HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 04:21 PM
  #776
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Lemieux is obviously a different category of player, but beyond that, it's exactly the same situation. Lemieux was considered an uncoachable, selfish, egomaniac throughout most of his career. His practice habits and conditioning were always in question. The Penguins wisely put up with it because of what he contributed on ice and to the fans.

If you want to look at a more recent, less dramatic example...Alex Kovalev is another good comparison.
I would have to disagree on that. Lemieux may have been a bit arrogant and egotistical, but the rap sheet that Radulov carries completely trumps Lemeuix, or anyone else for that matter. The Penguins put up with it because his attitude wasn't that bad, AND he more than delivered. Radulov's attitude is just as bad (or worse than) the reputation he carries, AND he doesn't deliver.

Kovalev has never had the reputation that Radulov carries.

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:47 AM
  #777
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,175
vCash: 500
OK, so we went 4-2-1 on a 7 game road trip, only have 2 regulation losses in 11 games, and are in a playoff spot...

can we stop planning on who we will draft with the top pick and/or making firesale trade suggestions for a day or two??

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 10:49 AM
  #778
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Radulov had one disgustingly good season in the QM. So did Alexandre Daigle. in fact, I'd say the two careers look kinda similar if you look at statistics.

Radulov went on to be the all time leading scorer in the KHL. I'd say it's essentially a second line NHL player running rampant over a league essentially full of borderline AHLers, with a few exceptions of course. also, consider the KHL plays on the bigger, international ice.

One thing i do know is Radulov's last stint in the NHL didn't impress me. I'd be very surprised if he was a real impact player in the NHL ever.

KevFist is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
  #779
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post
Radulov had one disgustingly good season in the QM. So did Alexandre Daigle. in fact, I'd say the two careers look kinda similar if you look at statistics.

Radulov went on to be the all time leading scorer in the KHL. I'd say it's essentially a second line NHL player running rampant over a league essentially full of borderline AHLers, with a few exceptions of course. also, consider the KHL plays on the bigger, international ice.

One thing i do know is Radulov's last stint in the NHL didn't impress me. I'd be very surprised if he was a real impact player in the NHL ever.
I understand questioning the mental aspect of his game, but his skill shouldn't really be questioned. He scored 26 goals in his first full season in the NHL, and came back to the NHL after three years last spring, cold, and was immediately our most dangerous offensive forward.

He lead the team in postseason scoring. What more could he have done to impress you? We're not talking about Alexei Morozov, here.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
  #780
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
OK, so we went 4-2-1 on a 7 game road trip, only have 2 regulation losses in 11 games, and are in a playoff spot...

can we stop planning on who we will draft with the top pick and/or making firesale trade suggestions for a day or two??
c'mon doc, really? we can't score, we got nobody to replace Suter as Webs partner or make the outlet pass, we suck on the dot, we can't get by w/o Rads .....

deanwormer is online now  
Old
02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
  #781
wadesworld
Registered User
 
wadesworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
One thing i do know is Radulov's last stint in the NHL didn't impress me. I'd be very surprised if he was a real impact player in the NHL ever.
I agree, but based strictly on attitude.

You can see his skill every time he touches the puck. But he'll never apply that skill properly. And his attitude keeps him from doing much useful when he doesn't have the puck (i.e. defense).

wadesworld is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:52 AM
  #782
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I agree, but based strictly on attitude.

You can see his skill every time he touches the puck. But he'll never apply that skill properly. And his attitude keeps him from doing much useful when he doesn't have the puck (i.e. defense).
and he looked soft - not his game, but physically. for a guy that had been playing a regular schedule he sure looked more like a guy that was enjoying his beer and borscht.... but perhaps that just goes with his attitude.

deanwormer is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:53 AM
  #783
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
There is some need for better play (shots, forechecking, passing, etc...), but the thing that has me most frustrated so far is the amount of penalties were taking on. We can't seem to stay out of the box. Pekka has been doing cartwheels saving our bacon.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:03 AM
  #784
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
A couple of the calls on us were bogus tonight. The goaltender interference on Erat was ridiculous.

It was fun being back at the arena tonight. We had long stretches of punctuated by some moments of . Fisher was not completely useless, he did block a couple shots. SK needs to sit. Hali at least shoots the puck. Gill made a couple of bonehead plays and one really embarrassing fall at the end of the game. Legwand needs to put his stick on the ice, missed some great chances. Clune with his obligatory fight, which he won by a takedown. Bourque, Wilson and Peks definitely deserved the 3 stars tonight.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:01 AM
  #785
wadesworld
Registered User
 
wadesworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Legwand needs to put his stick on the ice, missed some great chances.
Amen!

This drives me absolutely insane. Legwand constantly carries his stick around at waist level and misses so many opportunities (scoring, breakup or puck reception) because of it.

wadesworld is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:32 AM
  #786
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,849
vCash: 500
We still need to generate more shots and cycle the puck better.

I'm not worried about the shot total last night, looks like they had about 10 shots from the tops of the circles in to the goal, we had 6.

The rest were shots from deep or bad angle shots

triggrman is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 03:42 PM
  #787
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 500
For the sake of tongue-in-cheek negativity, Thomas Vanek has been in on 21 goals this season, and as a team we've scored 21 actual goals this season.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:13 PM
  #788
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
For the sake of tongue-in-cheek negativity, Thomas Vanek has been in on 21 goals this season, and as a team we've scored 21 actual goals this season.
Theres a big difference in Vanek and our forwards. He finishes. Do you see his second goal from last night. On his belly in the crease poking at the puck, Oh thats right our pretty boys leave those goals to Horni or Goose to get they might get there hair mussed up if they did some work in front of the net. If Miller could stop a puck once in a while the Buffaslugs would be lights out in the east.

Byrddog is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:16 PM
  #789
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Theres a big difference in Vanek and our forwards. He finishes. Do you see his second goal from last night. On his belly in the crease poking at the puck, Oh thats right our pretty boys leave those goals to Horni or Goose to get they might get there hair mussed up if they did some work in front of the net. If Miller could stop a puck once in a while the Buffaslugs would be lights out in the east.
I'm not comparing anyone, I'm just saying. And yes if Miller could stop pucks they would be awesome. If we could score goals, we would be awesome. Different problems, same frustration. I'm sure Buffalo fans would give up half of Vanek's points for our goaltending.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:12 PM
  #790
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm not comparing anyone, I'm just saying. And yes if Miller could stop pucks they would be awesome. If we could score goals, we would be awesome. Different problems, same frustration. I'm sure Buffalo fans would give up half of Vanek's points for our goaltending.
Same frustration, except that we are still consistently one of the best teams in the league, including this year- Buffalo is not-

drwpreds is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:51 PM
  #791
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Vanek has another one in the 1st period tonight. This guy is amazing.

Byrddog is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:11 PM
  #792
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Just love having a group of 3rd and 4 th liners as our forwards.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:35 PM
  #793
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Amazing how the negative people disappear when we win but magically appear after an OTL.

101st_fan is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
  #794
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,012
vCash: 500
Here's something negative that isn't about the team. The refs ****ed us tonight

__________________
Her love was a rose, pale and dying.
TMI is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:11 AM
  #795
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Here's something negative that isn't about the team. The refs ****ed us tonight
It appears both players made contact with the puck using their gloves while still gripping their sticks. No matter how the rule is parsed, it was a bad call.

101st_fan is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:22 AM
  #796
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It appears both players made contact with the puck using their gloves while still gripping their sticks. No matter how the rule is parsed, it was a bad call.
I was at a bar when it happened. No sound obviously. The graphic said "elbowing", but that obviously wasn't the call. It's terrible either way. Maybe next time we can get Nolan Ryan to wind up and toss one at the ice

TMI is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 04:02 AM
  #797
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
The only negative I have is our power play didn't convert tonight. But they had some damn good chances and was a lot more dangerous looking than it has been. Weber was so close to a goal.

I can't wait to see all the negativity after tomorrow night's game when Chicago pastes us.

kypredsfan is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 10:58 AM
  #798
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
The only negative I have is our power play didn't convert tonight. But they had some damn good chances and was a lot more dangerous looking than it has been. Weber was so close to a goal.

I can't wait to see all the negativity after tomorrow night's game when Chicago pastes us.
Oh- it will be brutal if we lose. Here is what's going to happen, guaranteed- the first bad loss we have, all the negative Nancy's will come out in force with "see, I told you so- told you we were just getting lucky, told you this kind of play wasn't sustainable, etc, etc, etc"

drwpreds is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 11:31 AM
  #799
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
The facts. We are not scoring. An individual player Thomas Vanek has more goals than we do as a TEAM! We had 6 pp last night not one conversion. That is unacceptable. I don't always agree with 101st but he was right in saying that we have to get better at putting the puck on net. Look at Chicago. They haven't lost in regulation, they look like the team that won the cup 3 years ago. They have true goal scorers. We got nothin'.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 11:37 AM
  #800
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Oh- it will be brutal if we lose. Here is what's going to happen, guaranteed- the first bad loss we have, all the negative Nancy's will come out in force with "see, I told you so- told you we were just getting lucky, told you this kind of play wasn't sustainable, etc, etc, etc"
We did pretty much the same thing in the OT loss as in the two regulation wins. Similar number of good chances, too many of our star players staying to the perimeter, a PP that still isn't clicking (3 for 31 since first game at Minn .... one of those a pass deflected by an opposing defender through his goalie's 5hole, 6 for 38 overall). The huge difference was Backstrom's .961sv% compared to the Blues and Kings combined .727sv%.

Your pretending that nothing is flawed when we win is just as bad as those who see nothing good in our play when we're losing.

We can't keep putting our defensive play into a position where they cannot allow more than one goal per game for us to have a chance to win ... in reality an outstanding defense and goalie combo is going to allow about 2 goals against per game over the course of a season. We cannot count on a goalie allowing in 25% of the total shots and virtually every quality scoring chance to end up in the net every night. We cannot have just one player taking a sizable number of faceoffs and winning them.

When the chances were there our players either shot wide (Weber), shot into the goalie (Ellis), or didn't shoot at all (Legwand, Wilson, Bourque) ... the same issue that we've had all season.

101st_fan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ę2014 All Rights Reserved.