HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Undertakerqc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm just absolutely mystified at the level of idol worship a 4th liner continues to garner when he's actively cost our team 3 points so far this year...all in the name of some mindless, ill-conceived pursuit of "toughness". While we try to run actual hockey players like Plekanec and Cole out of town. It's completely beyond me.
The grittyer teams always win in the playoff. Softies just disappear. Just like Plekanec did against the Bruins last night and in the playoffs. You need players you can always depend on. Not the case for Plekanec.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The Refs do it again.

In one game, a player barely touches the keeper, who's not even in the crease, goal gets disallowed.
Tonight, Ott is almost in the net, I mean, his skates are on the goal line! Budaj is shoved in the net, the puck is under his pads, Vanek pokes it, goal. Ya, lots of sense!

White wasn't disciplined and he needs to be smarter, but I don't blame him. His penalties were very harsh. No need for 4min, and you could have called Ott for going low. I mean, the refs know who the heck Ott is right?? He isn't this innocent player. Also, Brennan who was sitting on the bench actually tried to grab White and touched him. That should have been a penalty too.

I hate blaming the refs, but come on..

As for our players, the kids definitely need more ice time. More of Eller and Gallagher, less of Cole and DD.
The reason that the play continued was because the puck lay loose between Budaj's legs. If he freezes the puck the game is over and we're not freaking out here.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

The reason Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole will not be broken up is simple...DD can't be on a line Gallagher or Gionta.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CaliHab84

wow

new to forum just wanted to chime in, I watched the game tonight, and I have to say i was very disappointing how could we squander that lead.

I dont know whats going on with cole, he reminds me of zednik except instead of skating and crashing into the net, he crashes behind the net accomplishing nothing, he is brain dead this season.

White was the reason we lost this game, a double minor in the third is never a good thing, as bad as budaj is we still could have won if we didnt take that penalty.

CaliHab84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Dr_Hook

Everybody has been signing the paises of Therrien (and that's fine with the great start) but I kepy hearing "he's leant from his mistake". And I thought to myself : well let's wait for a little slump and see if he actually leanred anything... If tonight is an indication, not sure he has.

It's easy to stay cool when everything goes your way.

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Budaj is Gauthier's choice. I'm sure Bergevin is looking forward to sign a real number 2 at the end of the season.

And I still remember that when Budaj was signed, Martin Biron was still a UFA...
Budaj had a better sv % than Biron on a much worse team last year and is making slightly less money.

Budaj is looking like trash right now but let's not pretend Biron is Marty Brodeur just because they have the same first name.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
"Fans" like you really don't deserve cups. You're like a groom who bangs a coat check girl on his wedding day. You're like a fishwife who bleets and nags and won't lift a finger on the trawler.

You sir, are a reactionary and a bigoted nonentity. I am sad for you.
Love it.

The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
"First time, we talked to him. Second time, we sent a message, third time...........he BETTER UNDERSTAND."

"We thought it was a good time to bring Ryan White back to the lineup... it was a bad decision."

MT on White.
Deserved. It was egoistical and had nothing to do with team concept. Just a dumb dumb play. I hope calling out players in public doesn't become common but tonight, it was deserved.

Let's move on and hopefully, he understands.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
StellerEller
Playoffs!

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Can we all stop quoting and replying to patofqc? He's just a hardcore troll nordiques fan.
yuuuuuuuuuup I ignored him long ago. Its a few quick clicks ppl

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Can we all stop quoting and replying to patofqc? He's just a hardcore troll nordiques fan.

LOL that guy is still around?

I put him on ignore last season...lol

IceDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
With MT reaction, i think White played his last game in a while..
He'll actually be lucky if he plays again this season, especially with the Habs.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:35 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
"Fans" like you really don't deserve cups. You're like a groom who bangs a coat check girl on his wedding day. You're like a fishwife who bleets and nags and won't lift a finger on the trawler.

You sir, are a reactionary and a bigoted nonentity. I am sad for you.
Congratulations, you are tonight's winner.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Why isn't the defence being mentioned at all? Outside of the PP we have a brutal backend that can't move the puck or clear the crease.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
I'm just absolutely mystified at the level of idol worship a 4th liner continues to garner when he's actively cost our team 3 points so far this year...all in the name of some mindless, ill-conceived pursuit of "toughness". While we try to run actual hockey players like Plekanec and Cole out of town. It's completely beyond me.
Its not a level of idol worship for a 4th liner.......Ryan White.

Its more a level of incredulity that we have a piss poor backup goalie who is worthless and a referee that always screws the Habs in a game.........while watching a portion of the fanbase go ape **** crazy in their attacks on Ryan White.

I cant wait for the first time Prust takes a penalty and the other team scores a PP goal with him in the box.

That should be a good one, eh?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
White wasn't disciplined and he needs to be smarter, but I don't blame him. His penalties were very harsh.
I was impressed with some of White's shifts before he was benched. The guy was flying, and throwing hits. But fairness of his penalties aside, it does bother me that he does this in his first game back after being benched for the same thing. You'd think he'd be trying extra hard not to flip out.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Rosso Scuderia

How many good games has Cole, DD and MaxPac as an individual this season?

1 for Cole
1 for DD
I don't even know for Max.

The slow start excuse should stop now. 10 games already, more than 20% of the season. Eller got scratched once for playing one bad game (like the rest of his teammates) but he played 2-3 good games in a row.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

I really like White, but what the **** is he thinking, a really frustrating loss.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
I made a comment back before White was scratched the first time, when the usual suspects accused me of being a "pacifist" for proposing that White needs to learn a lesson.

I find it interesting how much of these same people applauded when Eller was scratched for less, and have been calling for everyone from Cole to Desharnais to Subban get punished for making mistakes.

Apparently fighting a lot is the one skill in hockey that makes you untouchable.

I hope White isn't chased out of town...at times he looks like a great 4th liner, hitting everything that moves, defending his teammates and showing an ability to take faceoffs and play solid defensive hockey. But that was stupid, just too stupid. For those who worship the Bruins, you don't see the Bruins ever doing that...they pick their battles.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
coolasprICE

White's confidence must be at an all time career low...ouch.

I have faith in MT in getting him together.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The reason Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole will not be broken up is simple...DD can't be on a line Gallagher or Gionta.
This is true and like it or not this will spell the end of DD's time in Montreal at the centre position. The kid isn't strong enough to play the body and not skilled enough to make up for that. He might find a place on the third line but I doubt it.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Just put him on my Ignore list but I keep seeing his stupid posts!!! Whyyy...

Seriously guys stop quoting him.

And seriously mods, is there any way we stop seeing post from member in IL completely?

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
How many good games has Cole, DD and MaxPac as an individual this season?

1 for Cole
1 for DD
I don't even know for Max.

The slow start excuse should stop now. 10 games already, more than 20% of the season. Eller got scratched once for playing one bad game (like the rest of his teammates) but he played 2-3 good games in a row.
They should try Galchenyuk on the first line for one game just to try it and change things for that line.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
This is gonna be good in a 24CH episode.

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:39 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

They call up Blunden tomorrow morning I bet....

IceDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:39 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Its not a level of idol worship for a 4th liner.......Ryan White.

Its more a level of incredulity that we have a piss poor backup goalie who is worthless and a referee that always screws the Habs in a game.........while watching a portion of the fanbase go ape **** crazy in their attacks on Ryan White.

I cant wait for the first time Prust takes a penalty and the other team scores a PP goal with him in the box.

That should be a good one, eh?
I'm not saying 100% of the blame should fall on White; I'm taking issue with the fact that you're suggesting 0% of it should.

But it's your shtick, so I only have myself to blame here. White could turn around and rifle the puck into his own net and I'd be arguing with you about why it wasn't a smart thing to do.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote