HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michel Therrien

Old
02-07-2013, 06:35 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
I would've liked a timeout after the second goal
I though he would have called a timeout after the first goal, 14 seconds in...could have slowed the B's momentum...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I don't know what White could do against the Ruins.

Normally I'd agree but the fact is that Therrien is doing a lot of little things that Carbonneau and Cunneyworth didn't, e.g.

- He had the good sense to make Plekanec (and not DD) the 1st line offensive center, as can be seen from the PP units in the first practices.
- He distributes more ice time to the top lines, unlike Carbonneau who thought that Kostopoulos-Lapierre-Latendresse was the number one line.
- He is putting in the effort to shelter the rookies, Galchenyuk and Gallagher. They have Brandon Prust on their line helping out, and they're not getting the toughest matchups and being put in a position to fail.
- He's not afraid to change the lineup if the team wins a game but can still be improved.
new coaching often provides a short term burst. However, over the long haul they make very little difference. The players you have trumps anything a coach can do. The only time coaching makes a difference is when he is extremely terrible.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:18 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
new coaching often provides a short term burst. However, over the long haul they make very little difference. The players you have trumps anything a coach can do. The only time coaching makes a difference is when he is extremely terrible.
Like Cunneyworth ?

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I don't know what White could do against the Ruins.
A lot of things. Even if he's not too smart right now.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:54 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Like Cunneyworth ?
Sure, although I find his lack of good coaching and being the cause of the habs awful performances last year to be vastly overstated.

We simply didn't have the horses. Markov has shown time and time again that we play close to 650 hockey with him in the lineup and under 500 with him out. We had key injuries to key players, not to mention the GM took the wings out of cunney before takeoff.

With that being said, he was a pretty garbage coach, not NHL quality, but there are 20-25 coaches every year who are, and having any one of those 25 makes little to no difference, even guys like Babcock and Ruff will suck with bad teams.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:54 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Yeah would be a good spot for Eller full time...can even swap Eller/Galchenyuk at center.
I thought about this too but then I saw the kids get roughed up a bit when Prust was not there on the line last night.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:00 AM
BobbyFischer*

Gallagher on shootouts, please.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:36 AM
la25ecoupe

Is there a Terrien Post Game Interview swearing at White?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Batarnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Is there a Terrien Post Game Interview swearing at White?
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/i...endre-1.581284

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:31 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batarnac View Post
So what exactly was said?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:44 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
So what exactly was said?
"The first time it happened, we had a talk about it. The second time, we sent him a message. The third time.... he better get it this time."

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Therrien is slowly showing that he learned nothing from his past. Calling out White was totally uncalled for, as truthful as it was.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:18 PM
PyrettaBlaze

^^^ I gotta agree with you on that. Calling out White to the media was definitely unnecessary.

02-08-2013, 12:25 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

meh, it's not like MT threw him under the bus or something, only said that he better get te message, so to speak.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't do it too often.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:28 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Therrien is slowly showing that he learned nothing from his past. Calling out White was totally uncalled for, as truthful as it was.
Yea pretty much. And he tried to be "snkeay" about it by not mentioning his name. Which makes no difference obv, since it was too obvious.
For now it's nice and all, winning games, but i'm not looking forward to our first losing streak, specifically not looking forward to the possibility of MT calling out publicly more prominent prospects later on, like the Gallys, which are prone to make some big mistakes sooner or later; essential part of their learning curves.

Nonetheless, what white did was plain stupid.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
meh, it's not like MT threw him under the bus or something, only said that he better get te message, so to speak.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't do it too often.
He's calling him dumb for not understanding the message. If that's not throwing somebody under the bus.

Oh and white putting his team in trouble...sure. He did. But Therrien looks incredibly stupid. At one point, he doesn't want to see Subban and Price celebrating together 'cause it's not A TEAM CONCEPT, yet, he blames only White for his team's loss....WHERE'S THE TEAM CONCEPT? And why doesn't he take some part of the blame for not choosing the right guys in the shootout? Why doesn't he take the part of the blame for not going with Price? Or not using Gallagher at all on OT, same Gallagher who had scored in the game. Or not calling a timeout in due time. When is he going to bash himself? What White did was downright stupid...we know it, he knows it. No need to humiliate a guy more...

What,s going to be Therrien next remarks? "It's a if Ryan White is trying to be the dumbest hockey player in the NHL.....I've never seen a player so DUMMMMMMMMMMB"??? Pittsburgh all over again....

Old
02-08-2013, 12:37 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
He's calling him dumb for not understanding the message. If that's not throwing somebody under the bus.

Oh and white putting his team in trouble...sure. He did. But Therrien looks incredibly stupid. At one point, he doesn't want to see Subban and Price celebrating together 'cause it's not A TEAM CONCEPT, yet, he blames only White for his team's loss....WHERE'S THE TEAM CONCEPT? And why doesn't he take some part of the blame for not choosing the right guys in the shootout? Why doesn't he take the part of the blame for not going with Price? Or not using Gallagher at all on OT, same Gallagher who had scored in the game. Or not calling a timeout in due time. When is he going to bash himself? What White did was downright stupid...we know it, he knows it. No need to humiliate a guy more...

What,s going to be Therrien next remarks? "It's a if Ryan White is trying to be the dumbest hockey player in the NHL.....I've never seen a player so DUMMMMMMMMMMB"??? Pittsburgh all over again....
drama...

Old
02-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
drama...
Which is exactly what you'll get with Therrien. Don't blame me.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:39 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I said the same thin as soon as I heard about it. Don't coach your team through the media, especially not in Montreal.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:40 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Which is exactly what you'll get with Therrien. Don't blame me.
you see drama where there is none.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:45 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
yes because Media here is very civil, and doesn't exploit the emotional attachment the fan-base has towards this teams by blowing small stories out of proportions.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
You,re making it a drama. I'm saying that he shouldn't be calling up people like that. What's wrong with that? Did I say that I wanted Therrien out for that reason?

By the way, calling it out an individual doesn't happen on every post game interview. Point, is that people were trying to demonstrate that Therrien had learned from his past like he's blaming White for not doing it....And he hasn't done it himself.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:51 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
You,re making it a drama. I'm saying that he shouldn't be calling up people like that. What's wrong with that? Did I say that I wanted Therrien out for that reason?

By the way, calling it out an individual doesn't happen on every post game interview. Point, is that people were trying to demonstrate that Therrien had learned from his past like he's blaming White for not doing it....And he hasn't done it himself.
I suggest you re-read some of your posts...

Old
02-08-2013, 12:55 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
yes because Media here is very civil, and doesn't exploit the emotional attachment the fan-base has towards this teams by blowing small stories out of proportions.
haha, seeing the reactions here on White (in game and post game thread), medias are just fine

Old
02-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Habnot

Quote:

Totally agree with you here Whitesnake, it's the first sign of the old Therrien and more importantly it goes against all the messaging Bergevin and Therrien have been communicating from the start. This is not drama, just the facts.

MT could of easily said it was a team loss and then deal with White in closed doors. Let White take responsibility, which he did, no need to make such damaging statements. especially given his own mismanagement of the game as stated previously.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote