HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You think he was bad.

He was average...not as bad as some posters here think but definitely not good!!!

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
The winning goal in OT or shootout is automatically 1st star. Plus RDS doesnt pick the stars so ...
That's right, knowledgeable Habs fans pick the stars.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Smother the puck, or fall on the puck...he should have had that last goal. Budaj owns a piece of this abomination tonight.
There were 3 Buffalo players whacking on the puck and Ott shoving him to the back of the net. If anybody was to blame on that goal it's the dumbass officials for allowing blatant goalie interference and the Habs player for not knocking anybody down. With under 10 seconds left you clear the front of the net and put guys on their ass.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:13 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Longest*

A warrior, a playoff warrior. The heart and soul of this team when he was here.
He doesn't like Plekanec and Koivu, our two best centers in the last 15 years. They aren't hall of famers but they always gave everything they had (still is in #14's case). He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about or is trolling. Ignore him IMO.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
drewbloodfins

Bergevin should call Gordon Bombay. Maybe Goldberg's free.

drewbloodfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
MT's facial expression after the game-tying goal really said it all.

Franck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
You think he was bad.

You think he was good.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
There were 3 Buffalo players whacking on the puck and Ott shoving him to the back of the net. If anybody was to blame on that goal it's the dumbass officials for allowing blatant goalie interference and the Habs player for not knocking anybody down. With under 10 seconds left you clear the front of the net and put guys on their ass.
Not disagreeing, just saying Budaj could have helped his own cause with a save there.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:14 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

gonna be alot harder to get up for toronto after that ****ing ******...what a fan****ingtastic performance by the officials...ott in the crease...vanek shoving budaj over the godamn line with his stick. fucck what a **** show jesus christ.

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Well he played terrible on the last goal in the 3rd period. And of course against a soft team like Buffalo, that where get his points. He dissapears in pressure games.
Wait guys, next he's going to tell us Pleks hasn't been our best forward and that DD is playing great this season...

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bloumeister
Certifiable

No excuses.

That's all folks!

/thread

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
But the tying goal was complete BS. Ott made no effort to clear the crease, and pulled a full Shaq on Budaj.
Maybe so, but bad calls (and non-calls) happen. What White did tonight was really stupid, especially considering this is first game back after being benched for bad penalties.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
I dont blame Budaj. We had a 4-2 lead. Ryan ******* White made this alllllllllllllllllll possible.
So many to choose from. But I will pick yours for the hell of it since it made me laugh that you cannot blame Budaj.

Lets look at the penalties tonight.

Gallagher.....double minor.

Then we had a nice little run of Armstrong, Bourque, Cole and Gionta.

And the reactionaries want to blame White because Budaj let in a goal while he was in the box and played stellar defense while the other Habs were in the box.

Makes ****ing logical sense.

And then, blame White because Tim Peel refused to call an interference penalty on Ott.

Ott is laughing his ass off. He went low on White and then wimped out and kept his gloves on.

Normal hockey fans would direct their anger at Ott or the referee. But here, we have the honor of directing the anger at Ryan White.

Allsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess this fanbase deserves a return to the good old days of Jacques Martin where toughness was non-existent and good old fashioned Canadiens ass whippings were the norm.

But lets run Ryan White out of Montreal. Amazing.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Rozz

Well that ****ing sucked! i blame budja more than any one else.. well not really "blame" him as its not really his fault that he has no skill. but man i think we can all agree that any game where hes the starter is a game we are gonna lose.. the team plays with no confidence in front of him and why should they have any with the 2 games hes put up so far this year.. white cost us a goal with some extremely stupid dumb assery ... he needs to be tought a lesson the hard way with some sitting and some coaching punishment... but i'm not ready to give up on him completely.. and to be honest it will take him one dominating fight for every one to love him again.. people on here are such extremist but hey thats just the nature of the beast i guess.

hey just thought of an interesting fact .. both times white has effed up and gotten 4 mins and started a comeback for the other team budja was the goalie in net.. i wonder if there is some strange pyshcological connection.. maybe he get angry when price isnt in net..

Rozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:15 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Final goal was clear goalie interference by Ott. Not to mention at any other point in the game the play would've been whistled dead.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Craig71

I would have let Brandon Prust shoot instead of Gionta.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
shawnt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
So many to choose from. But I will pick yours for the hell of it since it made me laugh that you cannot blame Budaj.

Lets look at the penalties tonight.

Gallagher.....double minor.

Then we had a nice little run of Armstrong, Bourque, Cole and Gionta.

And the reactionaries want to blame White because Budaj let in a goal while he was in the box and played stellar defense while the other Habs were in the box.

Makes ****ing logical sense.

And then, blame White because Tim Peel refused to call an interference penalty on Ott.

Ott is laughing his ass off. He went low on White and then wimped out and kept his gloves on.

Normal hockey fans would direct their anger at Ott or the referee. But here, we have the honor of directing the anger at Ryan White.

Allsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess this fanbase deserves a return to the good old days of Jacques Martin where toughness was non-existent and good old fashioned Canadiens ass whippings were the norm.

Not sure if serious.

shawnt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Maybe so, but bad calls (and non-calls) happen. What White did tonight was really stupid, especially considering this is first game back after being benched for bad penalties.
Absolutely agree. White cost us the game. Still an incredibly bad call by NHL head office. Once again who does it and when they do it seem to be way, way, way more important to the NHL than what actually happens on a play. Just ask Ryan Miller.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

On a bright note Gallagher is like a damn breath of fresh air and this is his 9th game! He is probably our best finisher on this team devoid of anyone with a killer instinct.

My shootout choice next time...
Galchenyuk
Markov
Gallagher

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
andy28

Quote:

That was not toughness, that was plain stupidity. I like White's hustle, but that was stupid.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
The bottom line is the defence is just too small. It's only heightened when the coaching staff refuses to use Subban in key defensive situations, which was the case tonight.

You are going to see scenes like the 3rd and 4th goal repeated constantly. Our D is just too small and not physical. Guarantee you the 3rd or 4th goal doesn't happen if we have a legit 6'3' physical crease clearer.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

[...]
This would be hilarious if you weren't so serious. Instead it's just sad. Stop putting anybody who can drop the gloves on a pedestal and wake up to the fact that your beloved grinder cost us 2 games this season by playing like an idiot.

God forbid we run the almighty, do-no-wrong Ryan White out of town. Talk about a hole we'll be trying to fill for years.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
He doesn't like Plekanec and Koivu, our two best centers in the last 15 years. They aren't hall of famers but they always gave everything they had (still is in #14's case). He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about or is trolling. Ignore him IMO.
Well Koivu never won anything... dido Plekanec... You cant win with diminutive ,and in Plekanec's case soft, centers.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Plekanec sucks in shootout and on breakaways... Should not be there
Plekanec is excellent on breakaway in the fire of the action but for some reasons sucks in shoutout.. Plekanec is all about energy and intensity, thats how I explain it..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
******** desti de colis!! White is a ****ing 2 watts, what a idiot, incredible...

Cole?????? WTF Just start playing hockey bordel de merde!! Put the guy on the fourth line, he just doesnt have his head to the game...

Outside Galchenyuk, we have slingshots to send on shoutout, thats a shame!!
Gallagher could be good no?

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote