HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:54 PM
haburger

vCash: 500
white should not see the ice for awhile.2 nd time in the last couple weeks he has cost the team points with selfish penalties.and why in the hell is budaj starting again?therrien saving price for the playoffs?bad decision.he jus cant make a big save when its needed.this definitely needs attention in the offseason.i thought we played a good game,but this team MUST spend some time in practice working on breakaways.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliHab84 View Post
Okay so budaj is bad so what are our options at this point, who can we get to replace this guy?
I nominate Carey Price.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He had a very good first period and then was invisible besides some solid puck carrying. But nice job showing my point, your willingness to deflect blame from anyone who fits your narrow definition of toughness.
I would never blame any single Forward or DMan for a loss. Its a team game.

I do like to see forwards get more than one shot a game though. That's what he gets paid for.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
No. I believe this based on the fact that he deserves to get blow apart. The guy screwed up and he needs to get smoked for it.

Demoted though? No.
Agree, and he'll recover too.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Koivu sure made life difficult for Ribeiro when he became the best center. Koivu did not like the fact that he was being passed.
And you know this how? Koivu told you? Or Ribeiro maybe?

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:56 PM
durojean

People seem to talk about White like he is just a fourth line player. But the guy is still young and already had some multi point game in the nhl. He's nowhere near his ceiling but he needs to put his act together. It's a learning curve but I'm not ready to give up on him.

But let's be honest, he won't play for awhile.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Koivu, one of the most respected player in the league and still battling out there shift after shift. He was called the best players of his team by his coach,a team that includes Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Selanne.

Ribeiro is a joke in the league, he's just an immature punk and still acts like it.
Koivu is probably the most overrated in Habs history. He was quite an ordinary player. At his peak he was an OK 2nd line center. But in Montreal he was given undeserved stardom.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
Budaj had a great game and had nothing to do with the loss. He probably could've done better in the shootout but he was good for 65 minutes. Also, the NHL has to do something about the goalkeeper interference rule. The referees are either too strict or too soft when it comes to enforcing this rule.

Ryan White is to blame here, exact same scenario as against Ottawa. He will not be playing next game, you can count on that.

I love Michel Therrien's post-game comments. So refreshing compared to what we were used to from Jacques Martin.
lol?huh?budaj does not make the big save at the right time.he didnt in colorado,he didnt last year,and hasnt this year.making the big save at the right time means getting it done,which is a win.has he done that?

Old
TYLENOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Here's the issue on D IMO. It's two fold:

1)MT has to put subban and gorges together
2)We need a big D that can clear the crease other than Emelin

The problem is that Boullion, though he's playing well, can't be put with Diaz because they're too small to clear the crease, even with Boullions toughness and he would have to be replaced if we were to acquire #2 because: Markov,Subban,Gorges,Emelin,Diaz can't sit out. Basically we need to upgrade cube. But of course, he's MT's favourite so I couldn't Imagine him sitting out. How do we fix this problem?
Emelin always seems very solid to me! The only guy who i think is definetly gone next season is Bouillon (maybe replaced by tinordi).

TYLENOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Uber Coca

Quote:
Wow some people just cant take contrary views!! I was getting the same kinda flak on AK46 and boy was i proved right. He is not even in the NHL anymore.
Bashing Plekanec makes you a) mentally challenged b) looking for attention or c) unable to interpret what's happening in front of your eyes (which is quite similar to the first option).

As for the game... Michel Therrien has all the right to be mad at White. The guy needs to use his brain and sadly he gave 2 points to a divisional rival and left us with only one.

Budaj had a bad game IMO. He had awful positionning and rebound control. He made some saves but at this point I'd say luck has a lot to do in it.

Referees... Hate to blame them but once again they showed NO CONSISTENCY. We had so many soft goalie interference penalties since the beginning of the season that I can't honestly believe how Ott could stand on the goal line like that. They're having too much influence on the results for my taste.

As for the positives...

- Plekanec, Eller and Bourque were good.
- Gorges and Markov were also solid on defense.
- Subban needs to use his teammates better on the transition. He lost the puck for no reasons 3 or 4 times tonight. Good to see him rack up the points. Sometimes looked slow and as yet to find his groove IMO.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Michel Bergeron

Old
Stephpa10

White has to have the lowest hockey IQ I have ever seen, i don't want to see him in the lineup, bring in Blunden, Leblanc, Dumont anyone

Stephpa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I never said White was blameless. That was dumb to drop the gloves when Ott did not.

But if you read a lot of the posts here tonight (yours included), this loss was White's fault.

White was a non-factor in 3 of the 4 goals given up tonight. Yet, people like you jump on White and blame him for the loss. That is bull **** and deep down you know it.

The reality is that Budaj is worthless as a goalie in the NHL. The other reality is that our defense is still not as strong as it needs to be. And the other reality is that there are some skill players who have not yet stepped up their game.

But hell, its so damned easy to blame White for all of the real reasons we lost this game.

We were in perfect control of this game before White took that brainless 4 min roughing penality, if it was to defend a teammate I would have understood better but he dropped the gloves for himself, what is unacceptable considering how precious the pts are.. I blame this one 100% on Ryan White cause his penality was total disrespect toward his teammates who battled hard all night long to get the 2 pts..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I nominate Carey Price.
i second that.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
LOL maybe you are to young to remember

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliHab84 View Post
Okay so budaj is bad so what are our options at this point, who can we get to replace this guy?
Budaj handled the puck like it was a wet bar of soap. He needs to play more to get better, but he can't get more starts until he plays better. Is that what they call a paradox?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLENOL View Post
Emelin always seems very solid to me! The only guy who i think is definetly gone next season is Bouillon (maybe replaced by tinordi).
I agree about Tinordi coming in next year, IMO that's a no brainer, but I'm asking about this season.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:59 PM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Michel Bergeron
Ah an even better source.

Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
White has to have the lowest hockey IQ I have ever seen, i don't want to see him in the lineup, bring in Blunden, Leblanc, Dumont anyone
Once White chills out a bit with the bad penalties he's much more effective than those guys and it's not even close.

Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
White has to have the lowest IQ I have ever seen, i don't want to see him in the lineup, bring in Blunden, Leblanc, Dumont anyone
corrected.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Budaj had a better sv % than Biron on a much worse team last year and is making slightly less money.

Budaj is looking like trash right now but let's not pretend Biron is Marty Brodeur just because they have the same first name.
Biron is widely seen as one of the best back-up goalie in the league right now. He has a better GAA than Budaj last year. And he has much much much better numbers these past few seasons overall. Here are their numbers for their last 5 seasons (since 2007-08) :

Biron :
GP : 186
GAA : 2,55
% : 0,913

Budaj
GP : 170
GAA : 2,65
% : 0,901

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:00 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Why cant the Habs sample Price's DNA and clone him ?

Its 2013 for **** sake

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TYLENOL

Plekanec is by far the most clutch player for the habs. Every game he shows up and puts his heart on the line. I see the same in Bourque this year also.

TYLENOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HotPie

Quote:
LOL maybe you are to young to remember
I remember the media making rumours, as they always do when it comes with the Habs.

You do know what a rumour is right? You also know what conjecture is?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:01 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I would never blame any single Forward or DMan for a loss. Its a team game.

I do like to see forwards get more than one shot a game though. That's what he gets paid for.
Yeah, it's not fair to blame an entire loss on one person maybe. But you know, sometimes you make mistakes playing. Stuff like that is kind of beyond anyone's control. Budaj can only be as good in net as Budaj is in net. But dropping your gloves and fighting with someone who aint even fighting you is stupid. I do like toughness, however. And I value what a good fourth liner can bring to a team. I hope White learns from this.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote