HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Undertakerqc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yup there was a lot of drama and it had nothing to do with Koivu, keep fishing you might get a bite one day.
Koivu sure made life difficult for Ribeiro when he became the best center. Koivu did not like the fact that he was being passed.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
One day, White may become as useful as Prust.

Not today though: the guy seems unable to control his aggressiveness. What’s even more worrisome is the time he just spent in the press box, due to his indiscipline, and how little effect it had on him. On the flip side, tough guys with big heart who can play hockey are a rare commodity so sending him to the AHL may be an overreaction. “May be” are key words: it could also be the shock he needs. One thing is sure: Therrien is not happy about it!
Won't surprise me at all if he's a big stain on the wall after tomorrow's practice. IF he doesn't get sent to Hamilton.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

You mean after he blows him apart?
You believe this based on that he called him out to the media?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shutehinside

It's even more frustrating to think that we could easily be 8-2-0 and tops in the conference if we could just hold a ****ing 3rd period lead!

MT should watch and learn what Tippet is doing in Phoenix and make us do the same. Unreal how we can't hold a lead. So FRUSTRATING.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:48 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
One day, White may become as useful as Prust.
Why do people compare White and Prust? It's not just a matter of White controlling himself. The two aren't even close to being in the same league.

I can't even think of one thing that White does as well as Prust. And that's before we even consider White's stupid penalties.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
This. Budaj caused a lot of the issues on that sequence, he never had full control of it. With 5 seconds left he has the puck right on his pads for at least a second and for some reason he never kicked it out or tried to glove it.

Ugh, whatever, I'm done talking about this game. Saturday will tell us a lot, the Leafs are red hot on the road and have won 4 of the last 5 games in MTL. As someone who has always been a skeptic about this year's team, I'm expecting the slump to reach 3 games because we're basically a team with 1 line you can trust and a smurf D, but we'll see how it goes.
Full control or not is irrelevant. How is this goal allowed but the Ottawa's is disallowed? That's more of the issue.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Face81

Some of you guys sound like the leafs lol.... We lost a dumb ass game and White and Budaj, like it or not, had a bigger role in it then the rest of the team. Some of the comments tho xDDD I really feel like i'm the leafs board.

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
With Ott shoving him inside the net..
As for it being loose, not sure how a puck can be ''loose'', you know, every puck can become lose when you keep jamming your sticks at it.
Puck is under Budaj, Ott is dead smack in the middle of the crease to the point where Budaj is inside his own net, and sticks are jamming at his pads. I mean really, not sure what it is your are debating.
If that's the standard, fine, but you can't call that a goal and then give out the interference call during the games. Therrien essentially said the same thing in his interview.
I am not debating anything, if the puck is frozen the play is over. That's Budaj's fault for not getting a handle on it.

Not a peep out of Budaj or the players because they knew it was a puck still up for grabs.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yes, by turning off the computer and walking away

But seriously, no. I know it's challenging, but I recommend not acknowledging his posts if you don't like what he has to say. People have a right to their opinions, even if they're unpopular.
I have 9000 unpopular posts so I can vouch for this.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
Some of you guys sound like the leafs lol.... We lost a dumb ass game and White and Budaj, like it or not, had a bigger role in it then the rest of the team. Some of the comments tho xDDD I really feel like i'm the leafs board.
The Leafs are one point behind us after all and we play them in a few days...

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:50 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Koivu sure made life difficult for Ribeiro when he became the best center. Koivu did not like the fact that he was being passed.
Riberio was a flopping idiot who is practically washed up. No one but you gives a **** about him.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Hugo Sham

too bad about White. was 80% in face offs and was strong during game on PK + finishing checks. anyway we were competitive both games. what was our record after 10 last year? 20% of season over

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JSBach

I think it's time to stop feeding Patofqc.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Why do people compare White and Prust? It's not just a matter of White controlling himself. The two aren't even close to being in the same league.

I can't even think of one thing that White does as well as Prust. And that's before we even consider White's stupid penalties.
White is young, he is learning is job has an agitator. Young offensive players are allowed to make mistake, defensive players as well. White has heart and he will get his chance again. he is a player that makes your team harder to play against.

Old
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It's not just disagreeable opinions. I disagree with SouthernHab and Mr. Hab that guy who insists that Price can't make big stops, but they aren't on my ignore list. Patofqc is an obvious troll who completely ignores any attempt at discussion and only shows up when it fits his agenda.

Which is fine, but I just ask people please don't quote him when they have already made the same responses before.
SouthernHab is definitely approaching obvious troll status.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
You believe this based on that he called him out to the media?
No. I believe this based on the fact that he deserves to get blow apart. The guy screwed up and he needs to get smoked for it.

Demoted though? No.

Old
boris4c

Budaj had a great game and had nothing to do with the loss. He probably could've done better in the shootout but he was good for 65 minutes. Also, the NHL has to do something about the goalkeeper interference rule. The referees are either too strict or too soft when it comes to enforcing this rule.

Ryan White is to blame here, exact same scenario as against Ottawa. He will not be playing next game, you can count on that.

I love Michel Therrien's post-game comments. So refreshing compared to what we were used to from Jacques Martin.

boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:52 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Here we go again... Blame the back-up goalie like you did last week instead of admitting that Ryan White cost us the game again. Your boner for 4th liners is so irrational that it any screw up they do is blinded by your love for them. Geez I don't wanna visit your place, it's probably filled with posters of him. How about you go cheer for a team filled with meatheads like Boston if you don't understand the concept of discipline. Your shtick is beyond pathetic at this point.
Can you answer the questions I posted.

Boner?

Its a team game. White was not on the ice for any of the goals scored against Montreal. Sure, you can blame him for one goal. But to hang the game on him for one goal when this team gave up three additional goals with him not being a factor?

Would you call that a boner?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The reason Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole will not be broken up is simple...DD can't be on a line Gallagher or Gionta.
I disagree: Desharnais needs to play with speedy wingers who drive the net hard. Gallagher would look great alongside Pacioretty and Desharnais imo.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Here's the issue on D IMO. It's two fold:

1)MT has to put subban and gorges together
2)We need a big D that can clear the crease other than Emelin

The problem is that Boullion, though he's playing well, can't be put with Diaz because they're too small to clear the crease, even with Boullions toughness and he would have to be replaced if we were to acquire #2 because: Markov,Subban,Gorges,Emelin,Diaz can't sit out. Basically we need to upgrade cube. But of course, he's MT's favourite so I couldn't Imagine him sitting out. How do we fix this problem?

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Riberio was a flopping idiot who is practically washed up. No one but you gives a **** about him.
Ribeiro has 13 points right now, he would be leading the Habs. But i dont want him on my team anymore. but when he was in Dallas he was great. Much better then any of Koivu, Plekanec or DD.

Old
Rosso Scuderia

Koivu, one of the most respected player in the league and still battling out there shift after shift. He was called the best players of his team by his coach,a team that includes Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Selanne.

Ribeiro is a joke in the league, he's just an immature punk and still acts like it.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Not idol worship. White's still a kid and he's making some mistakes. Take a breath.

You mean after he blows him apart?
White is basically a future Asham type player. These types are perfect 4th liners. Instead of overpaying for them UFA time, or giving them away as in the case of Asham, Habs finally developing one.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CaliHab84

Budaj

Okay so budaj is bad so what are our options at this point, who can we get to replace this guy?

CaliHab84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:54 PM
TYLENOL

The habs are cursed............................................ ..FOREVER!

TYLENOL is offline   Reply With Quote