HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - Canada Roster Discussion (Part IV)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 02:21 PM
  #351
AfroJak
Registered User
 
AfroJak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Toews and bergeron on the same line?

AfroJak is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:30 PM
  #352
Jabrony
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
I read somewhere that team Hockey Canada wasn't the biggest fan of Spezza. ahaha imagine if we had a Team Canada - B

Neal - Spezza - St-Louis
Hall - Getzlaf - Seguin
Marleau - Thornton - Iginla
Sharp - Bergeron - Doan

Subban - Staal
Seabrook - Schultz
Shattenkirk - Coburn

Ward - Smith - Crawford

...Canada is so deep... I do think that Seabrook will make the roster though.

Jabrony is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
  #353
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabrony View Post
I read somewhere that team Hockey Canada wasn't the biggest fan of Spezza. ahaha imagine if we had a Team Canada - B

Neal - Spezza - St-Louis
Hall - Getzlaf - Seguin
Marleau - Thornton - Iginla
Sharp - Bergeron - Doan

Subban - Staal
Seabrook - Schultz
Shattenkirk - Coburn

Ward - Smith - Crawford

...Canada is so deep... I do think that Seabrook will make the roster though.
Shattenkirk is from New York. But I get where you are going with that.

couture23 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:37 PM
  #354
crazycanuck
Registered User
 
crazycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,257
vCash: 500
Here is my best attempt to far at Canada's forward lines.

Neal - Crosby - Stamkos
Nash - Giroux - Eberle
Richards - Toews - Perry
Tavares - Bergeron - Seguin

In the mix for spare forwards: Benn, Skinner, E. Staal, J. Staal, Spezza. E. Kane

crazycanuck is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:38 PM
  #355
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Here is my best attempt to far at Canada's forward lines.

Neal - Crosby - Stamkos
Nash - Giroux - Eberle
Richards - Toews - Perry
Tavares - Bergeron - Seguin

In the mix for spare forwards: Benn, Skinner, E. Staal, J. Staal, Spezza. E. Kane
Good line up. Question: Eric Staal did really well in Vancouver, why do you have him as a reserve over a guy like Seguin or Neal who have no Olympic experience?

couture23 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
  #356
ViD
Registered User
 
ViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blue Jackets Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,324
vCash: 500
Kovalchuk - Datsyuk - Semin
Mozyakin - Malkin - Kulemin
Ovechkin - Tereschenko - Tarasenko
Radulov - Anisimov - Kuznetsov

Markov - Kalinin
Nikulin - Medvedev
Volchenkov - Tyutin

Bryzgalov
Varlamov
Barulin


Last edited by ViD: 02-07-2013 at 02:48 PM.
ViD is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:48 PM
  #357
crazycanuck
Registered User
 
crazycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Good line up. Question: Eric Staal did really well in Vancouver, why do you have him as a reserve over a guy like Seguin or Neal who have no Olympic experience?
Neal is in for Crosby chemistry and Seguin is in for speed. Went for youth and speed more than size and experience. Canada tried to do the size and experience in Turin and that didn't turn out well.

crazycanuck is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:51 PM
  #358
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Neal is in for Crosby chemistry and Seguin is in for speed. Went for youth and speed more than size and experience. Canada tried to do the size and experience in Turin and that didn't turn out well.
Neal and Crosby don't play together much unless it's the PP. Staal had that experience and chemistry with Crosby on the first line in Vancouver and most would agree it worked out good, although they were hoping for more. Behind the Nash-Toews-Richards line, I think Staal was the best forward out of the bunch.

Not to mention Staal has had a solid start to the year in Carolina.

couture23 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:52 PM
  #359
Jabrony
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Shattenkirk is from New York. But I get where you are going with that.
Remove Getzlaf and Shattenkirk, put on the Nuuuuuuudge and Campbell/Boyle hahah!

Jabrony is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:07 PM
  #360
jferguson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Stamkos - Crosby - Nash
Giroux - Getzlaf - Perry
Eberle - Toews - Tavares
Benn - Bergeron - Seguin
Iginla/Thornton

Weber - Doughty
Keith - Pietrangelo
Seabrook - Letang


Price
Luongo

jferguson is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:15 PM
  #361
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,507
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I might be the only one but I think Hall should make the team before Eberle, if Eberle is on your roster there's no reason not to have Hall.
I actually think that on international ice, Hall just might be the last of the 4 Oilers young guns that would be picked. I think Eberle is almost a for sure. Schultz if he continues to play at the same rate will make a push for the 7th d spot. Nuge and Hall are long shots I think

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:21 PM
  #362
CaptainCally
Registered User
 
CaptainCally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 500
Parise - Stastny - Kane
Pacioretty - Pavelski - Kessel
Brown - Backes - Callahan
Ryan - Couturier - Oshie


McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Suter - E. Johnson
J.Johnson - Carlson

Quick
Miller
Howard


Reserves: Pominville, JVR, Stepan, Galchenyuk, Myers, Wiz



Is this how USA's team would look like? I have absolutely no clue. I got so excited about the BBC line that I just wanted to attempt to make a roster.


Edit: I'd like to see Pominville on the roster but I dunno... I'll just let someone else pick up and fix it all since this team is probably not as good as it could be?

P.s just noticed I missed Yandle, Kesler etc...

CaptainCally is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:33 PM
  #363
CaptainCally
Registered User
 
CaptainCally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 500
Sedin - Sedin - Zetterberg
Landeskog- Bäckström - Eriksson
Franzén - Berglund - Hörnqvist
Steen - Johansson - Alfredsson

Kronwall - Karlsson
Enström - Edler
Hedman - OEL

Lundqvist
Fasth
Enroth


Reserves: Hjalmarsson, Hagelin, Stålberg, Kruger, Gunnarsson

CaptainCally is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:34 PM
  #364
VanFan101
Registered User
 
VanFan101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Nash - Crosby - Stamkos
E. Staal - Tavares -Giroux
Marleau - Thornton - Perry
Toews - Bergeron - Iginla
Spezza

Letang - Weber
Keith - Seabrook
Pietrangelo - Doughty
Boyle

Price
Luongo
Ward


Last edited by VanFan101: 02-07-2013 at 04:00 PM.
VanFan101 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:36 PM
  #365
JackBauer
Registered User
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Parise - Stastny - Kane
Pacioretty - Pavelski - Kessel
Brown - Backes - Callahan
Ryan - Couturier - Oshie


McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Suter - E. Johnson
J.Johnson - Carlson

Quick
Miller
Howard


Reserves: Pominville, JVR, Stepan, Galchenyuk, Myers, Wiz



Is this how USA's team would look like? I have absolutely no clue. I got so excited about the BBC line that I just wanted to attempt to make a roster.


Edit: I'd like to see Pominville on the roster but I dunno... I'll just let someone else pick up and fix it all since this team is probably not as good as it could be?

P.s just noticed I missed Yandle, Kesler etc...
I'd take Anderson over Howard. Also, who is Myers? (Tyler is Canadian). So is Couturier. You can't just cherry pick Canadian players, who have played for the Canadian national team and have them switch over.

JackBauer is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:44 PM
  #366
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Stamkos - Crosby - Giroux
Tavares - Getzlaf - Perry
M. Richards - Toews - Nash
Benn - Bergeron - Eberle
Iginla

Keith - Doughty
Hamhuis - Weber
Pietrangelo - Letang
Seabrook


Luongo
Price
Ward

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:44 PM
  #367
Hasa92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
Team Finland


Forwards:

Filppula - M. Koivu - Ruutu

Granlund - Immonen - Lehterä

Leino - S. Koivu - Selänne

Korpikoski - OJ - J. Jokinen


Defence:

Timonen - Salo

Vatanen - Lydman

Pitkänen - Lepistö


Goalies:

Rinne/ Rask/ Niemi/ Lehtonen etc.

Some of the players have said that they wont be playing for the Finnish NT like Selänne, S. Koivu, OJ etc. but i wouldn't really count on that, especially Selänne when he always says: "one more year" - every year.

Hasa92 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:46 PM
  #368
VanFan101
Registered User
 
VanFan101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
The consensus top 6 D for Canada seems to be a mixture of Keith, Seabrook, Weber, Pietrangelo, Doughty and Letang. 5 out of 6 of these guys are all right hand shots. That might cause some problems.

VanFan101 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:53 PM
  #369
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,223
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFan101 View Post
The consensus top 6 D for Canada seems to be a mixture of Keith, Seabrook, Weber, Pietrangelo, Doughty and Letang. 5 out of 6 of these guys are all right hand shots. That might cause some problems.
Pietrangelo plays the left side equally well. Slot Hamhuis in as the # 7 and it'll be fine.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:54 PM
  #370
CaptainCally
Registered User
 
CaptainCally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
I'd take Anderson over Howard.Also, who is Myers? (Tyler is Canadian). So is Couturier. You can't just cherry pick Canadian players, who have played for the Canadian national team and have them switch over.



Hahahaha wtf?! I was using NHL.com and putting ''United States'' in and searching players. I barely got any sleep last night so I was like ''ohhhhhhhhh Myers and Couts are Americans?! Didn't know that... but it's NHL.com so it's gotta be correct'' haha . My bad.

CaptainCally is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:55 PM
  #371
jarome
Registered User
 
jarome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Nash - Crosby - Stamkos <-- Nash is a beast in the red and white and if you put Giroux here the first line is lacking some size.
Giroux - Getzlaf - Perry <-- Can't split up getz and perry
Eric Stall - Toews - Benn <-- huge line that can win faceoffs and score
Eberle - Tavares - Iginla <-- Veteran leadership + scoring threat

Doughty - Weber
Letang - Pietrangelo
Keith - Seabrook <--- wouldn't split them apart
Subban/Hamhuis

Price
Luongo
Fluery <-- more sold on Fleury than smith

jarome is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:06 PM
  #372
SephF
Visually Better
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I actually think that on international ice, Hall just might be the last of the 4 Oilers young guns that would be picked. I think Eberle is almost a for sure. Schultz if he continues to play at the same rate will make a push for the 7th d spot. Nuge and Hall are long shots I think
I think international ice is the exact reason why Hall would be picked over Eberle.

It's all about speed and Hall is freakishly fast. I think he would be great on international ice and IMO is the superior player. We all know how much HC loves Eberle though.

SephF is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:20 PM
  #373
86Habs
Registered User
 
86Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I think international ice is the exact reason why Hall would be picked over Eberle.

It's all about speed and Hall is freakishly fast. I think he would be great on international ice and IMO is the superior player. We all know how much HC loves Eberle though.
Should be room on Team Canada for both Hall and Eberle (and Seguin), especially considering rosters will probably go up to 25, from 23.

86Habs is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:29 PM
  #374
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,482
vCash: 500
Perry-Crosby-Stamkos
E Staal-Toews-Giroux
Hall-Tavares-Eberle (seriously Tavares/Eberle are just so dominant on international ice together)
Benn-Bergeron-Seguin
RNH as 13th forward as a power play specialist

Doughty-Pietrangelo
Letang-Weber
Keith-Seabrook
Subban?

Price
Fleury
Ward

Trafalgar Law is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:33 PM
  #375
jigglysquishy
Registered User
 
jigglysquishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
Just so we are clear, you are saying that the guy who, as a 21 year old, led the last Olympic team in scoring doesn't have the offensive upside to play in the top 6?

Anyways, regardless of what nominal "line" he is on, I would be willing to wager he will be among the top 2 centres in ice time (if not the top). He will also definitely be playing centre, there are many others that will be moved to the wing before Toews.

Oh he has tons of offensive upside, just not on the level of Crosby, Giroux or Stamkos. Toews is perfectly suited for 3rd line. Excellent FO man, great offense and probably the best defensive forward Canada will ice.

He's a lock for center (as is Crosby) and I don't see them moving both Stamkos and Giroux to wings.

jigglysquishy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.