Notices

The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 12:55 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

vCash: 500
If we go as far as firing him.. Walz should get the job..

Old
02-08-2013, 01:07 AM
behemolari

Didn't watch the last game but just read Granlund was healthy scratch and Coyle was on 1st. What a hell??? Fire him!

Old
02-08-2013, 01:08 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemolari View Post
Didn't watch the last game but just read Granlund was healthy scratch and Coyle was on 1st. What a hell??? Fire him!

Old
02-08-2013, 01:25 AM
behemolari

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
you think thats proper coaching, right?

Old
02-08-2013, 01:29 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemolari View Post
you think thats proper coaching, right?
I think it's hilarious to say that Coyle on the 1st line is fire-able without actually watching the god damned game. Coyle was more than fine on that line.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I'm sorry but you Finns' overreactions are just hilarious..

It's just 1 game. Granlund will obviously be back.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:40 AM
behemolari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

I'm not worried about MiG and his game, this Wild team is messed up

Old
02-08-2013, 01:46 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

It's unbelievable how hard this team has to work to get a scoring chance, only to have the opposing goalie always in position and the defense in front of him always clearing the rebounds out of danger thus never getting second chance opportunities etc... only to see the opposition just make one pass and they get a guy wide open one on one with our goaltender who is flying out of the crease and out of position to give their shooter almost an empty net to score on.

Old
02-08-2013, 02:07 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

This is my issue with the whole fire Yeo bandwagon;

When Chuck Fletcher was hired on, he had a lot of rebuilding to do. He kind of messed up and he admitted to it but he hired Todd Richards as his first coach. He swapped out Pouliot for Latendresse to try and fix a problem. Lats worked but then started getting injured. He brought in Havlat and Brodziak. He also brought in Barker and Kobasew (and Kobasew to shake up the team). He also tried Sykora for a while.

In 2010-2011, he brought in Cullen, Madden and Nystrom. He traded for Staubitz as the team needed more size. He brought in Patrick O'Sullivan (AGAIN!) and Theodore.

Next year, he traded Burns for more shooters (Coyle, Setoguchi and Phillips), Havlat was traded for Heatley, and Sheppard was traded for a used ATV. Richards was fired. And Yeo hired on.

None of that worked.

So he brought in Parise and Suter.

The thing is; we've tried the coaching change. We've tried swapping out a dozen or so players. We've tried pretty much everything. When it comes down to it, it's starting to look like the players and not the coach.

Old
02-08-2013, 02:10 AM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
It's unbelievable how hard this team has to work to get a scoring chance, only to have the opposing goalie always in position and the defense in front of him always clearing the rebounds out of danger thus never getting second chance opportunities etc... only to see the opposition just make one pass and they get a guy wide open one on one with our goaltender who is flying out of the crease and out of position to give their shooter almost an empty net to score on.
Agreed! To me I still see more of a goaltending, chemistry and player leadership issue still then coaching. Yeo is not blameless in all this, however, given the complexities of a shortened season I believe he does have the most impossible task of any coach really in the league.

It's like putting together a train all while it is moving.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:23 AM
behemolari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
I believe he does have the most impossible task of any coach really in the league.
it's not that impossible, just play skillful player together not scratch them

Old
02-08-2013, 04:24 AM
toewsintangibles

http://behindthenet.ca/fenwick_2012....&section=close

Minnesota is still in the absolute gutter on their puck possession.. one of the worst teams in the league. Parise and Suter didn't seem to help at all. Maybe its the system?

Old
02-08-2013, 04:30 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post

Minnesota is still in the absolute gutter on their puck possession.. one of the worst teams in the league. Parise and Suter didn't seem to help at all. Maybe its the system?
Maybe it's the players in the system? Again Richards team, while slightly better, still sucked.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:03 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

Would have been nice to be the proverbial fly on the wall at that players-only meeting. Perhaps they have lost confidence in the system, and they are just going through the motions. Almost looks like it. Its definitely not a leadership on the ice thing, as both Koivu and Parise are the hardest working players night-in, night-out. If Jordan Schroeder is out there for the Canucks, why was Granlund not out there for the Wild? That was a ridiculous decision. Also, while the Canucks seem to have a certain persona in Wild fans minds, it its physical, they are not that last night, or even chippy. Penalties can often be the result of a bone-headed player. But someones its matter of team discipline. That starts at the top, coaching.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
behemolari

still not fired..

Old
02-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Sportserie

I am not saying Yeo should be fired but I do think it's not premature to start pointing a finger at him for why things are going south right now. HE is responsible for getting these players to perform, score goals, win games. It is on him to get this in order. I do not believe the Wild are remotely in order right now. Everything seems all over the place and I blame Yeo directly for this. He seems in over his head at the moment.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Granlund 64

Yeo is responsible for the players not capitalizing on premium scoring chances.

Got it... thanks for clearing that up.

Glad to see player accountability is at an all time high.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:30 AM
forthewild

Trade Seto and PMB

bring up Zucker

1st line

Granlund Koivu Parise

2nd line

Heater Cullen Coyle

3rd line

Mitchell Brodz clutter

4th line

whate ever

Old
02-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Granlund 64

So you bring up Zucker... and he's not on one of the top three lines?

Old
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

Not a Wild fan but I live here in the cities and watch pretty much all the games. I think Yeo is in over his head with this team. And his system does not fit the more skilled players the Wild now have. The players looked like they mailed it in last night to be honest.

Perhaps the fan base thinks the team should be better than they are with the roster they have? Thinking Granlund is the next coming before he had even played and NHL game? Most outside of the fan base thought the Wild would be a 7-8 seed if they made the playoffs.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:13 AM
mesamonster

Craig Leipold, paid out vast sums of money in the off season to build this fancy ne edition of the Wild! Kind of like buying a fancy sports car for the track, but NO DRIVER! Watching the level of compete and the systems Yeo is attempting to utilize is complete and utter futility. Clearly, there is no system and the team appears lost.

Mr. Leipold it is time that you set up plan "B" and look south to the man who mentored Mike Yeo and who has developed into perhaps the premier head coach in the NHL-Dave Tippett. Tip, with nothing to work with in PHX has managed to compile the second best winning % amongst active coaches (second to Mike Babcock). PHX is likely to be relocating next season to Quebec City and Tippett is in the final year of his contract. Rumor has it that there are only a select few cities he would want to coach in and St. Paul is one of them. He has family in Minneapolis and owns a home in Northern Minnesota. Do whatever you have to do to get him, his cost is nothing compared to what you just paid Sutor and Parise and arguably his impact would be bigger! While you are at it, give Fletcher his walking papers, as he has done nothing, and bring in Don Maloney to compliment Tippett!

Old
02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Granlund 64

Fletcher has done nothing...

Old
02-08-2013, 10:24 AM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund 64 View Post
Fletcher has done nothing...

He has shown us nothing! His first mistake was his biggest, hiring Todd Richards, then repeating the mistake by hiring another rookie coach. Lets see, what is his record since he arrived?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Granlund 64

In regards to coaching hires he does seem to struggle, but that is at most half of his job.

He's also brought us from bare cupboard to #1 ranked prospect stable. Those prospects still have to pan out but we are in a far-away better position than we were under DR.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
If we go as far as firing him.. Walz should get the job..
Really? Wes Walz has never coached at any level of the game outside of his kid's midget team. Come on. I love Wes Walz, but he's not a coach. I'd love to have him as the player liaison instead of Darby though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
I think it's hilarious to say that Coyle on the 1st line is fire-able without actually watching the god damned game. Coyle was more than fine on that line.
Exactly. Coyle was one of the best players and had some great looks including a post. He has looked much better than Granlund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

I wouldn't mind seeing that "fourth line" again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
The thing is; we've tried the coaching change. We've tried swapping out a dozen or so players. We've tried pretty much everything. When it comes down to it, it's starting to look like the players and not the coach.
TSK, voice of reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post

Parise's leading the team in scoring and Suter is second among defensemen. Those two are doing just fine offensively. It's the forwards not named Parise and Koivu that are not doing their jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Mr. Leipold it is time that you set up plan "B" and look south to the man who mentored Mike Yeo and who has developed into perhaps the premier head coach in the NHL-Dave Tippett.
Dave Tippett is under contract with the Phoenix Coyotes.

Closed Thread