Notices

Blake Comeau

Old
02-07-2013, 10:10 PM
flameaholic
#neverquit

vCash: 500
Blake Comeau

What's his contribution to this team? He doesn't hit, he doesn't fight, he doesn't score. He doesn't do much of anything!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:23 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
When Walter or Horak get a shot due to these injuries that are starting to (or eventually will pile up) one of them will stick and Comeau will lose his spot.

He can't hit, score, pass, or even properly receive a pass so far this year.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

vCash: 24405
I'm thinking David Moss but worse hands? He's been a turnover machine.

There must be a hope that he can somehow score 20 goals again. But I'm not sure why he's on the roster instead of Horak.

Ace Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:27 PM
MarkGio

Let's break it down:

In 7 games he's averaged 6 minutes of ice time. He's a -3. He's taken 5 shots, 7 hits, and 1 blocked shot. He has some of the worst shot differential numbers of our team, regardless of the quality of his opposition.

He's playing like ****!

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:28 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
The question is should we start calling him Blake Stajan or Matt Comeau? Because I think he's our new whipping boy. Best of luck to him.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Let's break it down:

In 7 games he's averaged 6 minutes of ice time. He's a -3. He's taken 5 shots, 7 hits, and 1 blocked shot. He has some of the worst shot differential numbers of our team, regardless of the quality of his opposition.

He's playing like ****!
Well NHL.com says he's averaged 8:55 of ice time.

Probably 9 minutes too many.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:34 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

Couldn't agree more

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Thumper17

Well what do we do with the guy? Pile him, Butler and Babchuk into a trade for a 4th rounder?

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:36 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper17 View Post
Well what do we do with the guy? Pile him, Butler and Babchuk into a trade for a 4th rounder?
I wouldn't trade Butler the other 2 can go to a desperate team at the deadline for 7ths.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
MarkGio

Quote:

Huh, weird. I was looking at NHL.com a few minutes ago and I could've swore it was 6-something.

Perhaps a little too wierd..

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:45 PM
ALI

I rather have 20 games of moss or TKO then Comeau

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:28 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

Definitely should have kept TKO over Comeau.. He could at least hit and fight.. Coms is just so damn useless this year, not using his speed or hitting ability whatsoever.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:35 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Definitely should have kept TKO over Comeau.. He could at least hit and fight.. Coms is just so damn useless this year, not using his speed or hitting ability whatsoever.
Would rather have neither, Tko can't skate and would be a liability on this team. Comeau is useless and hopefully a team like Detroit gets desperate for bottom 6 scoring and trades us a pick for Comeau.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:43 PM
tfong

Dunno, I mean with his type of player, its hard to get anything really going with 8 mins every night lol. He is supposed to be a big skill player, but you can't get much with so little TOI, just ask Backlund.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:49 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Dunno, I mean with his type of player, its hard to get anything really going with 8 mins every night lol. He is supposed to be a big skill player, but you can't get much with so little TOI, just ask Backlund.
He has no skill. He has "tools", he's big, fast and has a hard shot. But suffers from severe stone hands and tunnel vision. The only way he will ever be a top 6 player is under the precise perfect circumstances and if he keeps his game simple. Other than that, with his tools, he could be a great bottom 6 player, but he can't even seem to do things as simple as skate and hit.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Volica
150lbs of Playoffs

vCash: 550
I think Flames would be wise to get something for him, and call up a kid.

There's no real reason to have him on the team, I think the teams strength comes from three lines that are pretty strong offensively. While he's more responsible than say a Jackman, when Hartley gave the fourth line a mission tonight, they were head hunting in the third and late second period. Blake, while he can hit, doesn't quite have the same fear factor Timmy J has, nor is he as defensively sounds as Jones or Begin.

I don't think he'll ever see another big time season again in his career. He's a decent enough player... but requires a ton of specifics to get him going... one of which was playing on one of the worst teams in the NHL while their superstar was still coming into his own. I'm sure there are some teams in the NHL that would require his services.

Maybe a Comeau and Sarich could be packaged somewhere for... really anything; a third round pick... anything to get rid of some dead weight in Calgary.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:27 AM
flameaholic
#neverquit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
The question is should we start calling him Blake Stajan or Matt Comeau? Because I think he's our new whipping boy. Best of luck to him.
At least Stajan's playing decent this year. Seems to have found a home between Cervenka and Hudler. Comeau literally does nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
He can't hit, score, pass, or even properly receive a pass so far this year.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

All I can say is, thank whatever deity you may or may not subscribe to that Comeau rejected Feaster's offer of a two year contract and bargained him down to a single year.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
All I can say is, thank whatever deity you may or may not subscribe to that Comeau rejected Feaster's offer of a two year contract and bargained him down to a single year.
Amen.

If we ever get rid of him for something of value, we must hold a sacrificial bonfire.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Praise be to ceiling cat.

Old
02-08-2013, 02:13 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Comeau hasn't been great but it is funny this topis appears after one of his better games. He was trying to be involved physically today, he was going to the net. And while he is not hitting enough IMO, he is still 6th in hits among the forwards (in less games and minutes than 4 of the players ahead of him).

I am also not sure about him being a turnover machine as he has only been credited with 2 turnovers on the year and in relation to other players that's not too bad.

I think he is the new whipping boy because he isn't what fans expected, I think many thought that he would return to his 20 goal form when he joined the Flames.

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Flames92

Wait.. he still has value? TRADE HIM what r we waiting for?

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:34 AM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Yeah, Comeau has been horrible this year. Get rid of him, Feaster.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Comeau hasn't been great but it is funny this topis appears after one of his better games. He was trying to be involved physically today, he was going to the net. And while he is not hitting enough IMO, he is still 6th in hits among the forwards (in less games and minutes than 4 of the players ahead of him).

I am also not sure about him being a turnover machine as he has only been credited with 2 turnovers on the year and in relation to other players that's not too bad.

I think he is the new whipping boy because he isn't what fans expected, I think many thought that he would return to his 20 goal form when he joined the Flames.
My expectations were quite low - there was a reason that we were able to pick him up on waivers. I really question how he even got 20 goals - he is never in a position to score.

As far as the turnovers, the NHL only tracks giveaways; turning the puck over after losing a battle or making a stupid shot attempt (which is blocked) or a clearing attempt (which is blocked) I don't believe those situations are tracked in that category.

I guess the problem is that the Flames are focusing on having "smart" players on the team, and based on the decisions that he's been making Comeau isn't one of them. He appears to ride the short bus on road trips...

Old
02-08-2013, 11:26 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
My expectations were quite low - there was a reason that we were able to pick him up on waivers. I really question how he even got 20 goals - he is never in a position to score.

As far as the turnovers, the NHL only tracks giveaways; turning the puck over after losing a battle or making a stupid shot attempt (which is blocked) or a clearing attempt (which is blocked) I don't believe those situations are tracked in that category.

I guess the problem is that the Flames are focusing on having "smart" players on the team, and based on the decisions that he's been making Comeau isn't one of them. He appears to ride the short bus on road trips...
If a 4th liner was a "smart" player they wouldn't be a 4th liner. Jackman, Jones & Begin all have low hockey IQs, the difference between them and Comeau is people are watching and waiting for Comeau to make a mistake. Just like they do with Butler, just like Bouwmeester and just like Stajan. People were unhappy with his signing and they are looking for reasons to dislike him.

Quite frankly he is the Flames best option on the 4th line with the injury to Bouma. The Heat have no one that can replace Comeau and compete at the NHL level consistently. Aliu and Bancks are the best options for that role and Aliu can't stick at the AHL level, forget the NHL and Bancks simply isn't in the same league as someone like Bouma. The Heat is filled with guys that can fill in on the 3rd line, but no one for that 4th line.

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote