HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Got A Question About A Player? Fantasy? The Team History? Draft History? Anything?

Old
02-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Tonka
Diggles

vCash: 500
Kovalchuk

I had a question about Kovalchuk. I have him in my pool and I'm wondering what is going on with him? Pointless in the last several games and racking up the minus column. Does he look injured out there? Is he at least getting chances?

Thanks.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Reddawg

I came here with the same question and read the gameday thread, where I learned that Kovalchuk is a traditionally slow starter and all will be fine soon. So I'm drinking the kool-aid on that and waiting for him to warm up.

Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
I came here with the same question and read the gameday thread, where I learned that Kovalchuk is a traditionally slow starter and all will be fine soon. So I'm drinking the kool-aid on that and waiting for him to warm up.
Are you still playing him or have you benched him a game here n there?

Old
02-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Reddawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Are you still playing him or have you benched him a game here n there?
I stopped making him my tiebreaking forward for now (where his points are used in the event of an overall tie), but I'm still playing him in my keeper. Matt Moulson has been my OT forward of late.

Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
If you see anything (and hopefully you do soon) about the Devils powerplay beginning to look productive, that's when you start rolling him unconditionally. When he turns on, he's on.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:19 AM
MajorPain

Still hoping to get some feedback regarding Jacob Josefson. Is he stuck playing 3rd line behind Zajac/Henrique or is there any chance he moves up in the top 6 eventually. Does he have the potential for it? Can he play on the wings?

MajorPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
Still hoping to get some feedback regarding Jacob Josefson. Is he stuck playing 3rd line behind Zajac/Henrique or is there any chance he moves up in the top 6 eventually. Does he have the potential for it? Can he play on the wings?
He's most likely to stay on the third line. He can play wing, but he is better at centre.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Speak of the devil (no pun intended ), Kovalchuk with a good game. SHP, PPP and almost a GWG goal too. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Actually, I gots a good question.

Doug Gilmour. Educate me. My friend for whatever reason wants his NJ jersey.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Actually, I gots a good question.

Doug Gilmour. Educate me. My friend for whatever reason wants his NJ jersey.
Great player. Hall of Famer. But his best days were obviously not here. He was here for less than a year and a half. Good point producer while he was here, but far from his best and a little less than his "norm" for that general point of his career. If your friend wants a Gilmour Devils jersey.... why?

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:22 AM
GravelTheOne

Zajac: 3 points in 10 games, what's going on with him?

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:34 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelTheOne View Post
Zajac: 3 points in 10 games, what's going on with him?
Kovy & Zajac going through a bit of slump, especially considering the revolving door on their LW.
They're also boneheadedly opting to pass instead of shoot. It's only a matter of time before they battle through it.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:05 AM
GravelTheOne

I hope so... thank you!

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Great player. Hall of Famer. But his best days were obviously not here. He was here for less than a year and a half. Good point producer while he was here, but far from his best and a little less than his "norm" for that general point of his career. If your friend wants a Gilmour Devils jersey.... why?
No clue. I'm debating on whether or not I'll get it for him. He's got a lot of NJ Jerseys and I'm unsure of why he wants it. Either way, I have paypal and he doesn't, so He'd be paying me back anyway. But the point remains.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Scott04

Quote:
No clue. I'm debating on whether or not I'll get it for him. He's got a lot of NJ Jerseys and I'm unsure of why he wants it. Either way, I have paypal and he doesn't, so He'd be paying me back anyway. But the point remains.
Its just odd. Nothing wrong with Doug Gilmour as a player, or wanting a jersey of his in general I guess. But a Devils one just makes no sense. Wasn't even here for 2 full years, no deep playoff runs as a member of the team, few "notable" moments if any.... Just strange. Convince him to get a Mogilny jersey instead. In his 1 1/2 total years with NJ (counting that half of a season at the end of his career in this total), at least he won a cup and went to the finals the following year...

Old
02-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Its just odd. Nothing wrong with Doug Gilmour as a player, or wanting a jersey of his in general I guess. But a Devils one just makes no sense. Wasn't even here for 2 full years, no deep playoff runs as a member of the team, few "notable" moments if any.... Just strange. Convince him to get a Mogilny jersey instead. In his 1 1/2 total years with NJ (counting that half of a season at the end of his career in this total), at least he won a cup and went to the finals the following year...
I just told him to look for a blank jersey then he can put whoever he likes on it.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Scott04

Quote:
I just told him to look for a blank jersey then he can put whoever he likes on it.
Good move. May even be able to get it done cheaper that way if he manages to find a deal on a blank/find a good place for the customization.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
What's the deal with Tallinder? Is he hurt?

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:20 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
What's the deal with Tallinder? Is he hurt?
Odd man out.
Currently running with 8 defensemen who are capable of playing in the top 6. Harrold is the first to sit, it's tougher to choose after that.

It was Larsson, then Fayne who was "injured" and Larsson impressed again, so he wasn't going to sit. Tallinder was the next one out.

Tallinder is our biggest piece of trade fodder at the moment, though.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Odd man out.
Currently running with 8 defensemen who are capable of playing in the top 6. Harrold is the first to sit, it's tougher to choose after that.

It was Larsson, then Fayne who was "injured" and Larsson impressed again, so he wasn't going to sit. Tallinder was the next one out.

Tallinder is our biggest piece of trade fodder at the moment, though.
Thanks. He has been good in my keeper until this year. I figured he must be riding the pine. Any sense as to who might want him. I am an Oilers fan. I think he is the type of D man we could use.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:39 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Thanks. He has been good in my keeper until this year. I figured he must be riding the pine. Any sense as to who might want him. I am an Oilers fan. I think he is the type of D man we could use.
We definitely make good trade partners. Unfortunately, we never have any idea what our GM is up to. He always does what's least expected

Old
02-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Odd, we were confidently told by some other Oilers fans on the mainboard that Volchenkov and Tallinder wouldn't make the Oilers as top 6 defencemen.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Odd, we were confidently told by some other Oilers fans on the mainboard that Volchenkov and Tallinder wouldn't make the Oilers as top 6 defencemen.
Those would be the delusional fans from the land of unicorns and leprechauns.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:45 PM
sharkie88

What's the deal with Andy Greene? I picked him up in my fantasy league and he's been putting up some decent numbers. Problem is, I have Brent Burns coming off IR and need to decide whether I should drop Greene or Nick Leddy.

It's not a keeper league, I only care about this season. So, do you guys see Greene continuing his point producing ways? Is he getting significant PP time? PIMs and +/- are the only non-offensive categories so blocked shots and hits aren't factors.

Thanks.

sharkie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Squeeven

Goaltending situation

Hey Devils fan, Sharks fan coming in peace. I just realized that Hedberg is 39 years old and with Brodeur being 40, are you guys worried about your goaltending after those two retire which will be soon? Do you guys have any good prospects lined up? Marty and Hedberg may be a pretty good tandem but also probably the oldest goaltending tandem in the league so I was just curious what you guys will do when they retire? Marty is definitely an ageless wonder so I wonder he can last another season but I don't know much about Hedberg. Anyway you guys seem to be off to a good start so good luck!

Squeeven is online now   Reply With Quote