk are wrestling? their last feud was terrible, but in the ring is a treat for any wrestling fan.

and finally chuckdobbins is right... they bring certain spots at certain time and it all depends on whats going on elsewhere on television. (halftime shows, going past 11pm etc)
Did I say anything about them changing the channel? No. I said they gained at an odd quarter. The quarters that are expected to gain are the crossovers and the overrun, the rest is a crapshoot. THAT specific quarter usually loses viewers.

And we've seen on numerous occasions in breakdowns that good matches lose viewers. Casuals don't care about actual wrestling as much as the IWC does.

EDIT: also, a good WWE product can put an end to MNF taking their viewers and give them competition. Do people forget that back when WWE would put out a good product that the NFL was actually worried about Raw taking their MNF viewers?

Last edited by Dean Ambrose: 02-07-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Richie10

Yeah, I'm officially back into the swing of watching/thinking/talking about wrestling for the first time since high school. I even got the wife to start watching stuff with me.

Haven't been to a live event since I was a kid and went to Wrestlemania XII. I still namedrop that I saw the Bret/Shawn Iron Man match live to impress people I know love wrestling.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

The Rock is officially advertised for the Raw post-Wrestlemania.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Brock Lesnar has been added to Raw in Pittsburgh on March 18. Chris Jericho has also been added to Elimination Chamber, despite having a match at this point. Mark Henry has been added to all Smackdown tapings.

Chris Jericho in the chamber match maybe?

Old
02-07-2013, 06:57 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Brock Lesnar has been added to Raw in Pittsburgh on March 18. Chris Jericho has also been added to Elimination Chamber, despite having a match at this point. Mark Henry has been added to all Smackdown tapings.

Chris Jericho in the chamber match maybe?
Brock and Rock in Pittsburgh, please.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
As it stands now, Lesnar and Jericho are scheduled.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:32 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
Quote:
Yeah, I'm officially back into the swing of watching/thinking/talking about wrestling for the first time since high school. I even got the wife to start watching stuff with me.

Haven't been to a live event since I was a kid and went to Wrestlemania XII. I still namedrop that I saw the Bret/Shawn Iron Man match live to impress people I know love wrestling.
Welcome.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

The Wrestling Observer has released statistics about RAW's expansion to three hours last summer. The extra hour has resulted in 33% more matches per show and matches going 33% longer. The amount of in-ring wrestling doubled to 78%.

Wrestlers who have benefited from the longer TV time include John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Primo and Epico.

Wrestlers who had less TV time are Zack Ryder, Tensai, David Otunga, The Great Khali and Santino Marella.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:32 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Just got tickets in the lower bowl for that Raw. It will be my first live event. If Rock doesn't show, the 12 year old inside me is gonna be ******

Closed Thread