HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #9 : KINGS @ PREDATORS - Thursday, 2/7/13 @ 5:00 pm PST

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
someone said that to be on pace for playoffs (and this was the other night) that we have to go something like 21-18-1 .

hmmmmmm.
That's a 4/5 game winning streak and .500 hockey. Just sayin..

Old
02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
kingfansince1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
These guy do realize that you have to win a certain amount of games to qualify for the playoffs, right? I mean, they dont give an automatic spot for the cup champs.
It's about time they realize that having won the Cup is now history of the past. Now, it is no big deal.

It's more than time for Bernier to start in goal. Quick has to feel some kind of pressure.

Old
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Brutal. Absolutely brutal. Poor Quick.

Old
Martyros

Trade King for a dman. He hasn't done anything useful. He can't even dump the puck in properly.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Trade King for a dman. He hasn't done anything useful. He can't even dump the puck in properly.
The 2012 playoffs appears to have been his Chris Kontos like run. That may have been a flash in the pan moment for King.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:58 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Carolina Hurricanes once won a Stanley Cup too. It's in the past. While it's nice to look back at it, this is a team that is supposed to defend its title and prove everyone that they can be as good as they were during the playoffs during the course of the season. All we've seen 9 games into a 48 game season is that they are wildly inconsistent and struggle to score against playoff teams.
All of those things you have said are true but let me ask you this, does tonight, our 9th game of the season mean that we are now suddenly the same as the Canes when they won the cup? Are we the ducks? Are the Lightning?

No, we are the team that just returned its entire roster after winning the cup. The same guys, the same coaches and everyone else except Kompon.

We are missing two huge key factors to our success and asking our rarely played 7th dman and a pure rookie to fill in for them. Their absence also causes our forwards to try and help cover for their loss (which is obvious when watching them play but the results sure don't seem to show for it) and our remaining D to try and do too much as well.

My point is this game sucks and we aren't seeing what we want but it isn't the end of the world nor are we suddenly going to be another one hit wonder simply because a, others have been and b, we aren't playing as well as we did for the last third of last season and through our cup run.

Its going to be fine. We will get healthy. We will adjust. We will be fine. These things, while difficult to go through as a team and as fans are where character are built and that is what I see happening.

It isn't the end of the world, its just a hill. We can climb it and win the cup again. One game doesn't undue anything, nor do ten.

I mean can't we also go on an 8 game winning streak once we get healthy? Can't we make a couple of adjustments and be right where we want to be? I mean, we just won the cup and now I am supposed to believe that we are going to be the worst team in the league again because we aren't having a perfect start?

Take a look at the records of other teams that have won the cup since the lock out that have won it more than once (look at the wings, they came back after winning a cup and had a terrible start and have won the cup again) or have been right there among the elite teams competing for it.

We are young and talented and my money is on our turning it on and getting back there more than failing. That is my point.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
At least Phoenix is getting destroyed by Chicago.
Happy that my second favorite team is doing really well.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:02 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
someone said that to be on pace for playoffs (and this was the other night) that we have to go something like 21-18-1 .

hmmmmmm.
That still involves winning more than 1 out of every 3 games.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:04 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

44DD taking shooting lessons from Stool there???

Old
02-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Jetteroheller

Someone at the game has to yell to Brown they heard we are trading him for Kessel!

Old
02-07-2013, 10:05 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Oh Davis...

Old
02-07-2013, 10:07 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Mike Richards looks like he's forgotten how to play hockey.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
All of those things you have said are true but let me ask you this, does tonight, our 9th game of the season mean that we are now suddenly the same as the Canes when they won the cup? Are we the ducks? Are the Lightning?

No, we are the team that just returned its entire roster after winning the cup. The same guys, the same coaches and everyone else except Kompon.

We are missing two huge key factors to our success and asking our rarely played 7th dman and a pure rookie to fill in for them. Their absence also causes our forwards to try and help cover for their loss (which is obvious when watching them play but the results sure don't seem to show for it) and our remaining D to try and do too much as well.

My point is this game sucks and we aren't seeing what we want but it isn't the end of the world nor are we suddenly going to be another one hit wonder simply because a, others have been and b, we aren't playing as well as we did for the last third of last season and through our cup run.

Its going to be fine. We will get healthy. We will adjust. We will be fine. These things, while difficult to go through as a team and as fans are where character are built and that is what I see happening.

It isn't the end of the world, its just a hill. We can climb it and win the cup again. One game doesn't undue anything, nor do ten.

I mean can't we also go on an 8 game winning streak once we get healthy? Can't we make a couple of adjustments and be right where we want to be? I mean, we just won the cup and now I am supposed to believe that we are going to be the worst team in the league again because we aren't having a perfect start?

Take a look at the records of other teams that have won the cup since the lock out that have won it more than once (look at the wings, they came back after winning a cup and had a terrible start and have won the cup again) or have been right there among the elite teams competing for it.

We are young and talented and my money is on our turning it on and getting back there more than failing. That is my point.
Agreed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1360292809252.jpg‎ (8.1 KB, 6 views)

Old
02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

is that the equivalent of the Lakers being down by 30,the same as the Kings being down by 3?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

****ing dive by Hannan to try to stop a scoring chance.

Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

We really were a one trick pony lol.

Old
Scottkmlps

Can you smell the shutout?

Old
Richie10

Dwight King is a terrible hockey player.

Old
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Can you smell the shutout?
No...I think it's gas...

Old
02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Ollie Weeks

I can't believe Doughty is averaging 2 shots on goal a game. I can't even remember one.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
We really were a one trick pony lol.
Yes, and one game proves that.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Good level headed post. It is getting a bit frustrating to see them playing with no jump, but it's odd to see so many people saying we need to trade richards, carter, king, nolan (these two guys are rookies ffs), etc. I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt for this year, before everyone goes jumping off bridges...

Old
02-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Has a puck ever gotten through one of those photographer holes on the glass?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:17 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Has a puck ever gotten through one of those photographer holes on the glass?
Once in Edmonton I think...and we got caught for shooting it "over the glass"...

Old
02-07-2013, 10:17 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Stoll, worthless

Closed Thread