HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fire sale and who

Old
02-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Stastny sucks, but he is going anywhere.
Finally you guys are starting to see reality. Am I still a troll for saying Stastny is overrated?

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Finally you guys are starting to see reality. Am I still a troll for saying Stastny is overrated?
yes.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:30 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Calgary will never re-build. That is obvious to me, Scratch them off the list.

If Columbus hasn't traded quality players before I don't see why they would now.

Washington... Meh maybe if they continue to tank, but no key players.
Most Flames fans are under the impression that if we miss the playoffs this year, someone is getting moved be it Iginla, Kiprusoff, Tanguay, Cammy, Gio....or a combination of those players.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:34 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Most Flames fans are under the impression that if we miss the playoffs this year, someone is getting moved be it Iginla, Kiprusoff, Tanguay, Cammy, Gio....or a combination of those players.
Well, you are going to have to make that call before the trade deadline, especially in Iginla's case.

I think Cammy has limited value based on production and his six million price tag.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:36 PM
topchowda

Quote:
No offense but if you miss the playoffs it will be because a combination of those guys are no longer effective, thus their trade value will be diminished by that time and the return wont be that great.

But right now their value is high because they are good players (seem to be) so you have that shot of making the playoffs

Its a catch 22, I do not believe there is the option of "miss the playoffs and send our guys off for good pieces" its more like "make the playoffs and sell everything off after" or "sell now, get good pieces and finish low"

*except Gio, he is good and has good years left, he should remain a flame

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Buttonwood
$$$

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Well, you are going to have to make that call before the trade deadline, especially in Iginla's case.

I think Cammy has limited value based on production and his six million price tag.
Which is part of the reason some otherwise rational and sensible Flames fans are not screaming to blow-it-up (even though we largely acknowledge a real influx of younger, high end talent is necessary in order to compete for the Cup again). The market for some of the older expendables is piss-poor. Assuming we are playing armchair GM, I wouldn't trade Iginla for a fringe prospect and a low 1st. Why replace a 1st liner with 2-4 years left in him for hopefully 6 years of 2 3rd liners? We no longer need the cap space badly and I like Iginla's intangibles and leadership qualities.

If him or Kiprusoff asked to move to a real contender, under the reasonable scenario we are out of the hunt, then it's open season IMO.

Buttonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

imo Leafs should rebuild hard.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

The Capitals are one of the rare teams with many impending UFAs (Ribeiro, Crabb, Hendricks, Wolski, Fehr, Hamrlik, Poti and Erskine)

For Ribeiro, they might get something similar to what they had to give up to get him last summer.

Individually, the rest of the player probably won't fetch more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
No offense but if you miss the playoffs it will be because a combination of those guys are no longer effective, thus their trade value will be diminished by that time and the return wont be that great.

But right now their value is high because they are good players (seem to be) so you have that shot of making the playoffs

Its a catch 22, I do not believe there is the option of "miss the playoffs and send our guys off for good pieces" its more like "make the playoffs and sell everything off after" or "sell now, get good pieces and finish low"

*except Gio, he is good and has good years left, he should remain a flame

Thats one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board...ever.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:26 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Stastny sucks, but he is going anywhere.
What happened to him? He was averaging around a point per game is first four years but now has sank into the mid-50s range the last three years...

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
This is better be a joke ..
It's not.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
What happened to him? He was averaging around a point per game is first four years but now has sank into the mid-50s range the last three years...
joe sacco

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
joe sacco
This

Moving Stastny would be a mistake. We still see glimpses of what he can be every few games, but with Sacco as head coach he just doesn't use Stastny to his full abilities.

Stastny is not for sale for the Avs, his value around the league is a lot lower then it should be. The Avs need to get rid of Sacco and then watch as the team explodes similar to the Blues last year.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:55 PM
topchowda

Quote:

Thats one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board...ever.
If Iginla, Kipper and Cammellri, the pillars of the Flames, suck this season, the flames will not make the playoffs. At the end of the season why would another GM want to give up significant pieces for players that suck. So the Flames miss the playoffs and dont get a good return

Is that easy enough

It makes alot more sense then "Yeeeah well if we miss the playoffs again for the 4th straight year well just give our 35+ Kipper and Iginla for 2 1sts and a blue chip prospect each"

Id love to hear the alternative

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
If Iginla, Kipper and Cammellri, the pillars of the Flames, suck this season, the flames will not make the playoffs. At the end of the season why would another GM want to give up significant pieces for players that suck. So the Flames miss the playoffs and dont get a good return

Is that easy enough

It makes alot more sense then "Yeeeah well if we miss the playoffs again for the 4th straight year well just give our 35+ Kipper and Iginla for 2 1sts and a blue chip prospect each"

Id love to hear the alternative
I think it's all about what the situation is at the trade deadline, not at the end of the season. If the Flames are out of it, and Iginla hasn't signed an extension, he's probably out the door otherwise they risk losing him for nothing July 1. Iginla has stated he'd waive his NMC if the team asks. Trade value/return = reasonably high. (low 1st & blue chip prospect)

Kipper probably isn't going anywhere until the off-season, as most teams have their goalie situation sorted out for the season (barring injury to someone's starter of course, or interest from the Islanders). He has another year on his contract after this one, but the team would want to wait & see if an Irving / Ramo tandem is viable for next season. Trade value/return = depends on demand.

Cammalleri could potentially be traded at the trade deadline - again, if the Flames are out of the playoff picture at that time. More likely you'd see someone like Stempniak moved. Trade value/return = medium. (low 1st/high 2nd or promising prospect)

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post

You should probably look at the other teams needs instead of your wants.
Everyone knows Millers' best days are behind him, even Miller knows this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Ask yourself, would you do this?
From which perspective? I've been told that sometimes my proposals favor the Canucks, but obviously not this one - I guess I was willing to give too much to over-compensate for some earlier criticisms. So I guess the pick going to Vancouver could be bumped to a second rounder, but I think that's it, a first would too much imho.

to vancouver canucks: Stafford, ott, 2nd pick

to buf ebbett, vandermeer, reinprecht, 4th rd pick

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote