HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:40 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Hey Pat keep posting not all of us are ******* that can't take an opinion.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Just put him on my Ignore list but I keep seeing his stupid posts!!! Whyyy...

Seriously guys stop quoting him.

And seriously mods, is there any way we stop seeing post from member in IL completely?
Agreed, he's on my ignore list but so many people take his bait that it's useless.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm just absolutely mystified at the level of idol worship a 4th liner continues to garner when he's actively cost our team 3 points so far this year...all in the name of some mindless, ill-conceived pursuit of "toughness". While we try to run actual hockey players like Plekanec and Cole out of town. It's completely beyond me.
I'm with you.

I've settled down from the loss, it's not emotion talking.

Thing is, 4th line energy players who have zero hockey skills are dime a dozen. It's not like White is some rare elusive beast. Energy 4th line guys have very minimal contributions. All that is expected of them is to take a shift, not get scored on, hit a few people and skate hard chasing pucks and hope that they inspire with their hard work. If White can't even do that he has no business being in the NHL it's that simple because there's a million guys who are bigger and better at playing hockey who could replace him.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:41 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I made a comment back before White was scratched the first time, when the usual suspects accused me of being a "pacifist" for proposing that White needs to learn a lesson.

I find it interesting how much of these same people applauded when Eller was scratched for less, and have been calling for everyone from Cole to Desharnais to Subban get punished for making mistakes.

Apparently fighting a lot is the one skill in hockey that makes you untouchable.

I hope White isn't chased out of town...at times he looks like a great 4th liner, hitting everything that moves, defending his teammates and showing an ability to take faceoffs and play solid defensive hockey. But that was stupid, just too stupid. For those who worship the Bruins, you don't see the Bruins ever doing that...they pick their battles.
Eller? Was he in the game tonight?

Just checked the Box Score.....

16:10 TOI
1 Shot

Great game Lars!!!!

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Just put him on my Ignore list but I keep seeing his stupid posts!!! Whyyy...

Seriously guys stop quoting him.

And seriously mods, is there any way we stop seeing post from member in IL completely?
Wow some people just cant take contrary views!! I was getting the same kinda flak on AK46 and boy was i proved right. He is not even in the NHL anymore.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JSBach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
The captain with one of the worst winning record, there was ton of trouble in the dressing room while he was captain. A lot of courage beating cancer, but terrible captain.
Source? That is, can you prove that he was the cause of the trouble?

He wasn't surrounded by Hall of Fame talent.

Food for thought: he would be our leading scorer if he were on our team right now.

Last edited by JSBach: 02-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.
JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:42 PM
durojean

I'm a huge Desharnais fan and I was saying he played better than Eller last year but this year, the 1st line clearly doesn't work. Maybe just swith Eller with Desharnais next game see what happens.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The reason that the play continued was because the puck lay loose between Budaj's legs. If he freezes the puck the game is over and we're not freaking out here.
With Ott shoving him inside the net..
As for it being loose, not sure how a puck can be ''loose'', you know, every puck can become lose when you keep jamming your sticks at it.
Puck is under Budaj, Ott is dead smack in the middle of the crease to the point where Budaj is inside his own net, and sticks are jamming at his pads. I mean really, not sure what it is your are debating.
If that's the standard, fine, but you can't call that a goal and then give out the interference call during the games. Therrien essentially said the same thing in his interview.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

1 Shot

Great game Lars!!!!
We haven't watched the same game, Eller played great tonight.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Why isn't the defence being mentioned at all? Outside of the PP we have a brutal backend that can't move the puck or clear the crease.
They move the puck fine, but can't clear the crease aside from sometimes Emelin. One of the reasons Kaberle will unlikely see anymore icetime outside of injury/7 D.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
OK. Fair enough.

But I have three questions to ask you.

Who was on the ice when Ott scored Buffalo's first goal?

a. Ryan White
b. Peter Budaj

Who was on the ice when Ennis scored Buffalo's second goal?

a. Ryan White
b. Peter Budaj

Wo was on the ice when Vanek scored Buffalo's fourth goal?

a. Ryan White
b. Peter Budaj

Thanks for your reply in advance.
Here we go again... Blame the back-up goalie like you did last week instead of admitting that Ryan White cost us the game again. Your boner for 4th liners is so irrational that it any screw up they do is blinded by your love for them. Geez I don't wanna visit your place, it's probably filled with posters of him. How about you go cheer for a team filled with meatheads like Boston if you don't understand the concept of discipline. Your shtick is beyond pathetic at this point.

Chris Cutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Yes, by turning off the computer and walking away

But seriously, no. I know it's challenging, but I recommend not acknowledging his posts if you don't like what he has to say. People have a right to their opinions, even if they're unpopular.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
The captain with one of the worst winning record, there was ton of trouble in the dressing room while he was captain. A lot of courage beating cancer, but terrible captain.
Yup there was a lot of drama and it had nothing to do with Koivu, keep fishing you might get a bite one day.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Eller-Desharnais-Cole

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:

1 Shot

Great game Lars!!!!
He had a very good first period and then was invisible besides some solid puck carrying. But nice job showing my point, your willingness to deflect blame from anyone who fits your narrow definition of toughness.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
White screwed up but people need to relax a litte on him. He was standing up for a teammate.

Yeah he screwed up but he doesn't need a demotion. He's got heart and he needs some maturity... Just relax.
One day, White may become as useful as Prust.

Not today though: the guy seems unable to control his aggressiveness. What’s even more worrisome is the time he just spent in the press box, due to his indiscipline, and how little effect it had on him. On the flip side, tough guys with big heart who can play hockey are a rare commodity so sending him to the AHL may be an overreaction. “May be” are key words: it could also be the shock he needs. One thing is sure: Therrien is not happy about it!

A few telegraphic comments:

Bourque – Plekanec - Gionta need help.

Gallagher is ready to play tougher minutes; he sure deserves more ice-time than Cole.

Buffalo’s 4th goal was a joke: it was a clear case of goalie obstruction imo.

If Pacioretty is not ready to play (appendectomy), he should take a few games off; Eller is ready to assume more duties.

We suck in the faceoffs circle. We need Nokelainen!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
This is true and like it or not this will spell the end of DD's time in Montreal at the centre position. The kid isn't strong enough to play the body and not skilled enough to make up for that. He might find a place on the third line but I doubt it.
I really hope it does. I hope he's traded, frankly. I hope Lars gets a shot in the top 6.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Yup there was a lot of drama and it had nothing to do with Koivu, keep fishing you might get a bite one day.
You just took the bite.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I'm just absolutely mystified at the level of idol worship a 4th liner continues to garner when he's actively cost our team 3 points so far this year...all in the name of some mindless, ill-conceived pursuit of "toughness". While we try to run actual hockey players like Plekanec and Cole out of town. It's completely beyond me.
Not idol worship. White's still a kid and he's making some mistakes. Take a breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
White's confidence must be at an all time career low...ouch.

I have faith in MT in getting him together.
You mean after he blows him apart?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:

1 Shot

Great game Lars!!!!
insightful analysis on your part. thx.

He actually played a strong game, set up teammates a couple of times, aggressive and effective on the forecheck... But as long as his wingers are Armstrong/Moen and Prust, there's no way he can put up numbers.

We play 3 offensive lines this season and I think he needs a chance to center one of them. If not, we'll end up trading him for a bag of pucks and regret him rapidly I am afraid.

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Yes, by turning off the computer and walking away

But seriously, no. I know it's challenging, but I recommend not acknowledging his posts if you don't like what he has to say. People have a right to their opinions, even if they're unpopular.
It's not just disagreeable opinions. I disagree with SouthernHab and Mr. Hab that guy who insists that Price can't make big stops, but they aren't on my ignore list. Patofqc is an obvious troll who completely ignores any attempt at discussion and only shows up when it fits his agenda.

Which is fine, but I just ask people please don't quote him when they have already made the same responses before.

Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
They move the puck fine, but can't clear the crease aside from sometimes Emelin. One of the reasons Kaberle will unlikely see anymore icetime outside of injury/7 D.
That's a shame because Kaberle is the only one who can pass the puck with any level of consistency. Emelin's defensive game makes Kaberle look like god damn Lidstrom, the kid can barely handle the puck and has worse pinches than a grandma at a chubby cheeks convention. Most of Markovs time is spent babysitting and covering.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
I'm not saying 100% of the blame should fall on White; I'm taking issue with the fact that you're suggesting 0% of it should.

But it's your shtick, so I only have myself to blame here. White could turn around and rifle the puck into his own net and I'd be arguing with you about why it wasn't a smart thing to do.
I never said White was blameless. That was dumb to drop the gloves when Ott did not.

But if you read a lot of the posts here tonight (yours included), this loss was White's fault.

White was a non-factor in 3 of the 4 goals given up tonight. Yet, people like you jump on White and blame him for the loss. That is bull **** and deep down you know it.

The reality is that Budaj is worthless as a goalie in the NHL. The other reality is that our defense is still not as strong as it needs to be. And the other reality is that there are some skill players who have not yet stepped up their game.

But hell, its so damned easy to blame White for all of the real reasons we lost this game.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The reason that the play continued was because the puck lay loose between Budaj's legs. If he freezes the puck the game is over and we're not freaking out here.
This. Budaj caused a lot of the issues on that sequence, he never had full control of it. With 5 seconds left he has the puck right on his pads for at least a second and for some reason he never kicked it out or tried to glove it.

Ugh, whatever, I'm done talking about this game. Saturday will tell us a lot, the Leafs are red hot on the road and have won 4 of the last 5 games in MTL. As someone who has always been a skeptic about this year's team, I'm expecting the slump to reach 3 games because we're basically a team with 1 line you can trust and a smurf D, but we'll see how it goes.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I'm with you.

I've settled down from the loss, it's not emotion talking.

Thing is, 4th line energy players who have zero hockey skills are dime a dozen. It's not like White is some rare elusive beast. Energy 4th line guys have very minimal contributions. All that is expected of them is to take a shift, not get scored on, hit a few people and skate hard chasing pucks and hope that they inspire with their hard work. If White can't even do that he has no business being in the NHL it's that simple because there's a million guys who are bigger and better at playing hockey who could replace him.
I had high hopes of White. I hoped he could become a more aggressive Moen, with a bit less defensive awareness. But it really doesn't seem that's gonna happen. He needs to focus on his skills more so than his antics.
I don't agree with Therrien expressing himself in the media, and I don't blame White for this loss, but that was retarded of White.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote