HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

The One Kadri Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
jughead42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
I think Kadri with the Knights spanked Windsor a few times to many for him to handle.
yeah, windsor only won 2 memorial cups during Kadri's time with London. That must be it. Maybe I'm just tired of this kid coasting when he has so much talent and ability. It is more than a pattern, it is a routine for him to play strong for a few, rest for a bunch. I think he's starting to cool back down and become the coasting and cough up the puck Kadri again.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:27 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
yeah, windsor only won 2 memorial cups during Kadri's time with London. That must be it. Maybe I'm just tired of this kid coasting when he has so much talent and ability. It is more than a pattern, it is a routine for him to play strong for a few, rest for a bunch. I think he's starting to cool back down and become the coasting and cough up the puck Kadri again.
So are you gonna retort against the back-checking, shot-blocking arguments or just pretend nobody brought it up?

Old
02-06-2013, 01:42 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Stay on topic guys.

You don't have to agree, but you do have to stay on topic.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
ECanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
So are you gonna retort against the back-checking, shot-blocking arguments or just pretend nobody brought it up?
No it's because he doesn't register a point every game. If he did that he would already be making 7 million dollars a season.

The kid is playing great for his age.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
dimi78

[QUOTE=ULF_55;59166653]It is the balance to the Kadri is a star crowd.

I think the majority see him as a valuable asset that Carlyle is using with discretion.

If we did a distribution chart we'd have a few on either end of the chart.[/QUOTE]

LOL! You could put me on the other end of that chart. Once he gains the core strength this kid is going to be special

I don't think Carlyle is using him with discretion. IMO I believe that there's not enough pucks to go around to have Kadri and Kessel on the same line for 5 on 5 hockey (it will be a turnover show) and I think Carlyle sees it that way as well that's why Bozak is still centering Kessel. I think Kadri would get 1st pp duties if he was better at faceoffs to the liking of Carlyle that's why he's on the 2nd PP unit on the wing cause he does want to use him more.

I think Carlyle wants to play Kadri more in fact he's said that more than once but he has a responsibility to the whole team to put the guys on the ice in situations he feels will succeed for the team to win games not just to Kadri and play him more. Both Kadri and Frattin ice time or lack of is due to Carlyle's coaching tactics of excessive line matching... Rather we all agree with his decisions or disagree his responsibility is to coach for the 2 points, he doesn't roll lines and that effects ice time. There ice time has nothing to do with using them in discretion. The top line is Kessel's line and the Grabo line is his shut down line he matches heavily, these 2 lines will play heavy. Sucks for Kadri and his fans like myself, that's just the way it is the good news Kadri and Frattin are making there minutes count.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:26 AM
hobarth

I think that Kadri was held back too long so instead of moving forward in the NHL he's just starting to learn and considering the amount of negativity he endured from Leaf management it's a wonder he's not completely screwed up.

Like all talented players he also likes to coast on his talent but he sure seems determined to contribute to every part of games, like blocking shots.

When his position on the team becomes firmer in spite of his miscues, I think the anti-Kadri contingent will be able to relax and enjoy Kadri positively contributing to the outcome of the games and realizing how genuine he is.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobarth View Post
I think that Kadri was held back too long so instead of moving forward in the NHL he's just starting to learn and considering the amount of negativity he endured from Leaf management it's a wonder he's not completely screwed up.

Like all talented players he also likes to coast on his talent but he sure seems determined to contribute to every part of games, like blocking shots.

When his position on the team becomes firmer in spite of his miscues, I think the anti-Kadri contingent will be able to relax and enjoy Kadri positively contributing to the outcome of the games and realizing how genuine he is.
I disagree.

I have always believed this franchise rushed their young players in way to early and for the wrong reasons.:

I love how they have and are handling their youth now.

It actually looks like we are taking a page from Dets play book and i applaud that 100%.

It's about EFFEN TIME MLSE!!!

Old
02-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Kadri provides more than Bozak from game to game. If his draws are holding him out of the #1 center spot than work with him daily on this. Bozak is not fooling anyone passing to Kessel 90% of the time. Bump Kadri up and see more production from the #1 line. Why not Kadri , Kessel and Frattin? Grabo, JVR, Kulemin. Bozak, macarthur, komarov
Nope, let Kadri and Frat grown their game with sheltered minutes and keep em away from top pairings.

Bozak and Kessel are going to have to fix their own problems.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:37 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
It is the balance to the Kadri is a star crowd.

I think the majority see him as a valuable asset that Carlyle is using with discretion.

[B]If we did a distribution chart we'd have a few on either end of the chart.
LOL! You could put me on the other end of that chart. Once he gains the core strength this kid is going to be special

I don't think Carlyle is using him with discretion. IMO I believe that there's not enough pucks to go around to have Kadri and Kessel on the same line for 5 on 5 hockey (it will be a turnover show) and I think Carlyle sees it that way as well that's why Bozak is still centering Kessel. I think Kadri would get 1st pp duties if he was better at faceoffs to the liking of Carlyle that's why he's on the 2nd PP unit on the wing cause he does want to use him more.

I think Carlyle wants to play Kadri more in fact he's said that more than once but he has a responsibility to the whole team to put the guys on the ice in situations he feels will succeed for the team to win games not just to Kadri and play him more. Both Kadri and Frattin ice time or lack of is due to Carlyle's coaching tactics of excessive line matching... Rather we all agree with his decisions or disagree his responsibility is to coach for the 2 points, he doesn't roll lines and that effects ice time. There ice time has nothing to do with using them in discretion. The top line is Kessel's line and the Grabo line is his shut down line he matches heavily, these 2 lines will play heavy. Sucks for Kadri and his fans like myself, that's just the way it is the good news Kadri and Frattin are making there minutes count.
Actually, no you would be in the main grouping.

Quote:
You are saying "once" he does ... then he's going to be special.

There are some who have called him a star.

Look at his career stats in the NHL. He might become a star, but he isn't even close to being a star today. If he was classified as a star then Malkin, Stamkos, and Crosby should be immediately placed in a HHHoF (Higher Hockey Hall of Fame), because they'd be too good for the current Hall of Fame.

It is about being patient, not rushing to judgement, in either direction.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:39 PM
TmlHockeyFan

He was 80% on faceoff wins this game. His line was by far the best line out there tonight (well him and Frattin, can't say much about Mac).

Old
02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
mcleex

Guys a beast at drawing penalties. Love it

Old
02-07-2013, 09:52 PM
AmazedRink
Nifty Mittens,ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Hahahaha yeah ok, makes me feel good to see Kadri pick up yet another point tonight and keep the team lead for points. Shut you the **** up. Kadri is a STAR player. Yep he is, and you can whine all you want but in the end, YOU ARE WRONG about everything you hate about Kadri, and it feels good man.

Your hate is borderline unhealthy and obsessive.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
He was 80% on faceoff wins this game. His line was by far the best line out there tonight (well him and Frattin, can't say much about Mac).
He was Kadri 8/10 from the draw tonight, 12/15 in the last 2 games for 80%. And he played great defensively with some PK time tonight. Not to mention his ability to continuously draw penalties. And oh yea, he still leads the team in points with 9 in 11 games now.

He's leaving very little for the haters to pick on. Just gotta see it consistently and he will be a beauty.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

are there stats tracked for penalties drawn?

kadri has been great this year. great with the puck and great away from the puck.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:18 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
He was Kadri 8/10 from the draw tonight, 12/15 in the last 2 games for 80%. And he played great defensively with some PK time tonight. Not to mention his ability to continuously draw penalties. And oh yea, he still leads the team in points with 9 in 11 games now.

He's leaving very little for the haters to pick on. Just gotta see it consistently and he will be a beauty.
Hes been awesome defensively. And his faceoffs are improving. If he can keep playing like this for another few games, Id want to see Carlyle try him and Frattin with Kessel to see if it could work.

Switch it up to:

Frattin-Kadri-Kessel
JvR-Grabo-Kuli

Old
02-07-2013, 10:26 PM
AmazedRink
Nifty Mittens,ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Hes been awesome defensively. And his faceoffs are improving. If he can keep playing like this for another few games, Id want to see Carlyle try him and Frattin with Kessel to see if it could work.

Switch it up to:

Frattin-Kadri-Kessel
JvR-Grabo-Kuli
Thought of that the other day. Looks legit.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazedRink View Post
Thought of that the other day. Looks legit.
Not only that, it'd switch up the lines from seeing Bozak with Kessel. Maybe give us a glimpse of whats to come.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:41 PM
CBinTokyo

vCash: 245
Nazzy Stardust

Nazzy played center, playing good with Kom and Frattin
And the Leafs from the past. He played it left hand
But made it too far
Became the special Dream, then we were Nazzy's team .

Nazzy really tried, screwed by Wilson and screwed by Burkie
Like some 7th round pick, he could lick 'em by passing
He could toe drag and hang
He came on so loaded man, became our third line man.

So where was the Kessel while the Coach tried to break our balls
Just the goal light to guide us,
So we *****ed about his fans and should we crush his sweet hands?

Nazzy played for time, jiving us we were contenders
For Lords Stanley's cup, he was the Naz
With god given hands
He took us halfway there, our first line stood and stared.

Making plays like a beauty, Naz drew penalties mighty fine
Like a Leafs' fan's messiah
With the kids playing so fine Carlyle had to change up the lines.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:45 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Kadri is beasting now.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

kadri 1st 63 nhl games 29 points
kessel 1st 70 nhl games 29 points

Old
02-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
kadri 1st 63 nhl games 29 points
kessel 1st 70 nhl games 29 points
Talented players need to get into their groove before producing. I think kadri is starting to find his game now.

Skies the limit now. Potential #1C, or at least a very good #2

Old
02-07-2013, 11:14 PM
mikeo1

Surprise, the kids pretty good. Who would have thought it.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:16 PM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

He loves to come up the boards and fake going wide, and cut cross back over the middle of the slot - sometimes it works, sometimes not, but at least he's trying.

Needs to shoot more, but definitely can't complain with the production.

Great to see the chemistry between him and Frattin too.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:04 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Really glad we didn't trade him.. Specially not for Luongo.

02-08-2013, 12:37 AM
ToneBone03
LEAFS

I am so happy Nazem is playing like he is now. Not only that, but he seems to be excelling now in areas he was being criticized in before.

He's been great defensively. Always hard on the backcheck.

He's been great on draws (8/10 tonight).

He's one of the best players I've ever seen at drawing penalties (seems to draw 2-3 per game...if only our PP wasn't atrocious).

Also, although this was known, his vision and hands are absolutely top-notch. The passes he makes blow my mind.

KEEP IT UP, NIFTY MITTENS!!!

Closed Thread