HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan O'Byrne

Old
02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everbeast

vCash: 127
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Ryan O'Byrne

The Avs have a glut of bottom pairing defensemen and O'Byrne is the only one with an expiring contract. What kind of value does he have? Like I said, he's a UFA so it's not a contract any team would be stuck with and his current deal is reasonable. He's a big guy, normally solid defensively and is good on the PK, but has no offensive game whatsoever and could certainly stand to be meaner given his size. He's a good bottom pairing guy, but you have to pair him with a puck mover.

Given teams are looking for defensive help and him being a right handed shot, just wanted to see what value he'd have.

I think the Avs would be looking more towards younger NHL ready players than picks.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Fizzz

vCash: 500
Damn, Avs must regret giving the habs Michael Bournival for a bottom pairing defender that is the odd man out 1-2 years after the trade....

Now, i guess we know who won that trade!

I'd say send him to Tampa or Ottawa for a 5th (i see his value somewhat comparable to Lovejoy's)

O'byrne will ever be remembered as the guy who scored in his own goal while having a delayed penalty and no keeper in the net!

Fizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Drij

vCash: 500
who says hes the odd man out?

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzz View Post
Damn, Avs must regret giving the habs Michael Bournival for a bottom pairing defender that is the odd man out 1-2 years after the trade....

Now, i guess we know who won that trade!

I'd say send him to Tampa or Ottawa for a 5th (i see his value somewhat comparable to Lovejoy's)

O'byrne will ever be remembered as the guy who scored in his own goal while having a delayed penalty and no keeper in the net!
He is not the odd man out at all right now as he has played in every game so far.
Some avs fans are just sick and tired of him because of the fact that idiot Joe Sacco pairs him up with Greg Zanon most of the time and both of them are slow as hell.
ROB can easily be a solid 3rd pairing dman in the NHL nevertheless and I'd rather get rid of Zanon than him but the problem is that we just signed Zanon in the off-season and probably are not going to trade him so quickly.

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote