HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Weber is a 6-7 type of guy and we would be really lucky to get a 3rd back not even going to mention a 2nd cause I think it's ridiculous. Lovejoy last night a # 6-7 went for a 5th
Lovejoy is also 29 in 2 weeks and has never been a good prospect. He has no single quality that a team would want him for.

Weber is 24 and he has a skill that he could parlay into a #4-6 role in the right situation with more development. weber has a big shot and some offensive skill.

If I was Bergevin I would start the coversation at a 2nd and would settle for a 3rd from a possible bottom 10 team. At this point there is no rush to get anything done.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Lovejoy is also 29 in 2 weeks and has never been a good prospect. He has no single quality that a team would want him for.

Weber is 24 and he has a skill that he could parlay into a #4-6 role in the right situation with more development. weber has a big shot and some offensive skill.

If I was Bergevin I would start the coversation at a 2nd and would settle for a 3rd from a possible bottom 10 team. At this point there is no rush to get anything done.
not to mention his value will only increase as more dmen get injured and the trade deadline gets closer.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

This. Although Anaheim noted that they have somehow liked Lovejoy for a while. Maybe that's true, who knows, maybe they were the only team that would have offered anything at all, so it might not be possible to extrapolate Weber's trade value from Lovejoy's.

The other thing Weber gives us is a cheap #7/8 again for next season. Assuming Kaberle will be gone, then Weber is "less redundant" next year. And cheap. Kinda sucks for Weber if he's not getting a chance to play and develop. But for our purposes, if we don't have anybody ready to step up and displace him, he's as good a warm body as any, and isn't likely to depreciate much relative to his current value.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
This. Although Anaheim noted that they have somehow liked Lovejoy for a while. Maybe that's true, who knows, maybe they were the only team that would have offered anything at all, so it might not be possible to extrapolate Weber's trade value from Lovejoy's.

The other thing Weber gives us is a cheap #7/8 again for next season. Assuming Kaberle will be gone, then Weber is "less redundant" next year. And cheap. Kinda sucks for Weber if he's not getting a chance to play and develop. But for our purposes, if we don't have anybody ready to step up and displace him, he's as good a warm body as any, and isn't likely to depreciate much relative to his current value.
If we can get value we can always replace him with a cheap UFA if Tinordi/Beaulieu are not ready. St.Denis could be an option in that #7 role too, would be a good fit there.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
If we can get value we can always replace him with a cheap UFA if Tinordi/Beaulieu are not ready.
As long as the value is good. Some cheap UFAs (Bouillon) come as advertised (or better), some... do not (Campoli). Not having to roll the dice has at least some value, is all. It's why I'd hold out for a 2nd.
Quote:
St.Denis could be an option in that #7 role too, would be a good fit there.
Could be. But he'll be UFA too and maybe will opt for a change of scenery or guaranteed money in Switzerland, who knows. I liked his cameo with the Habs last year, for sure, we all did, but I have to admit when I watch him in Hamilton I don't get the same sense that he's NHL material that I did when he was actually in the NHL.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Pigems*

What do you guys think of trading Gio to Detroit for Johan Franzen and what would need to be added on either side to make it work? / would it be worth it?

Old
02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
What do you guys think of trading Gio to Detroit for Johan Franzen and what would need to be added on either side to make it work?
I think we would beed to add a lot, e.g. Nathan Neaulieu.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Pigems*

Oh okay rather not do that

Old
02-07-2013, 05:29 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
I made a thread on the trade board but there isn't much of a response so I'll ask here.

I think the habs should move Gio to fill needs on our roster. I think he could net a good return, especially if we retain 1-1.5 of his cap hit. Gio at 3.5-4 is very attractive for a team looking for leadership and speed. Some posters have talked about how Gio doesn't fit in with MT's forecheck, and I've noticed he's getting very predictable and having a case of tunnel vision. I think moving him for a decent return would in the long run would prove better for us than to hang onto him, especially with Gallagher, Galchenyuk,etc getting in the lineup, making Gionta rendundant by the end of his contract.

I really like Gio as a player and Captain, and I understand that we would need to see what he could get but do you think what I am suggesting is plausible/a good move?

Old
02-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
As long as the value is good. Some cheap UFAs (Bouillon) come as advertised (or better), some... do not (Campoli). Not having to roll the dice has at least some value, is all. It's why I'd hold out for a 2nd.

Could be. But he'll be UFA too and maybe will opt for a change of scenery or guaranteed money in Switzerland, who knows. I liked his cameo with the Habs last year, for sure, we all did, but I have to admit when I watch him in Hamilton I don't get the same sense that he's NHL material that I did when he was actually in the NHL.
That's what I'm saying, no need to make a rush deal for Weber.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:51 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Tim Thomas to the NYI's for a 3rd round pick if he signs?

Old
02-07-2013, 05:51 PM
TennisMenace

I'd like to bundle Gionta and Pleks and try to get more youth to build on for next year. (This year is more like a rebuilding year.)

Old
02-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Tim Thomas to the NYI's for a 3rd round pick if he signs?
It's a 2nd and he is already signed, otherwise he'd be a UFA.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
What do you guys think of trading Gio to Detroit for Johan Franzen and what would need to be added on either side to make it work? / would it be worth it?
Trading your captain is usually a bad idea, plus it would cost more to do the deal...pass.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:57 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's a 2nd and he is already signed, otherwise he'd be a UFA.
Boston just keeps getting the picks and Thomas has seen his best years already,let's hope the NYI's make the playoffs this year.Apparently the NYI's did the trade for a 2nd in 2014 or 2015,to make the salary cap floor.Why doesn't 2nd round picks fall to the Habs that easily.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-07-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 06:04 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Why would Detroit be interested in Gio rather than Franzen? The proposal makes very little sense to me.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Pigems*

This would be a risk but what about Gio, Pleky, LeBlanc + to Anaheim. For getzlav and perry on there last year and try to resign? What would the plus or plus' have to be? Would it be worth it?

Old
02-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Why would Detroit be interested in Gio rather than Franzen? The proposal makes very little sense to me.
Hopefully his leadership qualities cause Everthing else is fading

Old
02-07-2013, 07:50 PM
rockjngo

I would try to explore the options of trading Markov, Plekanec, Gionta and Erik Cole.

I think Marky's legs aren't the same, he's slower this season. If the right deal comes along for a first round pick, we need to rebuild.

I would love Seth Jones and PK Subban back there, yeah just happens they are both black but Montreal is the city that open to that.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:45 PM
le_sean

No idea what Colorado would want for O'Reilly, but I'd be willing to give it.

Replacement for DD and eventual 2nd line compliment when Galchenyuk is ready to be "the guy".

Old
02-07-2013, 09:54 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Hopefully his leadership qualities cause Everthing else is fading
I don't think Detroit lacks leadership with Datsyuk & Zetterberg just to name those 2. Besides Gionta has a full NTC, I'm not sure he would accept this trade at all. Detroit isn't more of a first tier team than Montreal is right now.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:01 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

A plausible logical trade for both sides

Transaction with Colorado:

Kaberle for Zanon or Hunwick

Defensemans Colorado statistic total: 0 goal - 7 assists in 60 games(less than diaz alone ) and they are 28th in PP. So Kaberle could be a great addition for them.

Hunwick or Zanon will fit our need for a 7th-8th defensive defenseman. Usefull depth for the playoff. If good can stay an other year, if bad can be buyout(lesser than Kaberle). Will also give better chances for Yannick Weber to play if our offensive defensemans are injured.

Kaberle, Zanon and Hunwick still have two more years on their contract.
Kaberle at 4.25M$, Zanon at 2.25M$ and Hunwick at 1.6M$.

I think it will be an upgrade for both team. Colorado receive a valuable player for their PP and we improve our depth and cap space.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Dekar

Speaking of Colorado, Weber for O'Byrne was mentioned on the trade board and it was agreed on by a few members of both sides. Sounds like a mutually agreeable trade, and a bigger guys like we could use on the back end right now.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

If we do a trade with Colorado, i want O'Reilly.

I would trade either DD or Eller with a pick for him. He would help us on faceoffs too. He would be a logical target for us.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:12 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I would do Kaberle for Zanon in a heartbeat. Not sure if Avs fans would. Not because Zanon's been great this year (I hear he hasn't been) but more because of the contracts.
No interest in Hunwick, he's awful and more of what we already have.

Closed Thread