Old
02-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
^What does it say?
In a nutshell:

- He's underperformed and has a lot to learn especially when it comes to defensive play. He can also be a lot more reliable with the puck than what's been seen so far. Playing with Seto and Cullen, who both underperformed made things even worse.

- The Wild made a huge mistake when they decided to start him at center right away. He's never been strong defensively on any level. Having to put so much energy on defensive play meant he had no fuel left for offense.

- Scratching him for this game is a bit of a strange choice, but it will just make him try harder

- He should play wing in the NHL for the rest of the season

- It's not realistic to expect him to dominate at this point, he's still adapting. Still, he's (in the Finnish scale) an exceptionally talented player. He's a vulnerable player (as has been seen) and requires a certain environment to succeed, so far he hasn't had that.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:01 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroldEFX View Post
Eventually, Yeo is gonna try out Granny on the first line wing, that is of course if the team doesn't start winning with Coyle there.
This is why people are so worked up about it. They feel that Granlund should have been given this chance before Coyle.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Sounds reasonable to me.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:03 PM
WILDTATE10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakux View Post
Lol, not a chance. If anything there might've been 1-5% chance of him taking away the puck. However I'll stop discussing that goal with you now since I've got feeling you're stubborn as a mule.
Could say the same for you. But yea enough Heatley and back to Granlund

Old
02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Syan Ruter
Snus boogey woogey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
This is why people are so worked up about it. They feel that Granlund should have been given this chance before Coyle.
I completely agree, however, I also agree with some on here that Coyle is a better fit for the first line with that right handed shot. Either that, or Yeo is trying to make competition for Granlund so that he HAS to work for the roster spot. That's just a wild speculation (no pun intended)

We'll see how this game goes and hopefully the management will now how to move forward from there.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:13 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Granlund and Coyle's careers with the Wild should be long. It's not a race. Each player takes his own path. If Coyle has 3 non-productive games, he'll be back in the AHL for the rest of the year.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
But wouldn't Koivu be the guy crashing the net if Granlund played there? I think he's a beast at doing that... Koivu and Granlund had some shifts together back in the WC2011 and IMO they looked damn good out there. I think it would be a great fit and I honestly don't understand why Coyle gets the opportunity before MG..

Exactly.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Beegoalie

Also for all of those people who critized the few who brought up Stamkos's slow start to his NHL career. In no way were they saying Granlund>Stamkos or Granlund=Stamkos..thats just ridiculous. But lets take a look at the numbers..

Steven Stamkos's first 16 games in the NHL: 2 goals 2 assists 4 points -8 33SOG

Mikael Granlund's first 9 games in the NHL: 1 goal 2 assists 3 points Even 11 SOG

Sometimes it takes a player awhile to adjust. Give the kid time. Stamkos isn't the only example like this I'm sure I could find many...

Old
02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
toewsintangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Also for all of those people who critized the few who brought up Stamkos's slow start to his NHL career. In no way were they saying Granlund>Stamkos or Granlund=Stamkos..thats just ridiculous. But lets take a look at the numbers..

Steven Stamkos's first 16 games in the NHL: 2 goals 2 assists 4 points -8 33SOG

Mikael Granlund's first 9 games in the NHL: 1 goal 2 assists 3 points Even 11 SOG

Sometimes it takes a player awhile to adjust. Give the kid time. Stamkos isn't the only example like this I'm sure I could find many...
As a half troll, one of the reasons Stamkos exploded as a hockey player is that a certain poor coach was booted of the organization.. anything comparable here, eh?

Old
02-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Henri M

This is completely unfounded, but I can not help feeling like Granlunds NHL time might be over. If he ends up playing long term in the AHL, he will be better off in the KHL, and will probably end up there.

Even though he puts on a brave face, I am afraid his motivation and willingness to continue playing for Minnesota has been severely reduced. Just a feeling though.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Granlund 64

Feeling based on?

Old
02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M View Post
This is completely unfounded, but I can not help feeling like Granlunds NHL time might be over. If he ends up playing long term in the AHL, he will be better off in the KHL, and will probably end up there.

Even though he puts on a brave face, I am afraid his motivation and willingness to continue playing for Minnesota has been severely reduced. Just a feeling though.
It's been nine games. Nine.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Henri M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund 64 View Post
Feeling based on?
Nothing, just a hunch. But then again it depends on how strong the kid is mentally.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:

My God man give the kid some time. A game in the press box isn't going to send Granlund on some career ending battle with depression. If anything it will give him a little rest, motivation, and perspective. This should also help the wild coaching staff modify thier plans for Granlund (ie play him on the wing not center for now).

Old
02-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Granlund 64

Quote:
Nothing, just a hunch. But then again it depends on how strong the kid is mentally.
Seems pretty mentally strong from his comments. Doubt he gives up his childhood dream so easily.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:19 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund 64 View Post
Seems pretty mentally strong from his comments. Doubt he gives up his childhood dream so easily.
I'll be damned if Koivu lets him give up.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Gaps

Quote:

I don't believe for one second that MiG wants to give up at this point. And even if he does, he will not be allowed to do so, trust me.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:47 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
I can see this view too

Old
02-08-2013, 01:08 AM
SphinX
YouWantSome?

Quote:

U mad bro?

Old
02-08-2013, 03:30 AM
Henri M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
U mad bro?
Huh? Not at all bro

Well, you finns are probably much more aware of how he handles challenges mentally and emotionally. Let us hope he pulls through, and does not take the easy way out.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:56 AM
behemolari

Quote:
Huh? Not at all bro

Well, you finns are probably much more aware of how he handles challenges mentally and emotionally. Let us hope he pulls through, and does not take the easy way out.
The deal is, he is going to be a force. He wont give up ever, and this benching does not have any effect on him as a player, but less points for the Wild and slows their total chemistry growing as a team. Instead that putting MiG to play position he should (at the first line), the coach places another rookie with less talent and less proof right there.. and scratch his top3 forward, who belongs to first line wing. No. This is not going to affect MiG anyhow, but this team.. and this system.. doesn't look that cleaver.

Last edited by behemolari: 02-08-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old
02-08-2013, 04:23 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Don‘t talk about better fit on that first line. there can‘t be an easier thing to do for a rookie than playing on a line with Parise and Mikko.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:31 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Huh? Not at all bro

MiG's been a victim of some very bad coaching before and yet he's always bounced back eventually. Not entirely without help from others, but still. He's not permanently broken.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:25 AM
toewsintangibles

The best way to let the team know they're all accountable for their actions: Scratch the rookie! Coaching 101

Closed Thread